Coachella - Forum Meetup / Camping Thread

People still thinking about attending? I guess I'm waiting to hear about tour plans, if they don't materialise I'll be thinking more and more about Coachella. The absence of day passes for Coachella could turn out to be a factor.

If no more tour plans are announced by March, I'll be heading to Coachella.

Getting a ticket shouldn't be that hard. They are about $550 for weekend one now on Stubhub and less for weekend two. Getting a car camping pass will be extremely difficult since it has to be tied to the original ticket purchase. Maybe someone on here got a reasonably priced hotel ($300 for the weekend )but I think you'd have had to book a year in advance for that. Anyway,it'll be an adventure for sure. In my head I justify the expense since I'll get to camp all weekend and my friend that I'm attending with lives in California so I plan to go to Canter's,The Rainbow Room etc.

People still thinking about attending? I guess I'm waiting to hear about tour plans, if they don't materialise I'll be thinking more and more about Coachella. The absence of day passes for Coachella could turn out to be a factor.

If no more tour plans are announced by March, I'll be heading to Coachella.

Getting a ticket shouldn't be that hard. They are about $550 for weekend one now on Stubhub and less for weekend two. Getting a car camping pass will be extremely difficult since it has to be tied to the original ticket purchase. Maybe someone on here got a reasonably priced hotel ($300 for the weekend )but I think you'd have had to book a year in advance for that. Anyway,it'll be an adventure for sure. In my head I justify the expense since I'll get to camp all weekend and my friend that I'm attending with lives in California so I plan to go to Canter's,The Rainbow Room etc.

Yes, that's what I read about previous years for Coachella. I'll be scoring a ticket a few days before the festival if needed.

I could've bought tickets, I actually had them in my cart, but left it. All these rumors about more dates, I'm waiting for them to suffice.

I think Vegas will definitely happen. It makes too much sense, most of the rumors have been on point and it's not hard to imagine GNR playing a few shows in Vegas. It's good money, it's easy on the production and if you want to do a full tour then this will be the place to line everything out and prepare for that.

I think Vegas will definitely happen. It makes too much sense, most of the rumors have been on point and it's not hard to imagine GNR playing a few shows in Vegas. It's good money, it's easy on the production and if you want to do a full tour then this will be the place to line everything out and prepare for that.

A Vegas residency with the original 5 plus Dizzy would be HUGE..

As a rock and roll fan... fuuuuuck Vegas residencies. That's shit Cher and Britney Spears does. GNR needs to be on the road and never at Vegas.

• Like 1

As a rock and roll fan... fuuuuuck Vegas residencies. That's shit Cher and Britney Spears does. GNR needs to be on the road and never at Vegas.

Agreed...but the money will be right.

Il be going from Michigan if a tour isn't announced soon.

My aunt took lives in thousand oaks which would save me hotel fees. I'd just use the shuttle in LA

I don't see a tour being announced until after Coachella. Bands pull this shit with festivals all the time in Europe. Maiden says Donington will be their only UK date in a given year, then announce a UK tour onstage at Download.

Coachella paid a pretty penny for this show. They sure as hell want exclusivity rights until the event is over.

If you just want to see a show, I don't see the point in going to Coachella. They're already rehearsing, there's absolutely no fucking way they do the 2 gigs at Coachella and call it a day.