Coachella - Forum Meetup / Camping Thread

Finding a hotel is very hard! Shit. And I don't have any gear to camp for 4 days unless I can rent a tent etc. Even shitty hotels are very expensive.

Do you already have a camping pass? Those are harder to find than a ticket since I think the camping pass/admission ticket must be from the same order and can't be split up. I know someone looking for a pass/ticket for weekend one and he can't find anything under $800.

Finding a hotel is very hard! Shit. And I don't have any gear to camp for 4 days unless I can rent a tent etc. Even shitty hotels are very expensive.

You can't buy camping gear from now until April?

Are you going the first weekend? I had a quick look and the cheapest was Indio Holiday Motel on booking.com £743 for 4 nights (one room left). What is your budget?

Are you going the first weekend? I had a quick look and the cheapest was Indio Holiday Motel on booking.com £743 for 4 nights (one room left). What is your budget?

You talkin to me? :P

I've got a camping pass :)

You talkin to me? :P

I've got a camping pass :)

No sorry, I quoted the wrong post - it was for smoking guns :)

I'm going to weekend 2 -- everybody here has passes to weekend 1 or is anyone joining me? :)

I'll be there weekend two.I figured it would be more relaxed if that's possible in a group of 100,000. My hope is that not everyone is going to watch GNR and maybe it'll be cut down to "only" 50,000 when they take the stage. Also,I look at it as we are getting them after they warmed up weekend one.

Depending on how much things cost in the upcoming months, I may consider the second weekend as well. That's a big maybe though.

Why? Would we just stay there the whole week or fly back in between?
It's just an idea I've been thinking about which is why I didn't ask you yet. Also I'd only do it if they don't do any shows beforehand, and because I think there could be a decent chance of a slightly different set that weekend, who knows.

Staying in/around LA would be awesome, but I think flying back the second weekend would be the cheaper option.

Again, not anything I've greatly looked into, just a thought.

Depending on how much things cost in the upcoming months, I may consider the second weekend as well. That's a big maybe though.

Why? Would we just stay there the whole week or fly back in between?
It's just an idea I've been thinking about which is why I didn't ask you yet. Also I'd only do it if they don't do any shows beforehand, and because I think there could be a decent chance of a slightly different set that weekend, who knows.

Staying in/around LA would be awesome, but I think flying back the second weekend would be the cheaper option.

Again, not anything I've greatly looked into, just a thought.

Weeell... I live in LA now so if you have camping gear anyway you could camp out in my yard (a friend who's coming from Iceland for Coachella is taking the couch) but I'd of course have to talk to my roommate about it --PM me!

I did a post way back in 2010 on this forum (back when I actually used to be active) to get places to crash for their Canadian tour and was treated with such respect that made the trip so unbelievably awesome that it made it into Axl's infamous Madison-speech lol --it's the least I could do for this forum

PS. Cool to see the people with weekend 2 passes but anyone thinking weekend 2 is more "chill"... heh, they sold out the first weekend before even announcing the line up and second weekend sold out it under 20 minutes. Did weekend 2 last year and it was pretty much insane. LOVED IT.

Edited by Revolver
  • Like 1

I just booked a room at the Super 8 2 miles from the event. Still a couple rooms left. Going first weekend.

Good choice. Super 8 falls into the category of "4 walls, a roof and a door" for me. Sometimes when you're travelling, that's all you need. You'll be a hell of a lot better off than everyone camping out, that's for damn sure.

I just booked a room at the Super 8 2 miles from the event. Still a couple rooms left. Going first weekend.

Good choice. Super 8 falls into the category of "4 walls, a roof and a door" for me. Sometimes when you're travelling, that's all you need. You'll be a hell of a lot better off than everyone camping out, that's for damn sure.

One of the main reasons I'm going to Coachella is for the camping experience. I am 100% sure there will be a tour and I'm not one of those people who HAS to see the first show but I'm looking forward to the experience of the festival as a whole. As someone in their mid 30s,I think I'm well above the target age range for Coachella but between the festival and getting to spend a few days in LA,for me it's worth it. If I had not had the chance to camp,I probably wouldn't be going.

The main reason I'm camping is because I plan on being front row, and I don't want to have to get up earlier from a hotel and drive into the festival and worry about parking and all that the day of the show. I want to be able to get up, drink a monster, take a shot and go.

Nothing like eating cold baked beans

It's a multi million dollar festival with food from all over California for sale. I'll have the chance to purchase $8 slices of pizza,I'm sure. I plan on bringing in as much non perishable food as possible in our car. I'm not trying to spend another $150 just on food for three days there.

One of the main reasons I'm going to Coachella is for the camping experience. I am 100% sure there will be a tour and I'm not one of those people who HAS to see the first show but I'm looking forward to the experience of the festival as a whole. As someone in their mid 30s,I think I'm well above the target age range for Coachella but between the festival and getting to spend a few days in LA,for me it's worth it. If I had not had the chance to camp,I probably wouldn't be going.

The main reason I'm camping is because I plan on being front row, and I don't want to have to get up earlier from a hotel and drive into the festival and worry about parking and all that the day of the show. I want to be able to get up, drink a monster, take a shot and go.

Right on. To each their own and all that. Camping has just never been my thing but I can see why others would dig it in this case.