GNR Arrangement/Style

What do you guys think GNRs playing style will be in future concerts? As we know Pittman is in, so is it possible to see old arrangement with no keyboard?

Personally, I liked 91-93 playing style with Dizzy Reed on piano, but I'm not really big fan of so much electric shits on stage.

So will performances be more CD-ish or i don't know, AFD-UYI-ish ? :lol: Maybe hybrid? But dont think it will work well...

Edited by Crashey

Style? I don't really know what you mean by that.

I don't really know how to properly say it, because English is not my primary language, but I meant playing style, for example Patience was fully acoustic in album version, then on UYI performances it was played with electric guitars, and then in 93' concerts it was played acoustically plus Dizzy Reed piano.

Having Pittman there will definitely effect the songs in a Negative way.. It is bad enough hearing Dizzy play keyboards on songs like Nightrain but all the Synths are fucking terrible. I tuned on VH1 Classic yesterday and that O2 Arena was on. Rocket Queen was playing and I wanted to give it a chance but it was pretty bad. The worst was the "I'll see you standing" part being ruined bu synths drowning out what should be awesome guitar parts.. It was awful...

What do you guys think GNRs playing style will be in future concerts? As we know Pittman is in, so is it possible to see old arrangement with no keyboard?

Personally, I liked 91-93 playing style with Dizzy Reed on piano, but I'm not really big fan of so much electric shits on stage.

So will performances be more CD-ish or i don't know, AFD-UYI-ish ? :lol: Maybe hybrid? But dont think it will work well...

But maybe Pittman's role will be the same as Teddy Zig Zag during the UYI tour...

But maybe Pittman's role will be the same as Teddy Zig Zag during the UYI tour...

Does that mean we get a harmonica solo?

• Like 1

If Pitman sticks to doing the orchestra stuff of NR, and playing tambourine or just getting drunk off stage I'm fine with it. Seeing his dorky face and stupid keyboard setup on stage next to Slash will certainly suck.

I hope they slow down the tempo of the songs a little, playing more like the studio version, NuGNR played things too fast.

Hopefully there will be only two guitar players.

Hopefully Dizzy on play piano on songs that don't need a piano.

Outside of the first part of Nightrain, I wonder if Slash is cool with Fortus still having a solo spot. Slash is pretty laid back so he probably doesn't care but it'll be interesting to see. A lot is going to change for Richard - not only will be no longer be playing the solos but even stuff like the PC intro will go back to Slash. Richard is a professional so I doubt he'll care but the first show will be very interesting from the guitar front to see how he readjusts his playing with Slash in the fold.

Well I hope its played like Guns N' Roses and not NuGNR. I really don't want the guitar solo duties to be divided. When the legend Slash himself is there, then no one else should play his stuff.

I hope we get the old version of KOHD and a full version of Don't Cry.

When it comes to the GNR sound, Slash and his solo band are awesome in that, they are really talented.

So I hope this sounds like GNR and not nugnr.

• Like 1

Well I hope its played like Guns N' Roses and not NuGNR. I really don't want the guitar solo duties to be divided. When the legend Slash himself is there, then no one else should play his stuff.

I hope we get the old version of KOHD and a full version of Don't Cry.

When it comes to the GNR sound, Slash and his solo band are awesome in that, they are really talented.

So I hope this sounds like GNR and not nugnr.

It is going to sound more like NuGnR.... Pittman drowning out classic guitar parts... Frank being all cute with the rythymns.. And Axl sounding like he does..

This will not be the same as GNR of lately. Why? Because SLASH

Slash will be great

You are still going to have too many people onstage

Axl's current vocals

Frank changing the feel of songs

Pittman drowning out guitar classic guitar parts with synths

wont be the same as NuGnR but pretty damn close

This will not be the same as GNR of lately. Why? Because SLASH

Slash will be great

You are still going to have too many people onstage

Axl's current vocals

Frank changing the feel of songs

Pittman drowning out guitar classic guitar parts with synths

wont be the same as NuGnR but pretty damn close

I'm hoping that during rehearsals Duff and Slash can give Frank a crash course on how to correctly play GNR songs.

I'm also hoping that Pitman's keyboards get lost on the shipment to Coachella.

Edited by TOS--LOA
  • Like 2