Street of Dreams (The Blues)

am I the only one who always think of the "ok, nevermind" that we heard live when listening this song ? It's like "hasta la vista baby" in you could be mine...

Yeah me too. I have that version... He says that then just fires back into song without missing a beat.

am I the only one who always think of the "ok, nevermind" that we heard live when listening this song ? It's like "hasta la vista baby" in you could be mine...

RIR '01 version of "The Blues" was the first one that I got hooked on. Now that we have more crisp versions out there (just in terms of sound quality - not mix, arrangement etc.) I rarely listen to the RIR one anymore. But I have to yell out "ok, nevermind" every time it gets to that part when I'm listening to the final studio version in my car. As far as I'm concerned, its an official lyric :lol: .

Its been a long time since I've gone through 01-02 songs and the leaks, so I don't remember all of the different arrangements that SOD/The Blues had...but I know the 01-02 versions had the distorted guitar(s) and rhythm section come in earlier and harder than the studio version, then quiet back down for the first part of the first verse, then return once again for the duration of the song. Or something along those lines :question: . In terms of arrangement i prefer the 01-02 "The Blues" versions over the current Street of Dreams, but I like the lead guitar licks playing throughout the song in the Chinese Democracy version, which is absent in earlier ones. Overall, I lovvved The Blues when I first heard it back in 2002 (which is when I started getting into Guns, thanks to their VMA performance). I've never heard anything like it before. It had such a cool structure, awesome chord progressions, and Axl crushed it with the lyrics and vocals. I'd love to hear what Slash would do to this song, along with most of the other CD songs, and its still surreal knowing that its a possibility that he will play Axl's material.

*End of Nostalgia Trip

What exactly was Axl saying "ok, nevermind" too?

I love the 2002 version of the song best.
I hope Slash plays it. I'm really interested in hearing that.

Me too. There is this musical noise in the background in this version that I love. I'm not sure what instrument exactly is making the noise. You can hear it in this video @ 1:51 to about 2:01. The sound pops up throughout the song and I really like the affect it adds

He was signaling to one of the tech guys to change something on the in-ear mix during the preceding instrumental, if I remember correctly. They didn't respond in time to have it set before the vocals came back in, so that was him being pissed that they didn't respond faster. I think.

• Like 1

Me too. There is this musical noise in the background in this version that I love. I'm not sure what instrument exactly is making the noise. You can hear it in this video @ 1:51 to about 2:01. The sound pops up throughout the song and I really like the affect it adds

Yikes. Pretty atrocious vocals here. It's clear he hasn't practiced.

• Like 1

Yikes. Pretty atrocious vocals here. It's clear he hasn't practiced.

Yeah for the song I prefer the vocals on the album but I prefer the music on that performance

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma