I wish Steven would just

Go home, learn all uyi and cd songs - and go blow axl away with knowing it all. Instead he says he only wants to play appetite songs. I root for him but I listen to that Eddie trunk interview from September and get real frustrated.

Cant Blame Steven for that one. He just wants to relive the good ole days. He probably doesnt even care that there are other GNR albums beside Appetite

And Lies... And some of Illusions.. I actually personally showed him some songs on Live Era once for the first time that he didn't even know he was on..

Go home, learn all uyi and cd songs - and go blow axl away with knowing it all. Instead he says he only wants to play appetite songs. I root for him but I listen to that Eddie trunk interview from September and get real frustrated.

I just wish Adler would have acted like an adult over the last 7 years. He'd be involved if he didn't trash everyone once a week in the press.

• Like 1

What I find interesting, is that his style is really irreplaceable. I saw him play a few years back, and much like seeing Axl live, it's only one part of the equation for the original, and arguably the best sound of the band. If he truly has his act together these past couple of years, they should include him. They could always drug test his mop if they don't believe him, I suppose.

According to Steven Adler the band ceased being GNR when he left (his words), so why would he learn UYI stuff, let alone CD?

I mean, the man is a complete nutcase if he truly thinks that and is way overstating his own importance to the point where it's actually kind of tragic.

Edited by Towelie

According to Steven Adler the band ceased being GNR when he left (his words), so why would he learn UYI stuff, let alone CD?

I mean, the man is a complete nutcase if he truly thinks that and is way overstating his own importance to the point where it's actually kind of tragic.

Well Izzy pretty much said the same thing back in 92

Well that would make a nutcase too. Steven does have a big mouth and basically credits himself for everything. Both of them have very similar traits.

Since the past 20 years he has been crying for a reunion, so he should be the first one up there, I really don't know why some of you people think he can't play anymore, seriously man check out his band, he is amazing.

Yes, but Izzy was more than just an instrumentalist, he was also a key songwriter and part-time singer. People harp on about how Adler defined the GNR sound, my question to these people is, does this mean that the brilliant UYI albums don't sound like GNR to you?? Have the "real" GNR only made one album and one EP?? Fuck off with that horseshit.

Also, where is this written rule about what makes up the GNR sound?? Does a bands sound have to be defined by their debut album? Bands change, evolve etc. Why should GNR constantly have to feel pressure to sound like Appetite for their rest of their careers?

Yes, but Izzy was more than just an instrumentalist, he was also a key songwriter and part-time singer. People harp on about how Adler defined the GNR sound, my question to these people is, does this mean that the brilliant UYI albums don't sound like GNR to you?? Have the "real" GNR only made one album and one EP?? Fuck off with that horseshit.

Also, where is this written rule about what makes up the GNR sound?? Does a bands sound have to be defined by their debut album? Bands change, evolve etc. Why should GNR constantly have to feel pressure to sound like Appetite for their rest of their careers?

With the UYI the sound was still there and yet different than AFD, mostly because of the balads and keyboards and . When it comes to AFD there is a characteristic drums sound.

I think Padme meant that Izzy also said the band ended after Steven left.

Yes Steven's style was a defining part of the GNR sound, along with what the other's contributed. You'd think Axl would appreciate that, given he's so keen to experiment with beats.

No one is saying they have to sound like Appetite. A band can experiment with a lot, but still have a sound, that's all anyone is saying. GNR had a distinct sound, that could have translated well to other styles of music if they wanted.

Adler brought upon his own problems, blamed everyone else, and spent what? 10 years now whining to anyone that'd give him the time of day about how mean everyone was to him. Personally I'd hate to see him rewarded by getting what he wants.

I also doubt many people are going to be watching Slash play the solo to Sweet Child O'Mine while Axl dances around in the background thinking "it's just not the same without Steven Alder".

• Like 1

Maybe it's brutal but it's true - it's enough to look at Steven and hear him talk for 10 minutes to know that he cannot be a part of any serious undertaking. The man's intellectual level is about that of a 10-year old and Guns N Roses tour is no children's school play.

I don't think he was ever very bright or mature but the drugs and the strokes made him seriously mentally chalanged. He needs to be handled like an unruly, stupid and hysterical kid, who's gonna do that?

Since when do you need a brain cell to be in Guns N' Roses? The only one with any intellectual capacities is Duff.

C'mon, Axl, Slash, Izzy are intelligent people.

This...Axl is said to have a very high IQ, and others seem intelligent also.

But, yes - being in any band doesn't require it ;-)

Since when do you need a brain cell to be in Guns N' Roses? The only one with any intellectual capacities is Duff.

C'mon, Axl, Slash, Izzy are intelligent people.

This...Axl is said to have a very high IQ, and others seem intelligent also.

But, yes - being in any band doesn't require it ;-)

That depends ;) If lyrics are written by a retard, I ain't gonna listen :P

Anyway, with Steven I meant mostly his emotional and general mental state rather than the IQ itself, who's gonna pamper a hysterical cry baby?

I do not think any of them are particularly intelligent, except perhaps Duff. Izzy I know was the only one who graduated so maybe Izzy also. You just have to look at their inane tweets.

Don't mix smartness with intelligence. Duff is smart, he worked out his capacities and used them in intellectual way. It doesn't mean his IQ is higher.

And, I think it is easier to handle Adler than Axl ;-)