I wish Steven would just

I do not think any of them are particularly intelligent, except perhaps Duff. Izzy I know was the only one who graduated so maybe Izzy also. You just have to look at their inane tweets.

Intelligent and educated are two different things. Plus considering what sort of morons get high education these days, it just means nothing. Axl and Slash are intelligent. Same Izzy. Enough to listen to some of the interviews to know that.

Edited by Asia

I do not think any of them are particularly intelligent, except perhaps Duff. Izzy I know was the only one who graduated so maybe Izzy also. You just have to look at their inane tweets.

Don't mix smartness with intelligence. Duff is smart, he worked out his capacities and used them in intellectual way. It doesn't mean his IQ is higher.

And, I think it is easier to handle Adler than Axl ;-)

Adler.jpg

The Band: Sorry you're not invited.

281x211.jpg

Alx-Slash-Izzy-Duff-axl-rose-32362449-12

adlerstoned1.jpg

I kid but this is reality.

Edited by cooker
  • Like 1

My God, are you always so far up your own ass? One of the most arrogant posters I've ever seen on a forum and it takes a lot to top. practically everything you post is so negative or self serving, I just sit here like a few people on this forum and wonder "who the fuck does this guy think he is?".

Being a musician takes brain power, and being smart enough to display your talent & get paid for it is probably the icing on the intellectual cake.

Edited by SlashElvisTCB
  • Like 1

Don't mix smartness with intelligence. Duff is smart, he worked out his capacities and used them in intellectual way. It doesn't mean his IQ is higher.

And, I think it is easier to handle Adler than Axl ;-)

Well... that could be a tough one to decide ;)

My God, are you always so far up your own ass? One of the most arrogant posters I've ever seen on a forum and it takes a lot to top. practically everything you post is so negative or self serving, I just sit here like a few people on this forum and wonder "who the fuck does this guy think he is?".

Being a musician takes brain power, and being smart enough to display your talent & get paid for it is probably the icing on the intellectual cake.

Considering another example of your good judgement believes that ''Guns are far superior to The Stones'', I'm rather glad you think that of me.

• Like 1

I know they locked the thread about Perla's ex-employee saying Izzy wouldn't do it without Steven -- and I understand why it was locked -- but this thread allows me to say: I have a hard time believing it. I know Izzy was against Steven's firing, and he felt Matt couldn't keep the original GnR feel - but he's had 30 years to watch Steven not get a hold of himself, not get his life in order, not conquer his addictions, etc. At one point someone asked him about doing something with Adler and Izzy said "Steven lives a very strange life" or something to that effect. I think Izzy of all people can look at Steven, listen to his inane rants, and know that the guy is in no shape for a tour. I find it hard to believe Izzy would stay out of it for that reason.

• Like 1

Considering another example of your good judgement believes that ''Guns are far superior to The Stones'', I'm rather glad you think that of me.

lol hes not particularly wrong about you though...im not even sure you like Guns N' Roses :lol:

only guy ive even seen you prop up is Izzy. you seem to hate everybody else.

• Like 1

I know they locked the thread about Perla's ex-employee saying Izzy wouldn't do it without Steven -- and I understand why it was locked -- but this thread allows me to say: I have a hard time believing it. I know Izzy was against Steven's firing, and he felt Matt couldn't keep the original GnR feel - but he's had 30 years to watch Steven not get a hold of himself, not get his life in order, not conquer his addictions, etc. At one point someone asked him about doing something with Adler and Izzy said "Steven lives a very strange life" or something to that effect. I think Izzy of all people can look at Steven, listen to his inane rants, and know that the guy is in no shape for a tour. I find it hard to believe Izzy would stay out of it for that reason.

He said Adler lived a confused life, but he's always recognised that Steven was an important element of the band.

GNR without the Popcorn/Duff rhythm section is too 'white' sounding. Steven brought a soulful almost motown like feel to the band with his playing.

There was a groove to Steven era Guns that hasn't been there since. You'd think Axl would appreciate that considering he wants to experiment with beats.

• Like 1

lol hes not particularly wrong about you though...im not even sure you like Guns N' Roses :lol:

Yet weirdly I'm about the only one here who has defended Adler, Sorum and Gilby. Adler has been reduced intellectually to an 'imbecile', has had his drum abilities questioned, is deemed 'expendable', and is believed to be incapable of playing a reunion show - all statements from your nice local gnr forum boys and girls. Sorum is apparently a 'horrible person' and someone who this forum just, ''doesn't like''. Gilby - and this is the grossest insult of all - is considered on the same pedestal as a nugnr hack (come on, you lot could have just called him an arsehole!). And I am the person who hates everybody?

Some fans Guns have there by the way!! You would look in vain to find a similar fan base who would say, ''the drummer on our greatest album is an idiot junkie who does not deserve to be in the band''. Some fans indeed!

• Like 1

Yet weirdly I'm about the only one here who has defended Adler, Sorum and Gilby. Adler has been reduced intellectually to an 'imbecile', has had his drum abilities questioned, is deemed 'expendable', and is believed to be incapable of playing a reunion show - all statements from your nice local gnr forum boys and girls. Sorum is apparently a 'horrible person' and someone who this forum just, ''doesn't like''. Gilby - and this is the grossest insult of all - is considered on the same pedestal as a nugnr hack (come on, you lot could have just called him an arsehole!). And I am the person who hates everybody?

Some fans Guns have there by the way!! You would look in vain to find a similar fan base who would say, ''the drummer on our greatest album is an idiot junkie who does not deserve to be in the band''. Some fans indeed!

While most of your posts make me want to punch my computer monitor or throw my phone out the window (depending on which one I'm using), I have to agree with you about Matt, Steven & Gilby.

I think Steven would have no problem answering the call to drum not one date but all the tour dates!, and I've said this elsewhere in another thread...additionally I've said "If Steven doesn't get to play its because of personal reasons, NOT because of his ability or disability to play". Personally I feel Matt Sorum is the safe choice and one that would be acceptable to most fans, I personally hope he'll be the one for this potential tour though it looks slim that he will. Gilby will be forever known as a Guns N' Roses Guitarist, despite anything he will ever do in his life. I seen a video of him playing lead on Sweet Child with a band and I was baffled he had even attempted that opening iconic riff, he fucked it up so bad, but on the flip side he can probably still do decent rhythm duty and I wouldn't object to him being the rhythm guy. Would I prefer the actual guys who played on Appetite? hell yeah, but the Use Your Illusions tour line up is still acceptable because they were hired when most of the band still was real GNR, not when 1 guy was GNR.

Edited by SlashElvisTCB

GNR without the Popcorn/Duff rhythm section is too 'white' sounding. Steven brought a soulful almost motown like feel to the band with his playing.

This. Izzy was right. Gnr lost that great rhythm sections when Steven left. There is no point going to the trouble of Bringing them all back wfor Coachella ithout getting the feel of the music right and Steven is the only one who can do this. Steven is hugely underrated as a drummer and his role in Gnr. He's been overshadowed by personalities in the media of Axl and Slash and because he was only with them for a few years. Listen to him play the songs at the hall of fame few years ago and his playing style suits Gnr so much better.

Those appetite songs would never have sounded as good without his innate sense of feel and groove. Listen to Led Zep and Fleetwood mac members without Bonham and Mick Fleetwood for example and the music doesn't swing half as much. Great musicians like Jimmy Page for example all know innately and have said that you need a great drummer for a band to be great and to click-the foundation has to be right. They should definitely work out a deal with Steven that he plays on some of the songs at the least. It could be a way of setting boundaries with him like "this your chance Steven to prove you can pull it together so we will bring you out and let you play on a few songs. So he can prove himself wto the guys with regard to not falling back to his old ways of addictions". Then if he gets through it ok at Couchella it looks like he can be trusted to tour.

Edited by Janis

He said Adler lived a confused life, but he's always recognised that Steven was an important element of the band.

And yet just like the others he won't touch Steven with a 100 foot pole for his own projects. Important part of the original sound or not, there is a reality that exists outside of Steven's musical ability that does influence decisions about his inclusion in projects.

• Like 2

agree with you about Steven

he may be a fuck up and might not be the most advanced drummer on the planet but his drumming style did play it's part in GNR's sound

it is rude for people to dismiss him as if he doesn't matter but i think thats just ppl's frustration over him and maybe a bit of Axl homerism

The dude helped create one of the best rock albums of all time and nobody in that band wants to do anything with him. He is such the chillest guy and nobody likes him. That's so shitty and they suck for that.

P.s. Steven is my fav in all of the Celebrity Rehabs

their loss..the afd songs will sound weak without him.