could a reunited skid row

open this summer for gnr? i can guarantee that's what sebastian's thinking.

"Only way a Skid Row Reunion could happen is if we somehow tried2 bury a 20 year hatchet between us. Would love the chance to do so #SitDown"

"To be honest, I have said some super shitty things 2 them. & about them. I would like to apologize for shooting my mouth off @iLikeSamiZayn"

Was gonna start a thread about this but didn't know where. Yeah, Bach really seems to be laying it on thick here. He probably means it, but its always gonna sound a little disingenuous and clearly selfish.

Would be cool to see. I'm not even a Skids fan, but clearly they aren't going anywhere bigger and they all might just have to accept that Skid Row won't really be anyone other than those original 5.

• Like 1

They could be the opening act with a stronger mid level band like A7X going on before GNR. In Stadiums you need a band who can sell tickets on their own and that is still a draw to bump up attendance. A reunited Skid Row,as much as I love them doesn't add sales since anyone who'd come see them would be at the GNR show anyway.

I could see them getting a younger band that falls into more of the hard rock stuff that the rest of the crowd may listen to. A band like Avenged Sevenfold or something.

Eww, I wouldn't be able to stand it.

Then stand in the lobby during them. I don't care for many of the acts being brought up. I'm not big on The Killers,A7X or Slipknot. But you'll need a band that is capable of headlining arenas to bring in a different demographic to these shows. Maybe GNR can sell 40,000 tickets per stadium and one of the aforementioned bands bumps it up to 50,000. It's not going to be Metallica,Foo Fighters,Iron Maiden etc since they would be too big to "open" for GNR. So,even as fantasy bookers/promoters, we must think realistically about who could open the tour and still draw their own fan base out to a stadium.

Harnell leaving so soon was a surprise. You start wondering why they can't keep a vocalist...

Baz and Rob Affuso have both said they'd be interested in a reunion. How many singers are Rachel and Snake going to go through before they get over 20 year old bs? Their creative peak was with Baz and Rob in the band. Maybe they don't care, but their fanbase certainly does. Bach has put out several very good albums since the split, while the brand of Skid Row has put out nothing above mediocre.

Edited by HuskerTornado
  • Like 1

I could see them getting a younger band that falls into more of the hard rock stuff that the rest of the crowd may listen to. A band like Avenged Sevenfold or something.

Eww, I wouldn't be able to stand it.

Then stand in the lobby during them. I don't care for many of the acts being brought up. I'm not big on The Killers,A7X or Slipknot. But you'll need a band that is capable of headlining arenas to bring in a different demographic to these shows. Maybe GNR can sell 40,000 tickets per stadium and one of the aforementioned bands bumps it up to 50,000. It's not going to be Metallica,Foo Fighters,Iron Maiden etc since they would be too big to "open" for GNR. So,even as fantasy bookers/promoters, we must think realistically about who could open the tour and still draw their own fan base out to a stadium.

Fair point.

What's in it for GNR? That brings in zero people that wouldn't already be there.

Come to think of it... who else is left in US that could be a good headliner band.

From his track record Axl has usually chosen bands that were weird or out of the ordinary... soundgarden etc.. He wanted NWA or during 2000s he chose some scratch DJs.

I think A7x or Slipknot would be very cliche. GNR will (IF a reunion tour happens) probably choose some weird rappers or underground bands... probably some international musician who knows.

What's in it for GNR? That brings in zero people that wouldn't already be there.

Come to think of it... who else is left in US that could be a good headliner band.

From his track record Axl has usually chosen bands that were weird or out of the ordinary... soundgarden etc.. He wanted NWA or during 2000s he chose some scratch DJs.

I think A7x or Slipknot would be very cliche. GNR will (IF a reunion tour happens) probably choose some weird rappers or underground bands... probably some international musician who knows.

How about Kool and the Gang? They opened for Van Halen in 2012

Harnell leaving so soon was a surprise. You start wondering why they can't keep a vocalist...

Baz and Rob Affuso have both said they'd be interested in a reunion. How many singers are Rachel and Snake going to go through before they get over 20 year old bs? Their creative peak was with Baz and Rob in the band. Maybe they don't care, but their fanbase certainly does. Bach has put out several very good albums since the split, while the brand of Skid Row has put out nothing above mediocre.

If Rob & Baz came back I'd be excited, but not for one without the other.

I think the point I was trying to make is that I really don't think it will be an older band from their era. It'll make it seem too nostalgic or like they are trying to co headline or something. It'll be a younger, somewhat relevant band or a lesser known for dates or switching off. Probably depends on their confidence on filling out the venues.

Edited by Ak1nney

To be fair, Johnny was with them for 13 years, it's not like they've had a revolving door of lead singers over the last 20 years. I agree though about Sebastian's solo albums blowing away anything Skid Row has done without him. I have witnessed first hand that Rachel gets a big ol' stick up his ass if you even mention Sebastian around him, the others don't seem to get as bothered by it, which leads me to believe that Rachel is the one preventing any reunion.