Guns N`Roses and Hockenheimring, Germany in July,2016?

'BILD is reporting the first Guns N’ Roses 2016 European concert date. According to their sources, Guns N’ Roses will perform in July at the Hockenheim Ring in Hockenheim, Germany.` 7.01.2016

Sources: http://www.alternativenation.net/drummer-confirms-involvement-in-guns-n-roses-reunion/

Build post in German: http://www.bild.de/unterhaltung/musik/guns-n-roses/comeback-auf-dem-hockenheimring-43979138.bild.html

Does anybody have more information on this concert? I found a lot of articles about it but in German. Do we have here any German speaking fans to help us find out more. Thanks

It should be a sure thing. Hopefully we'll get a confirmation soon.

Even if GnR are announced, big question is going to be; who will be playing? As long as it hasnt be confirmed that Duff and Slash are actually back in the band (and not just for Coachella) it could be just the NuGNR picking up after Coachella.

All of these festival rumours for Europe are fine and good, but in terms of paying the band what Coachella is shelling out, which out of the list do you think actually has the millions to front up for such a headline act.

Glastonbury, Download France and Reading/Leeds are the only ones I would've thought that'd be able to shell out those kinds of figures to lock in a reactivated GN'R as a headliner.

All of these festival rumours for Europe are fine and good, but in terms of paying the band what Coachella is shelling out, which out of the list do you think actually has the millions to front up for such a headline act.

Glastonbury, Download France and Reading/Leeds are the only ones I would've thought that'd be able to shell out those kinds of figures to lock in a reactivated GN'R as a headliner.

Well, I think all of them are able to pay it, question is: do they want to? For example, Pinkpop payed 3,5 million EUROS in 2014 to book The Rolling Stones, and other headliners were Arctic Monkeys and Metallica. So I guess if they want to; they can pay it. Rockavaria is fairly new, could be that the organization behind it (DEAG, one of Germany's larger promotors) is willing to invest. They want to compete with Rock am Ring, but last year was a joke. Doubting if Hellfest can pay it, especially since they already have Rammstein and Black Sabbath on the bill, would be great though, as I already have weekend-tickets to Hellfest. Download France is part of the larger Download UK organization, so I guess they can pay it.

I'm a Dutchie, hello everybody (just joined 2 days ago). I can read German.

Anyways, there are a lot of rumours in Europe regarding GnR. Obviously the confirmation of the Coachella shows has led to a lot of speculation on whether GnR will come to Europe, and do festivals and/or arena shows.

Few things:

Glastonbury (UK): Would'nt count on it, not really their m.o. to pay huge bucks for reunions. If GnR were a British band it would perhaps have been a option, but not now. Also, Glasto already had the headliners for this edition booked a while ago.

Download (UK): Already has three headliners

Rock am Ring (Germany): Already has three headliners, but has added an extra day in the past. Wouldnt count on it now. Nobody's gonna pay 3 million bucks to add an extra day to festivalgoers who pay 195€ for four days (festival doesnt do daytickets). You dont need to be a mathematician to see why thats a bad idea.

Reading+Leeds (UK): Possible, but have had bad experiences with NuGNR show (Axl being late, curfew, so show was cut short, obviously got a lot of shit from Axl on that). Also date-wise out of line with current rumours (thats all end may / june / beginning july), R+L is end of August

Pinkpop (Netherlands): Still missing a headliner

Hellfest (France): Still missing a headliner

Download France: First edition this year, and still missing one headliner. Especially interesting this one, could have been that the Download UK peeps just started this festival to be able to book GnR somewhere. Said on Facebook that the headliner will be announced mid January

Rockavaria (Germany): Rumours going on regarding GnR on this festival for quite a while (way before Coachella announcement). Is a starting festival with large organization behind it, and it could use a large band like GnR, as its trying to compete with Rock am Ring, but failed miserably last year. Rumoured to announce something this or next week.

Rock in Rio Portugal: Rumours regarding GnR also going back quite some time.

Reportedly there's also a request filed to host another big event on the Graspop Metal Meeting site in Dessel, Belgium, could easily accomodate 50k+ peeps, AC/DC played there last year. Said to be happening at the end of June.

And then there's other things in the same timespan, but havent read concrete rumours about GnR there: Rock Werchter, Roskilde.

I hope for Pinkpop, Graspop Metal Meeting and Rock Werchter... Would be great. Yes, I'm a Dutchie too.

I'm a Dutchie, hello everybody (just joined 2 days ago). I can read German.

Anyways, there are a lot of rumours in Europe regarding GnR. Obviously the confirmation of the Coachella shows has led to a lot of speculation on whether GnR will come to Europe, and do festivals and/or arena shows.

Few things:

Glastonbury (UK): Would'nt count on it, not really their m.o. to pay huge bucks for reunions. If GnR were a British band it would perhaps have been a option, but not now. Also, Glasto already had the headliners for this edition booked a while ago.

Download (UK): Already has three headliners

Rock am Ring (Germany): Already has three headliners, but has added an extra day in the past. Wouldnt count on it now. Nobody's gonna pay 3 million bucks to add an extra day to festivalgoers who pay 195€ for four days (festival doesnt do daytickets). You dont need to be a mathematician to see why thats a bad idea.

Reading+Leeds (UK): Possible, but have had bad experiences with NuGNR show (Axl being late, curfew, so show was cut short, obviously got a lot of shit from Axl on that). Also date-wise out of line with current rumours (thats all end may / june / beginning july), R+L is end of August

Pinkpop (Netherlands): Still missing a headliner

Hellfest (France): Still missing a headliner

Download France: First edition this year, and still missing one headliner. Especially interesting this one, could have been that the Download UK peeps just started this festival to be able to book GnR somewhere. Said on Facebook that the headliner will be announced mid January

Rockavaria (Germany): Rumours going on regarding GnR on this festival for quite a while (way before Coachella announcement). Is a starting festival with large organization behind it, and it could use a large band like GnR, as its trying to compete with Rock am Ring, but failed miserably last year. Rumoured to announce something this or next week.

Rock in Rio Portugal: Rumours regarding GnR also going back quite some time.

Reportedly there's also a request filed to host another big event on the Graspop Metal Meeting site in Dessel, Belgium, could easily accomodate 50k+ peeps, AC/DC played there last year. Said to be happening at the end of June.

And then there's other things in the same timespan, but havent read concrete rumours about GnR there: Rock Werchter, Roskilde.

I hope for Pinkpop, Graspop Metal Meeting and Rock Werchter... Would be great. Yes, I'm a Dutchie too.

Hoi :) Graspop already has their headliners, so that will probably be a seperate show on the festivalgrounds in Dessel, like AC/DC last year

Rumors about Download France keep growing, which would make me the happiest man on earth.

Hopefully this means Hellfest as well, as they are already sharing a lot of acts between the two festivals.

Edited by LovelessNL

Even if GnR are announced, big question is going to be; who will be playing? As long as it hasnt be confirmed that Duff and Slash are actually back in the band (and not just for Coachella) it could be just the NuGNR picking up after Coachella.

There's no going back now that Slash and Duff are back, could you honestly imagine how it would be received by the public?

There's no going back now that Slash and Duff are back, could you honestly imagine how it would be received by the public?

Yep, but has Axl cared about that before? Really, if this shit blows up I dont think he'll have a problem with taking GnR on the road with Tommy and a new lead guitarist. The fans however...

Yep, but has Axl cared about that before? Really, if this shit blows up I dont think he'll have a problem with taking GnR on the road with Tommy and a new lead guitarist. The fans however...

Let's hope it doesn't come to that

Hoi :) Graspop already has their headliners, so that will probably be a seperate show on the festivalgrounds in Dessel, like AC/DC last year

Let's hope so. I wouldn't mind them returning to Pukkelpop either.

I think they are a bit too expensive for those festivals now, it's just going to be the biggest festivals in Europe. On top of that: everything points to end May / June / first week July now. Pukkelpop is also mid/end August.

Edited by LovelessNL