Slash posted rehearsal photo?

12507688_10153996322437439_6862538858835

This pretty much confirms Frank is the drummer. The drumstick holder has the "Vater Percussion" logo. Frank is sponsored by them, and is the only GNR related drummer to use their sticks.

Brent Fitz uses Vater.
Ah yes, but Duff McKagan uses Gallien Krueger bass amps.

Edit: Just looked it up, and so does Todd Kerns.

Edited by GnRDuff1

CYJ-ygyWMAImGbL.jpgCYJ-2YkWAAAo5IR.png

same room duff rehearsed in last year

If you look closely the hihat stand (or whatever) you can see the same colour shining in it as the franks drumset! LOL.

Yeahh..!!! there is a lamp or something like that

(And my mother in law's name is......Alie .....Serious!)

However... I like it !

Read... a lamp...."OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT"

Lamp ? Something like that ? Alie ? Or some even call it a groupie !

My 3 last words still count:

I like it !

It is awesome to see Axl -Slash and Duff jamming again - we have been waiting 20 years - This is the band of my generation - Frank on drums is cool with me - Richard on Rythmn is cool too and I never liked nu-GNR at all -Frank is a great Drummer and Richard is killer too but to HAVE AXL -SLASH AND DUFF - be jamming again is a dream come true for Gnr fans - I 'm actually interested to see what Frank and Richard bring because to the table - never heard them but a few times and they sounded great great - Slash and Axl are kings of the rock world - kinda reminds me when the band broke when I was teenager its them against the world and I LOVE IT !

Edited by iceman51999
  • Like 3

Hopefully Slash goes back to his UYI tone :headbang:

Yes, please! His jet-engine guitar sound during the UYI tour was... damn, can't express how powerful that was.

Also hoping for this. That tone was the holy grail, totally orgasmic. I'm hoping it's the case since he snapped a photo of his '88 Les Paul, my has that thing aged over the years. I don't think he's toured with that since the 90s.

It is awesome to see Axl -Slash and Duff jamming again - we have been waiting 20 years - This is the band of my generation - Frank on drums is cool with me - Richard on Rythmn is cool too and I never liked nu-GNR at all -Frank is a great Drummer and Richard is killer too but to HAVE AXL -SLASH AND DUFF - be jamming again is a dream come true for Gnr fans - I 'm actually interested to see what Frank and Richard bring because to the table - never heard them but a few times and they sounded great great - Slash and Axl are kings of the rock world - kinda reminds me when the band broke when I was teenager its them against the world and I LOVE IT !

I doubt that Axl was even there.

Also hoping for this. That tone was the holy grail, totally orgasmic. I'm hoping it's the case since he snapped a photo of his '88 Les Paul, my has that thing aged over the years. I don't think he's toured with that since the 90s.

He's playing Slither almost every single night on it.

1598-e1401891357262.jpg

Edited by Ralphelmo

Yes, please! His jet-engine guitar sound during the UYI tour was... damn, can't express how powerful that was.

+1111

Everyone always talks about the appetite tone, but my favourite Slash tone is the UYI era tone, both on the record and especially live.

• Like 1

It's arguably the biggest band reunion of any of our life times and people are scratching their heads why they'd have rehearsal space "so far in advance"? :lol: You people understand how much is riding on this right? Like if they go out to Coachella and stink it up you understand the consequences right? 3 months is nothing. They'll jam, they'll get a fee for each other and YES you can bet your ass they will be tossing ideas around for new songs. There is nothing strange or mysterious about them having this space 3 months out from Coachella.

Exactly! Slash wants them to be tight as shit! They only have 12 weeks to become a force. I like the approach so far.

I agree, that UYI live tone was perfect. The peak was the Tokyo DVD Slash tone. The solo and godfather was perfection.

It's arguably the biggest band reunion of any of our life times and people are scratching their heads why they'd have rehearsal space "so far in advance"? :lol: You people understand how much is riding on this right? Like if they go out to Coachella and stink it up you understand the consequences right? 3 months is nothing. They'll jam, they'll get a fee for each other and YES you can bet your ass they will be tossing ideas around for new songs. There is nothing strange or mysterious about them having this space 3 months out from Coachella.

I'd say Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin were both (far) bigger deals. But aside from that I completely agree that it makes sense to rehearse far in advance. We don't want another VMA 2002, Rock In Rio 2011 or Bridge School. So I'm very happy they're actually rehearsing. Hell, maybe Slash and Duff need to learn some CD song and maybe the other guys need to learn some VR songs (fingers crossed for Fall To Pieces). The only thing that I really sincerely hope is that Axl is rehearsing with them and that it's not just "the band". If you know what I mean. The rehearsal room and the gym is where he needs to be until Coachella.

Rio 2011 and Bridge School had nothing to do with band rehearsals. The failure was completely on Axl who doesn't go to rehearsals. I doubt he will change in that regard. You can only hope that he is practicing a lot on his own to make sure his voice is in decent shape for the gigs. If he sings like he did at Bridge School or Rio 2011 (or the Appetite for Democracy DVD), it won't matter one bit how tight the band is. The whole thing is riding on Axl's voice. Whether he gives a flying fuck, we will find out soon enough.

i'm walking on clouds these last couple of days

the sheer magnitude and importance of initial coachella announcment was difficult enough to take in. that announcment alone made me feel like my brain made a 360° rotation in my head

since then, the little bits of information keep coming on a daily basis. i see slash posting guitar pics, izzy rumored to be involved, maybe steven. Axl posting funny stuff like the taco bell randomness.

i have to pinch myself here. is this all happening?

my whole conscious musical life i have been wanting a reunion. GNR was the first band i was into, but they had already broken up by then. since then the musical industry has bloated like a balloon, with lousy music trolling my life.

just thinking of the first reunion show, makes me smile like an idiot. to hear slash's guitar crashing in, seeing axl on the same stage. duff being there....steven popping up.... the crowd going absolutely bonkers....that's too much fucking excitement.

• Like 1

Dunno why but I find it the closest thing to the UYI tone in years now. Maybe because he's playing on somebody else's gear?

https://youtu.be/xUYW7xBeuQc?t=3m

Nice solo but I think he plays on his own equipment.

I read they were rehearsing Axl, Slash, Duff and Sorum, I was going to ask about it if it was legit, but I haven't had a thread not merged in the past year. Pissed the wrong person off, I guess.

Maybe it was legit. I thought it was false because of Sorum, I hadn't see he had joined.

Nice solo but I think he plays on his own equipment.

Nah, Jacob Bunton said in an interview that Slash just came to the studio, picked up the other guy's guitar and played the solo. And before that he went to the wrong house, imagine the face of a neighbour :D

Edited by Ralphelmo