Describe marijuana in your own eyes.

Snake-Pit

i am for it as well but once it happens ( and i'm sure it will one day ) i am sure that here in the US they will tax it outrageously as is done for alcohol and cigarettes. the good thing is it will be regulated so there's nothing in it like the things some dealers put in theirs or do to theirs that can make it dangerous. for example when i smoked years and years ago some dealers i knew would take sub par weed it and bury it in the ground so it grew mold on it ( thus making it supposedly stronger, not sure why. ) but not healthy to smoke it like that i am sure. so yes i have no problem with legalzing it. i am not an expert on all the states that have legalized it but i do know Colorado is one. some people who don't quite think it out think it's ok to bring their legal in Colorado weed with them when they travel to states like Nevada where it is not legal. 

8 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Honestly, i think all drugs should be legal because it's a human choice thing.  Even heroin.  Funnily enough junkies actually live a fucking good long while, it ain't a killer as such (unless you OD...but again thats about greed, people chasing a higher high), give a junkie clean heroin and needles and the bastard will go on forever.  Like those old Afghan opium eaters that are like 90 years old.  William S Burroughs, the greatest junkie of em lived until his 70s.  Same with coke, a lot of what fucks people up on coke is the shit people cut it with, talcum powder and procaine and canderel and all kindsa bullshit, thats where all that nosebleed shit comes from, proper coke, pharmacetucial coke, it's a totally different feel, it's even a totally different colour, it's like an off yellow colour. 

I don't think they should be promoted, i don't think they should be sold un-regulated, i think people should be well informed about em but ultimately the freedom should lie with the individual. 

i agree to a point. i don't think i'd like PCP legalized because that just makes people crazy and that might affect me adversely :P 

but really i am so sick of people who are abusing drugs and making it harder for people like me who really need some drugs for pain. i have at least three disintegrating disks in my back and without painkillers my quality of life would suck worse than it already does. i go to get drug tested and i never fail them because i take them as prescribed. but it still irks me to think i am having to go and do this because of all those who are abusing them. if i could take ibuprofen for my back pain i would but i have another health issue that makes it impossible. it worked better than anything for me. 

as far as weed for pain it's never worked for me. the best for me was to get absolutely drunk but because of said health issue i can't drink that much anymore. and i can't handle the hangovers now anyway!

I'm every day smoker, and am also fascinated with how THC affects consciousness.

This article is the only thing I've ever found that really accurately describes how being high 'feels' and why it 'feels' that way, from a perspective what the drug does and how we are interpreting it in our consciousness.

I think you'll like it Snake Pit, its pretty heavy stuff

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/hemp/general/mjeff1.htm

You either have to be stoned or really into consciousness to trudge through that, so here's a very very very dumbed down summary:

Marijuana shifts the 'focus' part of your brain more towards your five senses in an immediate sense, and less on past experience, memories, and socially acquired knowledge.

For example, our sense of how time passes is entirely based on memories, experience, and how we measure time in a societal sense(hours minutes and seconds). When high you lose the societal expectation of time, and are just experiencing stimuli, which causes a distorted perception of time while high

Edited by Dan H.
  • Like 2

On 1/10/2016 at 4:13 AM, Snake-Pit said:

I'm going to Amsterdam :D

Might even be bothered to try this, this time..

tumblr_nub0ttfrnH1u4hugco1_1280.jpg

Gosh that post about ice cream got me excited.

I tried this, like 3 euros 50 and it was great, gets you stoned, bought it in a tourist shop in the Red Light District one afternoon when I was there in June; It was a happy high coupled with feeling like a kid again 'on holiday' eating an ice cream on a sunny day... I saw it for sale everywhere (it was around for sale, pre wrapped in it's own refrigerator (as pictured here) as well as many other tourists including the occasion fellow 'stoner tourist' (not from my group/party I went with from England), but I was the only one I saw eating one/trying this product.

After the initial shock of flavour to the palate of the weed ice cream, it was alright. :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

I love it personally, just dont have the time so much anymore, tend to restrict it to weekends.  Paranoia dont bother me because you always kinda know thats its the drug doing it, its like when you do acid, the difference between a guy who tries to fly by jumping out of the window is that little voice in the sane ones head going 'chill out, its the drug doing it'.  

I resent the implication that booze makes you a wife beater, being a cunt makes you a wife beater, the fact that it exposes a human propensity is not its fault, its the human races.

Yeah but from my experience if a person is a cunt he is more likely to beat his wife after drinking large quantities of alcohol than smoking a lot of ganja..................:shrugs:

11 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

Yeah but from my experience if a person is a cunt he is more likely to beat his wife after drinking large quantities of alcohol than smoking a lot of ganja..................:shrugs:

I dont think it makes a difference, neither makes you a wife beater, its the old thing of booze making you aggressive and weed chilling you out...but then how many gang members in this world are killers and also smoke weed?  Is it the weed doing it, fuck no, anymore than its the booze doing it in those instances.  A persons psychological propensity to deal with things using violence has nothing to do with either booze or weed. 

Just now, Len B'stard said:

I dont think it makes a difference, neither makes you a wife beater, its the old thing of booze making you aggressive and weed chilling you out...but then how many gang members in this world are killers and also smoke weed?  Is it the weed doing it, fuck no, anymore than its the booze doing it in those instances.  A persons psychological propensity to deal with things using violence has nothing to do with either booze or weed. 

I agree it depends on a persons mental makeup but for the average person, in my experience, alcohol does tend to bring out the demons, if they have a predisposition for such behavior,  while ganja tends to mellow them out.......not in every case as you pointed out.

Again just my personal observations from my single days when I used to drink and smoke to excess I know people who were complete assholes when they drank but were the mellowest people when they smoked 

As you said it is the person not the drug but they do tend to have different effects on people IMHO.....

2 hours ago, Snake-Pit said:

I tried this, like 3 euros 50 and it was great, gets you stoned, bought it in a tourist shop in the Red Light District one afternoon when I was there in June; It was a happy high coupled with feeling like a kid again 'on holiday' eating an ice cream on a sunny day... I saw it for sale everywhere (it was around for sale, pre wrapped in it's own refrigerator (as pictured here) as well as many other tourists including the occasion fellow 'stoner tourist' (not from my group/party I went with from England), but I was the only one I saw eating one/trying this product.

After the initial shock of flavour to the palate of the weed ice cream, it was alright. :) 

one of our warning ads here on TV shows weed then vs now. the now weed shows it in various forms of food; cookies, candy, cupcakes etc. my question as someone who hasn't smoked since 2001 is does today's weed really get you THAT stoned in edible form? i have had pot brownies and cookies and such and never got even one iota bit high :question:

Just now, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

one of our warning ads here on TV shows weed then vs now. the now weed shows it in various forms of food; cookies, candy, cupcakes etc. my question as someone who hasn't smoked since 2001 is does today's weed really get you THAT stoned in edible form? i have had pot brownies and cookies and such and never got even one iota bit high :question:

Space cake and weed ice cream are the only times I've ever eaten it; Space cake is a sensual high where 'dude my hands are huge' noticing shit (great for long 10 hour coach journeys through Europe); Weed ice cream was a 'happy/giggly' high; plus, you'know, it was ice cream; so you're all happy giggly for 10 minutes/20 minutes 'buzzin'...

The space cake lasts a little while, like hours of feeling it, while the weed ice cream high wears off after about 20 minutes..

• Like 1

Just now, Snake-Pit said:

Space cake and weed ice cream are the only times I've ever eaten it; Space cake is a sensual high where 'dude my hands are huge' noticing shit (great for long 10 hour coach journeys through Europe); Weed ice cream was a 'happy/giggly' high; plus, you'know, it was ice cream; so you're all happy giggly for 10 minutes/20 minutes 'buzzin'...

The space cake lasts a little while, like hours of feeling it, while the weed ice cream high wears off after about 20 minutes..

omg the first time i ever got high i was baby sitting ( yeah not cool but oh well ). i had smoked before, my older brother introduced me to joints but it never "took". but i got this cute little deer horn pipe and smoked several bowls before i went to the baby sitting gig. as soon as the parents left ( kids already in bed thank God ) i went into the bathroom and was moving my hands around in front of the mirror. i swear i saw trails!

1 hour ago, classicrawker said:

I don't think the choice of drug is the thing. I have been with violent stoners and docile drinkers.. I think it has to do with the situations in play that set them off.. The alcohol and pot just influence whether the punch lands as well as when the idiot is straight.

• Like 1

On January 7, 2016 at 10:35 PM, Snake-Pit said:

It's a perishable commodity and socially accepted. (No one ever said the ghetto was a place to raise your children). (Among other things, the ghetto's full of dumb logics like that one)!

Marijuana does border along economic plans too.

It's still illegal

But that's my world :)...

What about yours.

Even if marijuana is absent and you look upon me like you're looking upon a cockroach when you read this, how is marijuana regarded in your world? (be honest).

I have seen lives ruined by pot. Not so much because of the drug, but because of the laws related to the drug.

I don't see much wrong with pot. I don't smoke it much. It makes me laugh, eat and then sleep. I actually do use it once in a while when my really bad insomnia hits..  I like it better than my Adivan that I was using when I got anxiety attacks a couple of years ago.  Usually helps. Problem is I don't often know where to get it.

I guess Trudeau is going to legalize it. We'll see.  It certainly is ridiculous that it is still somewhat illegal in Ontario.

• Like 1

Just now, Orsys said:

I have seen lives ruined by pot. Not so much because of the drug, but because of the laws related to the drug.

I don't see much wrong with pot. I don't smoke it much. It makes me laugh, eat and then sleep. I actually do use it once in a while when my really bad insomnia hits..  I like it better than my Adivan that I was using when I got anxiety attacks a couple of years ago.  Usually helps. Problem is I don't often know where to get it.

I guess Trudeau is going to legalize it. We'll see.  It certainly is ridiculous that it is still somewhat illegal in Ontario.

13267312_1570921986539338_1963141077_n.j

ah man my first time was a trip :lol: it ratcheted up a nasty case of anxiety for me. we were going down the back streets smoking a blunt, when we got back on the main drag i started feeling it im like then in a split second it just smacked the hell outta me and i was high as fuck lmao...i didn't handle it well at all and ruined the day for the person i smoked with

im pro-weed though and don't really see how its any worse than alcohol. its actually better really. im not sure its the perfect drug for me though. i need something thats gonna liven my ass up. i need to get my hands on some quality MDMA. i'd also like to try quaaludes...WOWS made them look pretty awesome. 

Edited by -W.A.R-

4 hours ago, Orsys said:

I don't think the choice of drug is the thing. I have been with violent stoners and docile drinkers.. I think it has to do with the situations in play that set them off.. The alcohol and pot just influence whether the punch lands as well as when the idiot is straight.

And I have to respectfully disagree with you and Lenny as alcohol and ganja do not have the same effect on everyone. In general I have found alcohol to bring out the asshole in people while ganja generally had the opposite effect. As with anything this is not an absolute as everyone is different  but that has been my experience......go google the diffence between the two for inciting violence as studies support my claim

Edited by classicrawker
  • Like 1

And I have to respectfully disagree with you and Lenny as alcohol and ganja do not have the same effect on everyone.

Which is exactly my point.  You can google whatever you like but the fact is it's common sense.  People that do violent shit are violent people.  They have a propensity for it, how many violent offenders in prison smoke weed?  As previously stated how many gangbangers that do drive bys smoke weed?  How many people in countries in south east asia or the middle east where alcohol is not readily available but weed is plentiful do some evil fuckin' violent shit, against men, women, children?  It's just this old hippie stereotype that you smoke weed and you're all chilled out etc etc but quite frankly this drug has existed long before its becoming popularised in the west and there is no weight of fact behind the idea that it makes you nice or chilled out if you're not that way inclined already.  Almost every dodgy violent street cunt i know smokes a shitload of weed.  As for alcohol, I agree it gives people a certain kinda courage or loosens inhibitions to where you might be inclined to act out certain things that you wouldn't in a sober state but the fact in those propensities have to pre-exist in you for them to emerge in a drunken state and they are no less likely to come across whilst smoking weed.

Men react (though not exclusively) with violence when something in their sense of their own masculinity is challenged, its a type of insecurity, its a button you push and no amount of weed or alcohol or even sobriety will make a difference if you go there with a truly violent person.  You almost absolve people of wrongdoing by assigning the blame to a drug.

All they are is altered states and the only reason why a certain demographic respond a certain way is because of conditioning.  For example, the first time you smoked weed you probably did it with all the stereotypes of weed in your head, am i right?  Meaning you were expecting it to chill you out?  You're kinda waiting for it to do that so then when the buzz comes on you just associate it with being chilled out...or lazy.  And booze, again, the times you do it you do it when you're out to have a good time and party etc etc, go mad, have a laugh, get hype, so thats what it is associated with and you're kinda waiting for it to do that but quite frankly the drink can chill you out just as much as weed can and weed can make you a mean angry cunt just as much as the drink can, it's all about whats going on with you upstairs.  In other parts of the world, where these associations aren't assigned to the drugs in questions they respond differently but it's all about your approach and who you are as a person and whats going on upstairs. 

Edited by Len B'stard

9 hours ago, classicrawker said:

And I have to respectfully disagree with you and Lenny as alcohol and ganja do not have the same effect on everyone. In general I have found alcohol to bring out the asshole in people while ganja generally had the opposite effect. As with anything this is not an absolute as everyone is different  but that has been my experience......go google the diffence between the two for inciting violence as studies support my claim

I wonder how prone to violence these folks are when they are straight?. In my own experience, which for me is the tried and true study, being stoners didn't stop a person prone to violence from becoming violent.. It goes so much deeper, to triggers and upbringing and mental stability.. 

18 minutes ago, Orsys said:

I wonder how prone to violence these folks are when they are straight?. In my own experience, which for me is the tried and true study, being stoners didn't stop a person prone to violence from becoming violent.. It goes so much deeper, to triggers and upbringing and mental stability.. 

On a side note, you're a bit of a gangster on the sly aint ya, smoking weed and all that, you bad bad girl :lol:. Always thought of you as a straight laced sort of person, always the fuckin' quite ones you gotta watch out for :lol:

3 hours ago, username said:

I still hate all you shitty drug-tourists. I also hate the fuss people make about this shit like it's the rest in the world. Horribly overrated product. 

Well if legalization keeps  progressing here in the States hopefully in 10 years you won't have to worry about us Yanks coming over for a smoke as we will just be able to drive to our local neighborhood Ganja Mart..............:lol:

• Like 4