Describe marijuana in your own eyes.

Snake-Pit

1 hour ago, classicrawker said:

Well if legalization keeps  progressing here in the States hopefully in 10 years you won't have to worry about us Yanks coming over for a smoke as we will just be able to drive to our local neighborhood Ganja Mart..............:lol:

LOL @Ganja Mart! you should probably trademark that ASAP :P

20 hours ago, Orsys said:

I have seen lives ruined by pot. Not so much because of the drug, but because of the laws related to the drug.

I don't see much wrong with pot. I don't smoke it much. It makes me laugh, eat and then sleep. I actually do use it once in a while when my really bad insomnia hits..  I like it better than my Adivan that I was using when I got anxiety attacks a couple of years ago.  Usually helps. Problem is I don't often know where to get it.

I guess Trudeau is going to legalize it. We'll see.  It certainly is ridiculous that it is still somewhat illegal in Ontario.

it would not work for my panic attacks :( it would make me paranoid and then that would exacerbate them. it would make me sleepy eventually though!

Used to smoke it way too much for way too long.Pretty much stopped completely once my first son was born 15 years ago.Smoke it occasionally maybe 5 times a year.The other night at the Guns concert just a few hits off a j but the wake and bake days are long gone .I was a stoner for 15 years,I believe you miss out on so much off what life has to offer if u abuse it like I did .

On 20/08/2016 at 7:36 AM, Len B'stard said:

On a side note, you're a bit of a gangster on the sly aint ya, smoking weed and all that, you bad bad girl :lol:. Always thought of you as a straight laced sort of person, always the fuckin' quite ones you gotta watch out for :lol:

That's me.  Always livin' on the edge.  Never know what crazy thing I'm doing next.  Don't fall in love with me, cause I'll just break your hearts.

Okay, gotta go hang laundry...

On 20/08/2016 at 1:35 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

it would not work for my panic attacks :( it would make me paranoid and then that would exacerbate them. it would make me sleepy eventually though!

No, never worked for panic attacks. It's actually one of the reasons I would smoke it for insomnia, to avoid that period of paranoia and just go to sleep. 

• Like 2

On 20/08/2016 at 9:04 AM, username said:

I still hate all you shitty drug-tourists. I also hate the fuss people make about this shit like it's the rest in the world. Horribly overrated product. 

All of my family lives in Holland and feel pretty much the same way.  

• Like 1

I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would get on an aeroplane and go to Holland just to smoke weed. If haven't smoked in about 5 years but I know I could have some in my pocket within a day or two if i wanted so it's not hard to find. Look username doesn't want you there stinking the place up you scruffy hippies they only just got rid of Snakepit so just stick to the park or your own house.

• Like 2

On 20 augustus 2016 at 3:04 PM, username said:

I still hate all you shitty drug-tourists. I also hate the fuss people make about this shit like it's the rest in the world. Horribly overrated product. 

See, I am not the only one with this opinion??. So this!!!!

15 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would get on an aeroplane and go to Holland just to smoke weed. If haven't smoked in about 5 years but I know I could have some in my pocket within a day or two if i wanted so it's not hard to find. Look username doesn't want you there stinking the place up you scruffy hippies they only just got rid of Snakepit so just stick to the park or your own house.

Exactly!?

Besides they mainly go to my city. It still annoys me, when people don't go watch Rembrandt's or Van Gogh's paintings, but do see the coffeeshops':facepalm: . We have so much to offer, in a way I find it offensive.

I actually don't dislike weed. I have no problem people using it once in a while. I once even worked in a coffeeshop, but didn't smoke myself. My best friend gets it for free from her doctor's cause she is suffering from a nerve disease. I use drops without the THC also against pain, so I don't get high by it. So the product has a lot of good things to offer. I personally don't like getting high, it makes me eat and sleep. Don't see the fun in that. I rather drink a good glass of wine or cognac personally. But don't care if somebody smokes it at times. However people who smoke it daily or multiple times a day often annoy me. But that comes from personal experience with people. The weed in my country has so much THC, it often does give problems in the long run. 

I also hate the fuss about it, just as Username. If I go to a concert, a lot of times the artist/band is stoned out of his mind. Bragging about visiting a coffeeshop, while we role our eyes and think 'goddammit, hope he can still give a good show'. It's not interesting or cool here, actually it might be the opposite.

Edited by MB.

I think he is just sick of lazy affiliation and cultural stereotyping (the Dutch with weed). Admittedly, whenever somebody mentions the Dutch or I'm watching the Dutch in sport, there is usually a moment where I put on a Dutch accent and mimic in the air the smoking of a joint.

PS

I'm drying my plant out and my bedroom smells like Jerry Garcia's Volkswagen bus. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

On 8/20/2016 at 0:22 PM, classicrawker said:

Well if legalization keeps  progressing here in the States hopefully in 10 years you won't have to worry about us Yanks coming over for a smoke as we will just be able to drive to our local neighborhood Ganja Mart..............:lol:

hopefully massachusetts does their part this november. NH had it and the governor fucking vetoed it. vermont and maine are close as well. colorado is insane, and the amount of stuff you can buy is endless.

as for the topic the best thing about weed IMO is listening to music while high.

• Like 1

On 21 August 2016 at 9:59 PM, spunko12345 said:

I agree, what the fuck you wanna go to Amsterdam over weed, you can buy it here, easy as you fuckin like, theres types of booze its harder to get in town than picking up a draw, other than that what else, you can pretty much smoke it openly here too, what the fuck you wanna go over to a foreign country just for the sake of weed for?

Edited by Len B'stard

21 hours ago, Ace Spade said:

So you guys hate people that come and spend their money in your city, supporting local businesses that employ thousands of citizens including yourself, because you don't like pot?

Yes and lol!

It's like saying London is depending on the tourists visiting their pubs!

We are not only living from drugtourism you know. That's just a very small percentage, lol. We do have normal tourists and the city is working hard to get mainly those. We also have many people from within Holland visiting the city for shops or the museums. Amsterdam is mostly living from the business as well. It's an international business centre.

Lol, drugtourists don't spend that much money, except in the coffeeshops in the centre ofcourse. They are certainly not spending lots of money in shops etc. Yeah maybe to buy a waterpipe or hagelslag:lol:. I worked (loooong time ago) in a coffeeshop outside the centre, not that many tourists there. Locals also smoke pot, big shocker I know. Anyway I don't mind tourists smoking weed, as long as that's not the only thing, they are interested in. So yeah, drugstourism is not wanted by us. It's only wanted by the few hotels, coffeeshops and hookers in the red light district. A part of town, the city is working hard on to clean up! But tourists in general is wanted and if they smoke some weed fine, as long as they behave and not coming only for that.

So we do want tourists, just not 'out of window jumping' drugstourists. I take a busload of Chinese over a drugtourists anytime. They spend a whole lot of money and do visit the museums. Good thing, we are getting more and more of those.

Edited by MB.

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

My cannabis is basically ready. I got a surprisingly large amount of buds considering our summer was non-existent. First attempt also. Not too bad.

What do you plan on doing with them now? You could do a swap with snakes for a crate of hagglslag.

On 2016-08-24 at 6:58 PM, Ace Spade said:

Here in Canada, the government is going legalize it next year. I wonder if the "drug tourists" will come here next?

Then again, so many of us Canadians are stoners that we might even notice them anyway eh! :lol:

Are you on the east coast? In Victoria and Vancouver it seems like there's dispensaries every on other block and if you don't have a medical card, some places will just accept your driver's license as ID :lol: I'm not sure how many 'drug tourists' would come to BC though... why come here when you can go to Washington?

On a side note, I suffered a great tragedy earlier this week, and smashed the bong I'd had for like 5 years. So I went out and got a new one (pretty similar, little smaller) and it's awesome, I was worried it wouldn't be as smooth or something (in all the houses I've lived in and of all the bongs I'd used, my last one was the best in each house by far), but it's great. I think I'm gonna go try it out again now actually :D

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Are you on the east coast? In Victoria and Vancouver it seems like there's dispensaries every on other block and if you don't have a medical card, some places will just accept your driver's license as ID :lol: I'm not sure how many 'drug tourists' would come to BC though... why come here when you can go to Washington?

On a side note, I suffered a great tragedy earlier this week, and smashed the bong I'd had for like 5 years. So I went out and got a new one (pretty similar, little smaller) and it's awesome, I was worried it wouldn't be as smooth or something (in all the houses I've lived in and of all the bongs I'd used, my last one was the best in each house by far), but it's great. I think I'm gonna go try it out again now actually :D

Yeah, I'm in Ontario. We've got the medical dispensaries all over here too. However, the police have decided to carry out raids on quite a few of them recently in Toronto. You'd think that they'd have better things to do with their time and resources considering all the shootings and unsolved murders they still have.:shrugs:

I'm sorry for your loss. 5 years is a long time for a bong.  Although I'm glad your replacement is working out for you! :lol:

• Like 1

Used to love it, but I had to kill it. 

Seriously, I was a regular pothead between 17 and 28ish, eh, but it grew to be a real bore. I was tired of living in a haze. It no longer affected me the same way. I no longer get a kick out of it and very seldom get the desire for some these days. I prefer a slight alcohol buzz at this time. 

I don't have any problems with anyone else doing it. I'm for legalization countrywide in the U.S. I just personally have no use for it anymore. 

11 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I don't know? I'm more a five pints of bitter man personally. I was growing it to see if I could.

Yessss!!  Go on my son!  Now add at least another 3 pints to that and you're doing alright!  Not enough people drink bitter anymore, personally i think thats whats wrong with this country at the moment.

What you gonna do with the gear then?  Can you roll, if so have some, I'd be interested to know what you think.

EDIT: sorry, you've answered that question up there!

6 hours ago, Ace Spade said:

Yeah, I'm in Ontario. We've got the medical dispensaries all over here too. However, the police have decided to carry out raids on quite a few of them recently in Toronto. You'd think that they'd have better things to do with their time and resources considering all the shootings and unsolved murders they still have.:shrugs:

I'm sorry for your loss. 5 years is a long time for a bong.  Although I'm glad your replacement is working out for you! :lol:

I never got one with bongs, I'm much more a spliff sort of person.

Edited by Len B'stard

15 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Yessss!!  Go on my son!  Now add at least another 3 pints to that and you're doing alright!  Not enough people drink bitter anymore, personally i think thats whats wrong with this country at the moment.

Personally I've always said that if you drink stout and bitter then that's how you'll end up. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Personally I've always said that if you drink stout and bitter then that's how you'll end up. 

That is the stereotype yes but if you live a reasonably active life and dont eat like a fucking cunt (an eating cunt, there's a mental image for ya!) you'll do alright :lol:. A lot of the builder mates I've got drink like fishes but they aint fat as fuck. Truth is these day we're just over-fed, we eat like its a fuckin sport, everyones a fuckin' foodie.

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1