Ultimate Classic Rock on Fortus, Dizzy, Frank and Pittman. responses

Watch as the tickets sell out in 0.5 seconds regardless of a vocal minority.

THIS!

yeah, a lot of people miss Izzy and Adler, but a lot of people will be curious and ends up in one of the shows....

the only thing that could really fucked up this reunion is Axl's voice... most of my random friends whom saw the articles about the reunion repeatedly post the Axl Rose disasters or one of the fataxl meme's...

Lot of them only started paid attention to Axl recently again after 10-12 years

Seems like the crucial point is not izzy or adler,but Axl's image and voice...

Edited by Strange Broue

THIS!

yeah, a lot of people miss Izzy and Adler, but a lot of people will be curious and ends up in one of the shows....

the only thing that could really fucked up this reunion is Axl's voice... most of my random friends whom saw the articles about the reunion repeatedly post the Axl Rose disasters or one of the fataxl meme's...

It good definitely work without Adler and Izzy. It would be incredible with them though and I would argue they are more important than Duff...

The major issues I see are

Axl's voice - Hoping for the best

Franks Drumming - Maybe Slash and Duff can teach him how the songs are supposed to be played.

Pittman - He kills the spirit of great rock songs..

Then you look at the stage with 7 or 8 guys running around.. Most of which weren't even on any of the classic Guns albums.. Circus..

THIS!

It good definitely work without Adler and Izzy. It would be incredible with them though and I would argue they are more important than Duff...

The major issues I see are

Axl's voice - Hoping for the best

Franks Drumming - Maybe Slash and Duff can teach him how the songs are supposed to be played.

Pittman - He kills the spirit of great rock songs..

Then you look at the stage with 7 or 8 guys running around.. Most of which weren't even on any of the classic Guns albums.. Circus..

Frank's drumming is just fine, i would say he plays with more groove than Matt. Of course that the Brownstone intro was played correctly when Steven was in the band, but the majority of songs Frank's drumming is ok. Brent Fitz could be a better choice, but that's not on the table.... I don't think that masses could go home if they hear Frank's playing,lol

Pittman is pretty much inaudible, so who cares? I've only hear complaints about him in the forums. Maybe because the rest of the world doesn't give a shit about him, he is just another dude on the stage, nobody cares

The UYI tour was a circus too and people liked it...

Edited by Strange Broue

I agree that people need to stop bitching and complaining. This is fantastic news, I never thought that Slash and Axl would be onstage again. I lost all hope after the Rock n Roll hall of fame debacle. What people fail to understand is that this group have always been dis functional and a revolving door of musicians. It's the way it was and its now going to be that way again. I have followed this band from the start and was excited as hell to see them in 1992 without Izzy and I'll be excited to see them now without him. I'd prefer he's there, but I honestly believe it's his choice not to be. We all know he and Axl were on good terms way before he and Duff were. It stands to reason that he still is. Izzy has always been reclusive, even more than Axl. Let's just see where this goes. I would think Izzy and Steven would show up and make some appearances, that's good enough for me. Let's just hope this whole thing doesn't blow up and they can actually get along and make some new music. It's time for all us fans who have been putting up with all this distinctionality for decades to sit back, relax and enjoy.

Well, boo hoo...

It's gonna be Axl, Slash and Duff on the same stage first time since 1993. If you're not satisfied with that, stay home. Simple as that. This re-grouping is a dream come true, from a fan's point of view. In my opinion anyway. I mean, who would have thought it would ever happen? And yet, people are still bitching? I don't care about that kind of negativity.

Of course everybody are entitled to their opinions, but... I don't know. It's easy to bitch about things on the internet. People should be more positive.

That is the point.. A lot of people are staying home and it isn't a dream come true for most people.. This thing could have been huge..I am a fan.. I have been waiting for 23 years to see Guns N' Roses again.. This isn't it.. This still resembles NuGnR more than anything esle... It will also sound more like NuGnR than than anything else..

I don't think has to be the original 5 or bust but to have the original members outnumbered onstage just doesn't work.. Chris Pittman.. Just doesn't work... And unless Frank sucks it up and plays the songs like they should be played.. He doesn't work..

You can bet your ass over half the people bitching on FB and the rest of the net will be the first ones trying to score themselves tickets. People are just stupid , they bitch for the sake of just having SOMETHING to bitch about.

• Like 1

People will be showing up to these shows regardless. Especially if they do this in the summer, that's the easiest time to get crowds.

Also, anything that gets broadcast professionally that will end up on youtube needs to be top notch performances by Axl and the band. That will sell the tickets to any doubters.

For all the people that say no one outside this board cares who is in the band aside from Axl and Slash.. Here are all the comments from the Ultimate Classic Rock article on who the rest of the band is. Copied from facebook and I didn't cherry pick replies.

Anyting other than the five above-mentioned musicians will come as a disappointment, and something I would never pay to see. The five originals- no more, no less...that's what I'll pay my hard-earned money for.
Like · Reply · 60 · 18 hrs
17 Replies · 11 hrs
Mike McFarland
Mike McFarland This is NOT Guns n' Roses and it's why I gave up on these guys a long time ago ... everything Axl Rose is involved in is a farce. He WILL manage to f#%k this up too. I saw the original lineup in 1987 and 1988 and I'm glad I did, but I wouldn't spend a dime on them anymore, because it would just lead to another disappointment.
Like · Reply · 17 · 18 hrs
8 Replies
Brent Strawder
Brent Strawder So, let me see if I got this right, some former members of Guns and Roses will be playing at Coachella with the Axl Rose Band. Yeah? Ok.....thanks???
Like · Reply · 7 · 16 hrs
1 Reply
William Petrovic
William Petrovic Izzy cowrote almost all of AFD, and the best material on Use your Illusion; You Could Be Mine, Don't Cry. Patience was 100% his song. After he left, the songwriting just straight out went into a nosedive. I could care less about a show consisting of...See More
Like · Reply · 6 · 17 hrs
3 Replies
Michael McDill
Michael McDill What bullshit, that is not a fucking reunion then is it? Original line up or nothing. Why doesn't Axl just tour with Slash's band?
Like · Reply · 2 · 9 hrs
Michael Rowledge
Michael Rowledge But What does "Gene Simmons" think about the Guns N Roses reunion lineup ?
Like · Reply · 9 · 18 hrs
4 Replies
Karina N. O'Rourke
Karina N. O'Rourke I would have loved a classic lineup, but Richard Fortus is still a wicked guitarist. It's not like they can just force Izzy to participate.
Like · Reply · 4 · 17 hrs
1 Reply
Theron Maijala
Theron Maijala Who cares who's playing rhythm guitar and drums on tour? It would be nice to see the original 5 but that's not the world we live in. If/when it comes to writing it better include Izzy because he cowrote everything they did that the fans love. Drumming?...See More
Like · Reply · 3 · 18 hrs
2 Replies
Stephen Puco
Stephen Puco if the original crew is not there, then its just a guns and roses cover band
Like · Reply · 8 · 18 hrs
10 Replies
Christopher M. Dickson
Christopher M. Dickson No offense to the musicians mentioned, but I won't be spending money to go see that version of Guns
Like · Reply · 2 · 17 hrs
Terry Von
Terry Von If Izzy Stradlin & Steven Adler join, even at least at some capacity.. then I'll be fucking ecstatic.
Having said that: Axl is known for a lot of things, one of them being an actually cool boss (especially when he feels safe, apparently). None of his ...See More
Like · Reply · 5 · 17 hrs · Edited
1 Reply
Juan Beaner Canales
Juan Beaner Canales One of the issues Slash had was Axl using a racist remarks in the past.Slash being half black didn't agree with Axl views.
Kind of ironic that the drummer of the latest incarnation is black.
Like · Reply · 17 hrs · Edited
Frank Turtle Burton
Frank Turtle Burton I would not see or pay money to see this! The reunion should be all original members, not just 3 members!
Like · Reply · 4 · 19 hrs
3 Replies
Taylor G. Boyd
Taylor G. Boyd I can't believe Slash is agreeing to do this.I know he's just recently divorced & his ex is ready to take half of everything so obviously this is a money grab but ' CMON MAN!!!
Mark McNeely
Mark McNeely No Izzy or Steven = No interest. Omitting any of the original line up is this year's biggest flop. Sounds like these guys will have to find this out the hard way. Too bad.
Like · Reply · 1 · 11 hrs
M Alexander Palomares
M Alexander Palomares I see what Axl is doing now. If we're lucky to get all 5 on board, he wants to extend the invite to the 2 keyboardists and an extra guitarist plus the current drummer kinda like a Grateful Dead style. Interesting.
Like · Reply · 12 hrs · Edited
Rui Camacho
Rui Camacho They suck!!!! Dizzy told that's impossible a GnR reunion...now who's laughing,you worthless piece of shit!
Like · Reply · 18 hrs
1 Reply
Tom Zarifis
Tom Zarifis What a joke!! This isn't what people have been waiting to see!!! Tickets will be insane, and it's only a 3/5th reunion!
Like · Reply · 18 hrs
Chris Michael
Chris Michael oh no its a chinese democracy lineup ..this isnt gnr
Like · Reply · 1 · 18 hrs
1 Reply
Jason Buggle
Jason Buggle Don't pretend you have the "inside story" .... no one knows ...
Like · Reply · 3 · 19 hrs
Frank Nemeth
Frank Nemeth haha . perfect .THE shit 're-union' for people that love to ingest any garbage/feces they are fed . Good luck SAUL.
Like · Reply · 14 hrs
Mark Francis
Mark Francis I wont pay to see anything but the original lineup.
Like · Reply · 8 hrs
Grant Doolin
Grant Doolin If it's not all original 5, they should lower ticket prices a bit then & not have a high price of $250-$275 for just 3 originals.
3 Replies
Tony Taylor
Tony Taylor Who cares? One of the most over rated bands ever. IMO
Like · Reply · 2 · 15 hrs
Richard Ayala
Richard Ayala Just temporary, boys and girls:) I love guns..but this WILL not last long..but then again nothing ever does.smile emoticon
Like · Reply · 1 · 19 hrs
Garrett Smith
Garrett Smith Dizzy Reed is fine with me. That Barbie on the far right isn't needed. But I'll take all four, as song as Steven and Izzy are brought back too. Compare that to what we had a year ago, and it'll be fine.
Like · Reply · 18 hrs
1 Reply
Mark Orasco
Mark Orasco Wasn't Tracey Gun one ot the originals? Then something happened and he formed LA gunnes which weren't half bad?
Like · Reply · 13 hrs
Bill Hanisek
Bill Hanisek Woah, they let Suge Knight out of jail to play drums!
Like · Reply · 15 hrs
Shawn Jorgensen
Shawn Jorgensen With no Tracii Gunn who cares!
Like · Reply · 4 hrs
Phil Martin
Phil Martin Izzy&Steven will have regular guest spots, both too flakey for a full tour.
Like · Reply · 9 · 19 hrs
Andrew Channon
Andrew Channon Nobody cared about adler on the illusions tour. It's just something else to moan about
Like · Reply · 6 · 19 hrs
3 Replies
Adam Mavromatis
Adam Mavromatis No Bill Ward no Guns N' Roses
Like · Reply · 1 · 17 hrs
3 Replies · 10 hrs
Mark Burns
Mark Burns Won't be the same band with out, Ace and Peter.
Like · Reply · 16 hrs
Eric Behl
Eric Behl why no Izzy and Steven??....$$$???...no interest??...can't play???
Like · Reply · 19 hrs
1 Reply
Justin Allen Quinlivan
Justin Allen Quinlivan Wtf!? No original lineup?
Like · Reply · 15 hrs
Don Gray
Don Gray Axle and his ego will blow it...Wait and see
Like · Reply · 16 hrs
Brownie Lawmore
Brownie Lawmore Thos 4 rule
Been there longer than most think,
So...See More
Like · Reply · 2 · 18 hrs · Edited
Nathan Dusek
Nathan Dusek Complain about Izzy all you want. I guarantee they begged him
Ryan T Russell
Ryan T Russell As long as Adler is a partial participant and Izzy refused to do it, I am cool with this "reunion".
Alex Alexandre Pepp
Alex Alexandre Pepp Dizzy makes sense but Wtf , this 3 guys are doin in a GnR reunion ???
Like · Reply · 2 · 18 hrs
2 Replies
Jim Hudson
Jim Hudson What comes first? Axl has another face lift or one of the members hits rehab for the 1,756 time? Vegas is taking bets
Like · Reply · 19 hrs
Alfredo Ruiz Islas
Alfredo Ruiz Islas So, again, that's not GNR: that's some guys trying to make money from naive people.
2 Replies
Clint Soren
Clint Soren That drummer is very lame man.seen him live.need adler period
Like · Reply · 1 · 16 hrs
Mick Kee
Mick Kee Well they are current members only makes sense.
Like · Reply · 13 hrs
Dale Sinc Lair
Dale Sinc Lair Im glad i got to see gnr before all of this shit hapened!!!
Like · Reply · 15 hrs
Alekz Dawn
Alekz Dawn That drummer sucks... I think it messes everything up... At least bring back Matt
2 Replies
Martin Gonzalez
Martin Gonzalez Gnr sucks tbh .. Only like 3 good songs
Like · Reply · 19 hrs
4 Replies
Richard Meek
Richard Meek That's not GNR. You think I'm paying $250 for that? Ha!
Like · Reply · 18 hrs
Joey Aguilera
Joey Aguilera Give Steve Adler a payday! The guy has turned his life around! He deserves it.
️&
Joey Aguilera's photo.
John McGraw
John McGraw Then it's not a real reunion is it , people boycott this money grab.
Like · Reply · 18 hrs
Sean Ryan
Sean Ryan Appetite or Illusions line up, NO new guys otherwise WTF is the point
Like · Reply · 16 hrs
Drew McDonald
Drew McDonald Whos the girl with the glasses......?
Like · Reply · 11 hrs
Dickensheet Everett
Dickensheet Everett with out the original line up, ill be staying at home..
Like · Reply · 16 hrs
Chris Allen Crummett
Chris Allen Crummett Dufrain party of two Dufrain party of two. What happened to the Dufrain's
Like · Reply · 18 hrs
Chris Allen Crummett
Chris Allen Crummett The one guy looks like Mitch Hedberg
Like · Reply · 18 hrs
Robert Pavlic
Robert Pavlic Im already disappointed if this news proves to be true
John Sprankle
John Sprankle if it is not the original members than it is not a reunion!
Like · Reply · 7 hrs
Michael Meggison
Michael Meggison Just get Adler or Sorum at least for drums; I know Izzy has always been iffy.
John Siaggas
John Siaggas This is not a reunion! It's lame joke alright!
Bob Womack
Bob Womack That bus is going to smell TERRIBLE.....
Like · Reply · 17 hrs
Daniel Enriquez
Daniel Enriquez If they can't get Izzy and Steven why don't the get Matt and Gilby
Like · Reply · 11 hrs
Tom Gilroy
Tom Gilroy It's not a reunion if the original five don't reunite
Like · Reply · 15 hrs
Michael Polanco
Michael Polanco Axl Rose Slash Matt Sorum Duff McKagan Steven Adler Izzy Stradlin Fans Dizzy Reed and Gilby Clarke.that's the lineup i want to see
Luca Rozza
Luca Rozza
Luca Rozza's photo.
Like · Reply · 5 · 18 hrs
Brian Patrick Schierenbeck
Brian Patrick Schierenbeck No Izzy? Not GnR.
Brendan Mac An Bhaird
Brendan Mac An Bhaird Bill Ward on drums?
Like · Reply · 18 hrs
Nathan Dusek
Nathan Dusek Why Pittman? GNR doesn't need a DJ
Bob Veres
Bob Veres Not interested. ...
Original 5 or nothing.
Like · Reply · 2 · 18 hrs
Cliff Stankiewicz
Cliff Stankiewicz Lame.
Tony Marvin
Tony Marvin Not interested .
Luca Rozza
Luca Rozza
Luca Rozza's photo.
Like · Reply · 17 hrs
Kyle Ainsworth
Kyle Ainsworth No Adler? I'm out....what a crock.
Like · Reply · 13 hrs
Chaun Bergsma
Chaun Bergsma Bullshit line up
Like · Reply · 17 hrs
Sean M Kelehan
Sean M Kelehan 2 keyboard players... Why?
Megan Mittinzy
Megan Mittinzy So Shel Silverstein plays drums too? Ha ha
Like · Reply · 18 hrs
Peter Lansdowne
Peter Lansdowne no Izzy or Steve??? No GNR period
Like · Reply · 16 hrs
Chris Barta
Chris Barta Sorry.....don't care.......
Like · Reply · 7 hrs
Tony Middleton
Tony Middleton So GNR will be a 7 piece? WTF?
Like · Reply · 46 mins
Andy Halleen
Andy Halleen Wow. What a slow news day.
Like · Reply · 18 hrs
Greg Garcia
Greg Garcia Yawnnnn
Like · Reply · 7 hrs
Scott Berrian
Scott Berrian It's bloated Guns and Roses!! Oh, Joy!
Like · Reply · 19 hrs
Shannon Grate
Shannon Grate Ridiculous
Like · Reply · 15 hrs
Josephine Evangelista
Josephine Evangelista Rediculous!!!
Like · Reply · 6 hrs
Paul M. Crabb
Paul M. Crabb THEY STINK
Like · Reply · 16 hrs
Danny Silvers
Danny Silvers Nope!
Like · Reply · 19 hrs
Bill Walters
Bill Walters Big deal ... this band died long ago.
Like · Reply · 15 hrs
1 Reply
Wayne Pulley
Wayne Pulley Who are these guys? Ha ha
Original 5 = reunion
Trent Wozniak
Trent Wozniak No Izzy? No GNR.
Like · Reply · 17 hrs
Art Neely
Art Neely
Like · Reply · 17 hrs
Arnaud Veraart
Arnaud Veraart good enough!
Like · Reply · 2 hrs
Bruce Payne
Bruce Payne Boo!

Can't see shit. It seems that you are quite unhappy.