Will Guns N' Roses Perform At Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show?

Confirmed: Beyonce Will Join Coldplay at Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show

January 08, 2016

It's official; Beyonce Knowles is returning to the Super Bowl halftime show. Pepsi, which sponsors the halftime spectacle, has confirmed to The Associated Press that the R&B diva will join Coldplay to perform at the show set to take place February 7 at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California.

There had been rumors that Bruno Mars might also appear with Chris Martin and friends at the halftime show, but NFL rep Brian McCarthy said via email, "We have said there will be multiple artists in the show. We have announced Coldplay so far. We are not commenting on any of the stars that have been linked to the Pepsi halftime show including Rihanna, Maroon 5, Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Bruno, GnR (Guns N' Roses), Adele, or Justin Timberlake."

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00092940.html

January 07, 2016

Something tells us that Bruno and Bey aren't the only VIPs we'll be seeing on that stage. As ET previously reported, at least one more act is expected to join the halftime show.

http://www.etonline.com/news/178238_exclusive_beyonce_will_join_coldplay_for_super_bowl_50_halftime_show/

Highly unlikely considering it's such a short segment and GNR is a big act in terms of the equipment they bring. This would almost guarantee they wouldn't be able to play with live instruments plugged in.

So with 2 artist already announced I'll say there's a 98% chance they won't be there...maybe 2017 though?

NFL would never allow GNR to perform at half time. They are way too much of a risk. NFL is extremely careful in what they do and for GNR to show up ontime without any problems is way too much of a wilcard. Axl cancelled his own Jimmy Kimmel appearance to announce the reunion... how could the NFL rely on them to show up for something as large as the superbowl?

Edited by slim26
  • Like 1

Beyoncé and Coldplay are confirmed and there's a topic asking if GNR will perform at halftime?

Amazing.

NFL rep Brian McCarthy said via email, "We have said there will be multiple artists in the show. We have announced Coldplay so far. We are not commenting on any of the stars that have been linked to the Pepsi halftime show including Rihanna, Maroon 5, Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Bruno, GnR (Guns N' Roses), Adele, or Justin Timberlake."

Beyoncé and Coldplay are confirmed and there's a topic asking if GNR will perform at halftime?

Amazing.

Did you read the post? There are other artists, and the NFL rep mentioned GNR as one of the artists that have been rumored, which I find a little weird as I hadn't seen any rumors that strong about them other than the fan speculation that seems to happen every single year that GNR is even a little active.

Anyway, I highly doubt it happens but it's not impossible.

Amazing.

Did you read the post? There are other artists, and the NFL rep mentioned GNR as one of the artists that have been rumored, which I find a little weird as I hadn't seen any rumors that strong about them other than the fan speculation that seems to happen every single year that GNR is even a little active.

Anyway, I highly doubt it happens but it's not impossible.

Yeah but cmon it won't happen

Amazing.

NFL rep Brian McCarthy said via email, "We have said there will be multiple artists in the show. We have announced Coldplay so far. We are not commenting on any of the stars that have been linked to the Pepsi halftime show including Rihanna, Maroon 5, Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Bruno, GnR (Guns N' Roses), Adele, or Justin Timberlake."

I should clarify, fair enough of a topic fine. It could realistically be possible since they seem to be rehearsing awfully early for two shows In April, so while there is a possibility, I personally don't see it happening. I think Beyoncé and Coldplay will be enough and it doesn't seem like a proper launching pad for this tour.

But hey, hopefully I'm wrong..

If Seattle's in the Super Bowl, Duff would be there anyway. Axl made fun of Flea's bass being unplugged so I don't know if he really feels the 5 minutes they're on stage would be worth it. Back in 1988, they were just beginning to have rock bands on stage, before that, it was Up WIth People *L*

I'm surprised Van Halen or AC/DC weren't picked.

GNR could just stand up, wave from their seats while WTTJ played, they get free publicity and trend for a minute.

We'll see next year. I agree, this isn't a good launching pad to debut the "new" lineup. A couple of club shows then heading off to Coachella and shows to follow is the only way to do it.

If they could be reliable, what better way to announce this comeback and promote the upcoming tour, than to play on a world wide broadcast. I brought this up to my brothers about a month ago and was laughed at. Highly doubtfull, but I'd love to see it.

Edited by yourcrazy

NFL would never allow GNR to perform at half time. They are way too much of a risk. NFL is extremely careful in what they do and for GNR to show up ontime without any problems is way too much of a wilcard. Axl cancelled his own Jimmy Kimmel appearance to announce the reunion... how could the NFL rely on them to show up for something as large as the superbowl?

If axl didn't show they could always have pitman do vocals.

• Like 1