Pitman confirmed at Coachella

I've already said that I get why NUGUNs fans will dig this lineup. It's the 2014 lineup with a major improvement at lead guitar. So what's not to like for you guys? Savor the moment. Enjoy the hell out of it.

I'm more of a fan of the old band, that is why i appreciate this forthcoming line up. and i also get over the FACT that this is a nostalgia band

Seems like a lot of you can't get over it. Oh and 4tus is probably the only member from the Nu lineups who is not a complete douche or totally faceless. he is sort of fit the "GNR" image. All of the others weren't and still doesn't

Why do you have to make up reasons as to why others aren't as excited as you are? People just have different preferences. It has nothing to do with me not being able to get over this being a nostalgia act. Can it not just be that I don't care for Pitman, Fortus, Frank, etc. as performers/musicians...or that I prefer the AFD/UYI era of Guns? Like I said...enjoy the moment, get excited as hell...and don't let it bother you that there are others like me who just simply don't care for the newer versions of the band or this hybrid version. To each his own..

I don't know anything about NuGNR. I know there was a DJ Ashba and a Bumblefoot and then they were gone. I joined this forum b.c I love AFD & some of UYI. I think it will be super cool to see Axl and Slash back together sense I didn't get to seem them together when the band formed.

I don't know anything about NuGNR. I know there was a DJ Ashba and a Bumblefoot and then they were gone. I joined this forum b.c I love AFD & some of UYI. I think it will be super cool to see Axl and Slash back together sense I didn't get to seem them together when the band formed.

Chinese Democracy represents the NUGNR era, but that version of the band has had a revolving door of musicians. Some folks love that era, some hate it...and some fall somewhere in the middle.

Bumblefoot could play technical like buckethead and yet sound like Slash when he wanted to... Ashba looked like Slash but played like... well not good at times... However he sounded great on his own stuff...

Ashba looked like Slash

No.... No.

No.

Bumblefoot could play technical like buckethead and yet sound like Slash when he wanted to... Ashba looked like Slash but played like... well not good at times... However he sounded great on his own stuff...

Buckethead was the best nuguns guitarist. When he left, there was no point.

Buckethead was the best nuguns guitarist. When he left, there was no point.

The only good thing about CD...it was my gateway to discovering Bucket.

I remember back in 02 how every other guitarist was fascinated by Buckethead's guitar work in GNR. Hardly anyone was talking about Slash back then.

His solo work is much more impressive than anything he did with Guns. He was a never a good fit for Guns IMHO. I'll take the guy with the top hat over the guy with the KFC bucket any day of the week...

Not sure if it helps that Pittman and Frank are "peacocking" on social media while we can't get an answer out of Steven/Matt/Izzy

Probably because as the press release said, Duff and Slash are re-joining for Coachella.. so its pretty safe to assume that the other guys like Frank and Pitman are still in.

I remember back in 02 how every other guitarist was fascinated by Buckethead's guitar work in GNR. Hardly anyone was talking about Slash back then.

His solo work is much more impressive than anything he did with Guns. He was a never a good fit for Guns IMHO. I'll take the guy with the top hat over the guy with the KFC bucket any day of the week...

same, just trying to elaborate on what it was like to be a gnr fan back then and what the atmosphere was like at the shows and in general music discussions amongst guitarists who were GNR fans..buckethead really did blow us away back then..he was a good fit for the new direction of the band.

Fuck me. The CD songs literally serve no purpose being played anymore other than protecting Axl's fragile ego because they failed. Ugh, again I'm trying to remain positive, and I'm stoked we get to at least hear Slash and Axl together again. But Pitman now too? Absolute disgrace. Do they really have to botch a reunion because Axl's not done pretending the CD era was anything besides a colossal fuck up? If you're gonna do a reunion, then either go full throttle or fuck off.

I have to agree.

All members of the AFD/Illusions lineups are still alive, and have an incredible opportunity to make music history and a lot of diehard fans happy. This is the GNR that everybody knows and loves. These are the members that were inducted into the Rock Hall of Fame and the ones fans have been waiting decades to see reunite on a stage. … The chemistry between Axl, Slash, Duff, Stevie, Izzy and even Matt were second to none. They brought out the best in each other both onstage and in the incredible music they created together. It was magical - and a case where the "whole" was far greater than the sum of the individual parts.

If Izzy doesn't want to tour, then bring back Gilby, and have Stevie and Matt alternate drumming as they did at the Rock Hall of Fame.

But I find it absolutely mindboggling that Axl would insist on tainting this magic moment by insisting members of his traveling cover band be part of it. This wasn't allowed at the HOF, and fans don't want to see it now. If you want to bring Pittman in to do some CD songs, fine. But only AFTER all of the AFD/Illusions guys are confirmed.

I honestly think it will take a new and REAL management team (such as Azoff or Merck) to pull this thing off. And judging by the Kimmel no-show and the decision to kick off the reunion at Coachella (where teens who have never heard of GNR go - seriously, wtf were they thinking? ), I'm guessing that hasn't happened yet.

Edited by madison
  • Like 1

same, just trying to elaborate on what it was like to be a gnr fan back then and what the atmosphere was like at the shows and in general music discussions amongst guitarists who were GNR fans..buckethead really did blow us away back then..he was a good fit for the new direction of the band.

Yeah, I agree that he was a good fit for the new direction of the band...the new direction just wasn't my cup of tea. But I love a lot of his solo work. And had it not been for his involvement with Guns it's doubtful if I would have ever been exposed to his playing at all. So being introduced to BH was really the highlight of my experience with CD.

Fuck me. The CD songs literally serve no purpose being played anymore other than protecting Axl's fragile ego because they failed. Ugh, again I'm trying to remain positive, and I'm stoked we get to at least hear Slash and Axl together again. But Pitman now too? Absolute disgrace. Do they really have to botch a reunion because Axl's not done pretending the CD era was anything besides a colossal fuck up? If you're gonna do a reunion, then either go full throttle or fuck off.

I have to agree.

All members of the AFD/Illusions lineups are still alive, and have an incredible opportunity to make music history and a lot of diehard fans happy. This is the GNR that everybody knows and loves. These are the members that were inducted into the Rock Hall of Fame and the ones fans have been waiting decades to see reunite on a stage. … The chemistry between Axl, Slash, Duff, Stevie, Izzy and even Matt were second to none. They brought out the best in each other both onstage and in the incredible music they created together. It was magical - and a case where the "whole" was far greater than the sum of the individual parts.

If Izzy doesn't want to tour, then bring back Gilby, and have Stevie and Matt alternate drumming as they did at the Rock Hall of Fame.

But I find it absolutely mindboggling that Axl would insist on tainting this magic moment by insisting members of his traveling cover band be part of it. This wasn't allowed at the HOF, and fans don't want to see it now. If you want to bring Pittman in to do some CD songs, fine. But only AFTER all of the AFD/Illusions guys are confirmed.

I honestly think it will take a new and REAL management team (such as Azoff or Merck) to pull this thing off. And judging by the Kimmel no-show and the decision to kick off the reunion at Coachella (where teens who have never heard of GNR go - seriously, wtf were they thinking? ), I'm guessing that hasn't happened yet.

Honestly, to the general public, it's all about Axl and Slash. With those two, the sales will be gangbusters. Having Izzy and Steven honestly isn't going to move the meter that much with the casual fan.

Now when it comes to writing for new songs, then heck yeah Izzy is essential at least.

This clearly makes the whole thing less cool, this guy should not be on GN'R:

eXz--S.gifkewQcY.gif

I lol'd at this whenever I saw it, but with Slash and Duff in the band, now it makes me sad.

He nearly clobbers poor Bumblefoot there!

Conspiracy theory: he was just trying to jumpstart the reunion by taking out one guitarist at a time!

I have to agree.

All members of the AFD/Illusions lineups are still alive, and have an incredible opportunity to make music history and a lot of diehard fans happy. This is the GNR that everybody knows and loves. These are the members that were inducted into the Rock Hall of Fame and the ones fans have been waiting decades to see reunite on a stage. The chemistry between Axl, Slash, Duff, Stevie, Izzy and even Matt were second to none. They brought out the best in each other both onstage and in the incredible music they created together. It was magical - and a case where the "whole" was far greater than the sum of the individual parts.

Well, hello there.

This clearly makes the whole thing less cool, this guy should not be on GN'R:

eXz--S.gifkewQcY.gif

I lol'd at this whenever I saw it, but with Slash and Duff in the band, now it makes me sad.

He nearly clobbers poor Bumblefoot there!

One things for sure, ive never seen a man "play" the tambourine with that much conviction. HA!!