Pitman confirmed at Coachella

I'm very happy about this. I know many dislike the P, but I enjoy his work on Chinese and Sex Tapes and he is a multi instrumentalist and a songwriter. I want him in. It was a great choice imo. Plus, he's a ball of energy which is always fun. Harmless fun.

Could it mean CD ll will still be used in some capacity, or it's just so Axl can perform the Chinese material that already got released live? Slash and Pitman in the same band is so weird.

I thought I would never say this, but I do agree 100% with Madison Ivy on this one, I guess a few years ago she would have said completely something else. But at the moment, whatever she said, that is spot on.

and the decision to kick off the reunion at Coachella (where teens who have never heard of GNR go - seriously, wtf were they thinking? )

Are you fucking kidding me? You think kicking the reunion off at the biggest music festival in the world, live-streamed to millions, is a bad idea?

Madison Ivy

I really, really hope this was an honest mistake :lol:

Fuck me. The CD songs literally serve no purpose being played anymore other than protecting Axl's fragile ego because they failed. Ugh, again I'm trying to remain positive, and I'm stoked we get to at least hear Slash and Axl together again. But Pitman now too? Absolute disgrace. Do they really have to botch a reunion because Axl's not done pretending the CD era was anything besides a colossal fuck up? If you're gonna do a reunion, then either go full throttle or fuck off.

I have to agree.

All members of the AFD/Illusions lineups are still alive, and have an incredible opportunity to make music history and a lot of diehard fans happy. This is the GNR that everybody knows and loves. These are the members that were inducted into the Rock Hall of Fame and the ones fans have been waiting decades to see reunite on a stage. … The chemistry between Axl, Slash, Duff, Stevie, Izzy and even Matt were second to none. They brought out the best in each other both onstage and in the incredible music they created together. It was magical - and a case where the "whole" was far greater than the sum of the individual parts.

If Izzy doesn't want to tour, then bring back Gilby, and have Stevie and Matt alternate drumming as they did at the Rock Hall of Fame.

But I find it absolutely mindboggling that Axl would insist on tainting this magic moment by insisting members of his traveling cover band be part of it. This wasn't allowed at the HOF, and fans don't want to see it now. If you want to bring Pittman in to do some CD songs, fine. But only AFTER all of the AFD/Illusions guys are confirmed.

I honestly think it will take a new and REAL management team (such as Azoff or Merck) to pull this thing off. And judging by the Kimmel no-show and the decision to kick off the reunion at Coachella (where teens who have never heard of GNR go - seriously, wtf were they thinking? ), I'm guessing that hasn't happened yet.

i always thought that you were a diehard nugnr supportress...you're right, coachella could be a total disaster. and yeah, there is not need for frank and pitman at least. pitman is a master of amateur soundeffects and he is co-responsible for the overproduced sound of cd.

I thought I would never say this, but I do agree 100% with Madison Ivy on this one, I guess a few years ago she would have said completely something else. But at the moment, whatever she said, that is spot on.

but its really a shame that users like madison banned people which wrote pro-oldgnr back then...and now herself is writing pro-oldgnr...what changed her mind?

Fuck me. The CD songs literally serve no purpose being played anymore other than protecting Axl's fragile ego because they failed. Ugh, again I'm trying to remain positive, and I'm stoked we get to at least hear Slash and Axl together again. But Pitman now too? Absolute disgrace. Do they really have to botch a reunion because Axl's not done pretending the CD era was anything besides a colossal fuck up? If you're gonna do a reunion, then either go full throttle or fuck off.

This.

I really didn't think anything could disappoint me when we first started to hear rumblings of a possible reunion.... but here it is. Bummer. It's safe to assume this is something that Axl stipulated. I honestly wish Slash and Duff would not have agreed to this bullshit. If it shuts down the reunion then fuck it, no one ever thought it would happen anyway. It's like they think their fans are fuckin clueless. Including any of the nu guys in a show billed as a "regrouping of the iconic line-up" is making this feel more like a parody of a reunion rather than the actual one I was hoping for.

Amen sister.

I was always hoping that if a reunion would happen, it'd be a restablishing of what gnr really was. Not just Slash and Duff joining Axl's shit show. I said it before, but I think at least in the case of Slash, his divorce with Perla having no prenup royally fucked him in terms of leverage. Turning the reunion into something he wanted to make work at some point, into something he needed to happen. And fast. It's a bit depressing, and curb stomps the appeal quite a bit. The fact that the leeches with no experience with something of this magnitude are still fully running shit just ups the joke ante even further. A bit of a shame.

How depressing, but you could very well be right.

I think the problem with Pitman is, he reminds 'us' of the Chinese Democracy era of Guns N' Roses, which has been, is and will always be, a sad joke.

He would be the last person I would like to see in any version of GNR. Its sad how Slash and Duff agreed for Pitman and not Matt.

but its really a shame that users like madison banned people which wrote pro-oldgnr back then...and now herself is writing pro-oldgnr...what changed her mind?

axl's rant

I think the problem with Pitman is, he reminds 'us' of the Chinese Democracy era of Guns N' Roses, which has been, is and will always be, a sad joke.

He would be the last person I would like to see in any version of GNR. Its sad how Slash and Duff agreed for Pitman and not Matt.

Things are already the way they are. Pitman is in. I just hope he shuts the fuck up and play his keyboard waaaay behind the band.

Things are already the way they are. Pitman is in. I just hope he shuts the fuck up and play his keyboard waaaay behind the band.

I really don't know how things got like this, but dude the GNR I followed din't have pitman, with Slash and Duff joining, you really want pitman to be there? What could have been the reason that Slash and Duff agreed for pitman to be in and not Matt.

I really don't know how things got like this, but dude the GNR I followed din't have pitman, with Slash and Duff joining, you really want pitman to be there? What could have been the reason that Slash and Duff agreed for pitman to be in and not Matt.

If it was up to me, I would say "fuck worthless musician Pitman." However, it isn't up to me. They decided he should be in. What am I supposed to do? :lol: Like I said, I hope nobody notices his presence.

and the decision to kick off the reunion at Coachella (where teens who have never heard of GNR go - seriously, wtf were they thinking? )

Are you fucking kidding me? You think kicking the reunion off at the biggest music festival in the world, live-streamed to millions, is a bad idea?

Depending how they look and sound.. It could be an awful idea... Lame crowd too