Do we have Motley Crüe to thank for the reunion?

May sound like a silly question but bear with me a moment. Motley retiring basically allowed Nikki Sixx to commit full time to Sixx AM. Ashba was probably given a choice at that time to commit himself one way or the other and chose to stick with Sixx AM over Guns because he knew that would be the best way for him to record and release new music. I suspect that Ashba's departure along with the ongoing Bumble situation that had been going on for a long time was the final straw that led Axl to finally give Slash a call. Am I off base here or does this sound plausible?

Anyone really thinks that Axl, having reconciled with Slash and wanting the reunion, would give up this idea to stay loyal to DJ Ashba? Seriously?

He would do exactly what he did, sign the platinum or gold or whatever they were records, send them with a big thank you as Christmas gifts and good bye to you guys, so long, farelwell :headbang:

Sure, NuGNR falling apart, Duff making a comeback, Axl giving up on creating music with hired hands, everything conspired to a Slash comeback. This reunion should have happened years ago when Axl could still deliver a good performance but I'm glad it finally happened anyway. NuGNR was just embarassing and Slash+Myles is just boring, Axl, Slash and Duff belong together.

May sound like a silly question but bear with me a moment. Motley retiring basically allowed Nikki Sixx to commit full time to Sixx AM. Ashba was probably given a choice at that time to commit himself one way or the other and chose to stick with Sixx AM over Guns because he knew that would be the best way for him to record and release new music. I suspect that Ashba's departure along with the ongoing Bumble situation that had been going on for a long time was the final straw that led Axl to finally give Slash a call. Am I off base here or does this sound plausible?

I can see where you're coming from and I'm inclined to agree! I think there are a few factors though:

Axl randomly meeting with Duff in 2010 - meant that they patched things up and started speaking again. Plus wasn't Loaded the support band for one of the tours? Duff therefore knows what touring with Axl is like these days.

The Replacements reunion - Axl needed a bass player to fill in for a while, as he was on good terms with Duff he asked him.

Motley Crue ending - Sixx:AM is now Nikki's full time gig. Ashba leaves GN'R to commit to Sixx: AM full time so Axl needs a new guitarist. This leads Axl to approach Slash and I imagine he went through Duff first.

I think ultimately you could make a decent case for Axl's chance meeting with Duff being the most important factor. If that hadn't have happened I imagine we'd currently be looking at a lineup with one or two new guitarists. If Axl hadn't have patched things up with Duff and done a successful tour with him I imagine Slash would have been more against the idea of rejoining the band.

Edited by BassistSeb
  • Like 1

Man Vince looks rough these days. That's not age - it's just not taking care of yourself.

Meanwhile, look at fucking Mick Mars shredding away at the end there while he can barely walk. What a beast.

Edited by Ant
  • Like 2

Sure, NuGNR falling apart, Duff making a comeback, Axl giving up on creating music with hired hands, everything conspired to a Slash comeback. This reunion should have happened years ago when Axl could still deliver a good performance but I'm glad it finally happened anyway. NuGNR was just embarassing and Slash+Myles is just boring, Axl, Slash and Duff belong together.

Yeah well lets see how the band sounds with Pitman, Fortus and Frank.

When it comes to Myles and Slash, they are not boring, the Conspirators are very talented, the way they play their own songs and even GNR songs, it is flawless.

Yeah well lets see how the band sounds with Pitman, Fortus and Frank.

When it comes to Myles and Slash, they are not boring, the Conspirators are very talented, the way they play their own songs and even GNR songs, it is flawless.

They are a great rock band and Myles sings the GNR songs much better than how Axl has been singing them but the songs are not that good IMO, they are a little soulless, like Chinese Democracy.

I can see where you're coming from and I'm inclined to agree! I think there are a few factors though:

Axl randomly meeting with Duff in 2010 - meant that they patched things up and started speaking again. Plus wasn't Loaded the support band for one of the tours? Duff therefore knows what touring with Axl is like these days.

The Replacements reunion - Axl needed a bass player to fill in for a while, as he was on good terms with Duff he asked him.

Motley Crue ending - Sixx:AM is now Nikki's full time gig. Ashba leaves GN'R to commit to Sixx: AM full time so Axl needs a new guitarist. This leads Axl to approach Slash and I imagine he went through Duff first.

I think ultimately you could make a decent case for Axl's chance meeting with Duff being the most important factor. If that hadn't have happened I imagine we'd currently be looking at a lineup with one or two new guitarists. If Axl hadn't have patched things up with Duff and done a successful tour with him I imagine Slash would have been more against the idea of rejoining the band.

I would say all these factors, plus:

- Bumblefoot leaving, after Finck and Bucket had also left

- Slash getting back with Meegan and divorcing Perla; the former reminding him of the old days and the latter no longer trying to force a reunion between him and Axl, letting it happen through Duff instead

• Like 1

I would say all these factors, plus:

- Bumblefoot leaving, after Finck and Bucket had also left

- Slash getting back with Meegan and divorcing Perla; the former reminding him of the old days and the latter no longer trying to force a reunion between him and Axl, letting it happen through Duff instead

Yeah, the thing with Bumble though is that it seems that he hadn't properly severed all ties. I mean he didn't announce he'd left and seemed to want to stay on good terms with GN'R. It's a pretty big contrast to Ashba. It makes me wonder if there was always a chance that he would have come back. I think he'd left for good though.