Do we have Motley Crüe to thank for the reunion?

We have Motley Crue to thank for getting Vince Neil off the fucking big stage. I appreciate his effort, but holy crap he got worse from never actually sounding good live in the first place. I'm glad cats everywhere were put out of their misery. And they got walking corpse (underrated guitar god) Mick Mars back to his crypt. Admirable move to retire, but they didn't have any business being on tour for a LOOONG time.

• Like 1

We have Motley Crue to thank for getting Vince Neil off the fucking big stage. I appreciate his effort, but holy crap he got worse from never actually sounding good live in the first place. I'm glad cats everywhere were put out of their misery. And they got walking corpse (underrated guitar god) Mick Mars back to his crypt. Admirable move to retire, but they didn't have any business being on tour for a LOOONG time.

Hey Mick still killed it live right to the end. Vince, yeah, that dude is a dumpster fire.

Went to see Motley Crue last month in Abu Dhabi. Expected the worst, but they were actually not bad. Guitarist stole the show and Vince sounds better at the gig than on the videos.

They look kinda ridiculous tho

Edited by LA_0013

Motley Crue does a great, really polished live show, I will say that. But bless Vince's heart, every time I saw the Crue he only sung every third word and did not sound good. As for Mick, considering what he endures medically it is amazing that he is even able to stand onstage for a full show, much less be so amazing on guitar. Nothing but props for Mick.

Edited by stella

I wonder if Motley are pissed at the timing of the Coachella announcement? Considering we just had the Final Show the media hadn't covered it as much as I thought they would. It's all been GN'R!

They must be pissed at that!

I could see Nikki doing Brides of Destruction again as well as Sixx: AM. I read that Slash was originally going to be a part of it but VR happened, and maybe with Corabi in Dead Daisies you might see Nikki joining the band on the road, trotting out some of the Corabi Crue songs.

I think you'll see new collaborations happening because of the GNR reunion, and old ones reforming.

Went to see Motley Crue last month in Abu Dhabi. Expected the worst, but they were actually not bad. Guitarist stole the show and Vince sounds better at the gig than on the videos.

They look kinda ridiculous tho

Went to see them in November in Manchester, they were excellent. Vince is FAT but can still sing and didn't sound bad at all. It was a great show. Mick was outstanding on the guitar, didn't realise how good he was.

Watched GNR at the same arena in 2010 - probably the best GNR performance i've attended overall.

Motley has done quite well tour touring in recent years. But it is good that they leave while they still have something left.

On a bit of a different subject. Motley suffered from a similar problem to Axl and his New Guns N Roses. When Motley fired Vince, nobody accepted the Crue with John Corabi. Although the MC 1994 album is actually pretty good.......nobody thought of it as Motley Crue. They should have gone with a different band name.

Axl and his New Guns N Roses suffer from the same stigma. Nobody, of the old school era.......ever accepts the New band as Guns N Roses.

Axl should have gone with the Axl Rose Band. Sixx, Lee, Corabi, Mars should have gone with something else also.