Proof of (current) Nu members ruining classic GNR songs

CheapJon

In this thread I'm interresting to watch some videos where Frank, Fortus and especially Pitman is ruining classic GNR songs.

Check youtube, there are plenty of videos even full shows. You be the judge. Pay attention at the way Frank plays Mr. Brownstone. As for Pitman, do you think the AFD songs need Pitman?

In this thread I'm interresting to watch some videos where Frank, Fortus and especially Pitman is ruining classic GNR songs.

Check youtube, there are plenty of videos even full shows. You be the judge. Pay attention at the way Frank plays Mr. Brownstone. As for Pitman, do you think the AFD songs need Pitman?

Why should I check youtube? I made this thread for people with proof. I'm thinking this will be a huge thread after all the negative posts I read in the main section. Just post some examples if you know you're one of those who have claimed how Pitman ruins AFD songs. Can't be too hard? If it's shit, show me the shit. I'm not a nut swinger. I'll throw hissy fits as well. But if no one's posting any videos then I guess it wasn't that bad anyway.

I'll be the judge when you've showed me the evidence. Gimme proof of Pitman and Frank slaughtering the songs we love.

Especially Pitman, apperantly "He plays Synths on Appetite songs loud enough to drown out guitar parts" and if that's true. Well then that surely do suck much ass.

None of those 3 have ruined any songs. The guys who did are playing with NIN and SIXX: AM...

That's irrelevant. This is strictly for current band members.

Rock'n'roll isn't an exact science. Different musicians play same songs differently. People prefer different things. It is what it is. I personally like both old and new Guns. (And I'm very excited about this hybrid line-up.)

Richard doesn't fuck up the songs very often at all, Pitman is inaudible unless we get soundboard bootlegs and even then, he's way lower in the mix than he was in 2002 so he's not bad, he's just sort of 'there'. Frank does consistently fuck up the intros to Brownstone and Rocket Queen, and his fills are hit or miss (in Vegas 2014, I'm pretty sure it was the show on June 6, I definitely noticed he fucked up somewhere during Estranged), but people on this board make it seem like he's completely incompetent which just isn't the case. He's much closer to the loose, 'groove' style Adler had than the drum machines that were Matt and Brain.

• Like 3

None of those 3 have ruined any songs. The guys who did are playing with NIN and SIXX: AM...

Even though this thread was meant for current members I'll admit that IMO Robin redeemed himself on the 2006-07 tours. I even came to like his 2001-02 stuff later on, even if it was.. less than stellar.

Ashba is just unforgivable.

Richard doesn't fuck up the songs very often at all, Pitman is inaudible unless we get soundboard bootlegs and even then, he's way lower in the mix than he was in 2002 so he's not bad, he's just sort of 'there'. Frank does consistently fuck up the intros to Brownstone and Rocket Queen, and his fills are hit or miss (in Vegas 2014, I'm pretty sure it was the show on June 6, I definitely noticed he fucked up somewhere during Estranged), but people on this board make it seem like he's completely incompetent which just isn't the case. He's much closer to the loose, 'groove' style Adler had than the drum machines that were Matt and Brain.

I've noticed the way Frank plays Mr Brownstone. I'll check out RQ as well.

I watched a couple of videos of different guys playing the MR B intro. Adler from 88 and 15. Matt from 91. 93 and 07, Frank from 06. 12 and 14, Brain from 01, 02 and 06. Guess what, I think they're all playing it wrong. :lol:

I've also seen Brain as the Matt and Frank as the Adler of the New drummers. :P

Exactly my sentiments

Some people are just overreact everything here...

Ashba is the only one who botched up the songs imo.

Pittman you can barely hear in the mix tbh (I'd a like a CD era show without him, just to compare what it sounds like tbh).

I think most people dislike him more for the fact that for the majority of the show he just drinks, leans on an equally wobbly keyboard and gets to say he's in Guns N' Roses, than for anything he adds to the old songs :lol:

'leans on an equally wobbly keyboard' :) made me lol

Kinda agree w/ your post too.

• Like 1

Thanks for the video! Ha I suspect the same thing about the Pitman dislike.

Now onto the issue of Pitman ruining songs. I could see the point if he was still that noticable, however that doesn't seem to be the case. On his contributions to the songs. Well some I actually think added to the songs, some of it were pretty bad and some shit I even laughed out loud at (1.25-1.40 ).

Not that I consider it to be ruining the song but could someone post the video where they're playing either Nightrain or Paradise City and Frank misses his cue to go into the ending and Axl shouts "what the fuck?!" Come to think of it, I think that's happened with both songs on different occasions.

Not that I consider it to be ruining the song but could someone post the video where they're playing either Nightrain or Paradise City and Frank misses his cue to go into the ending and Axl shouts "what the fuck?!" Come to think of it, I think that's happened with both songs on different occasions.

I think it's happened a few times too, but here's one video:

(5:25, he just yells "come on!" at Frank)

Edited by Gordon Comstock

Old members fucked up, too. Except for Dj I would say that members in the 2001-2014 period overall were more consistently good musicians than members in 1985-1993. It comes down to what you like and what you don't like. If you only like Steven's way of drumming then every other drummer may be "ruining" the song for you. If, on the other hand, you prefer, say, Brain's drumming, then it's the other way around :shrugs:.

The one who constantly messed up songs is Axl. Put ''Axl Rose disaster'' into youtube.

Good point. He misses cues as well and messes up lyrics from time to time. And yet no other band member dares call him out on it. :lol:

I don't mind it really, part of the live experience. But in the case of Ashba and to a lesser extent Finck, I've always felt they weren't up to the task with most of Slash' solos.

I can find in every song thing that I don't like in Fran's drumming, here is few.
2:16 ; 6:55 ; 7:15 - 7:45>

Old members fucked up, too. Except for Dj I would say that members in the 2001-2014 period overall were more consistently good musicians than members in 1985-1993. It comes down to what you like and what you don't like. If you only like Steven's way of drumming then every other drummer may be "ruining" the song for you. If, on the other hand, you prefer, say, Brain's drumming, then it's the other way around :shrugs:.

It's not about different way of drumming, it's about playing accurately. Matt is not the same type of drummer as Steven, but he played Steven's songs accurately and precise the way they were recorded. If you are in GnR you need to play songs the way they were recorded, you can add some things here and there but in reasonable amount, just like Matt did. You can't change drumming style in classic songs like Fran did.

I think Frank is a good talented drummer and what can I conclude a good guy, but for me he plays unprofessional in GnR and gives the impression of an amateur.

Edited by Heisenberg
  • Like 1