Which member do you look up to the most?

I'm not a musician so I don't look up to guys who are musicians. When I was 12 I looked up to entertainment figures. But that stopped once I reached adulthood.

If I admire something about them off the stage, then I suppose Duff. Seems to have turned his life around and is a good family man.

Axl doesn't sound like he has a real pleasurable life. Essentially paying people to be his adopted family. Mid-50s and no wife, gf or children. Seems like he lives life like a recluse.

Edited by Apollo

If we're being honest I'd have to say Axl. The guy grew up being treated like complete shit.

His step father sexually and physically abused him, his teachers hated him, his peers hated him, the cops hated him. It was him against the world and the man STILL did not back down.

He said fuck all and kept doing what he was doing. Even after everyone but Dizzy left the band, he still kept doing what he wanted to do and took his time making CD, all the while saying "fuck you, it'll come out when it's ready." Constant ridicule from fans and other musicians and he still keeps going.

The man is the definition of integrity and dignity.

• Like 1

Axl for what he had to go through and overcame all that, the adventure it was for him to get where he is, to find izzy all that early beginning stuff. Axl also has some things in him that i see in myself,bowing to no one, always speaking his heart out being dead honest. Getting lost in his emotions. His energy and unique way of being a frontman, the way he goes on stage it keeps fascinating me everytime i watch a video, i have so much admiration for it and i love it, axl is the most entertaining exciting cool explosive badass human being to watch doing their thing. And then i haven't even talked about his voice and how he manages to bring emotions and anger into songs with it, his lyrics everything.

Edited by GNRmello77

I don't look up to any of them. Admire and enjoy their talent as musicians, absolutely. Have been inspired or found solace in the songs they have written and performed, yes. Been impressed by some of the things they have done, sure. But I do not see any of them as role models or someone to look up to.

• Like 2

Izzy. He does whatever the fuck he wants without ever being a cunt or losing touch. But the main reason is he wrote Nightrain.

Honestly though? clearly Axl. Infinite reasons, can't explain in 2 sentences.

Edited by Rovim

Respect/admire the hell outta Izzy/Axl. But Slash is something else. Any guitar player with feel knows it, he is basically god in my book. Slash clearly has more musical talent than Axl (in terms of consisent, high quality performances and output), I dare anybody to try deny it. Even Duff has stated that in the early days of guns Slash was the one with the real outstanding talent, and let's be honest, Slash is just a genuinely nice guy, so yeah, Slash by far in my book

I don't look up to anyone, they are not exactly the best role models, it's somewhat of a miracle that both Slash and Duff are still alive.

I respect Slash as a musician, he's an amazing guitar player with a great sound.

I respect Duff after reading his book... getting clean and sobering up all on his own and keeping up with it and completely changing his life around.

I suppose I respect Izzy for not putting up with Axl's bullshit and basically turning away from the vision and the band he started.

That's about it, I'll never look up to them. If AFD didn't become the big hit it became chances are they'd be working at a gas station now or they would be dead already.

Musically I look up to all of them in their own way. I would not be able to pick between Axl and Slash as both of them are the reason that I sing and play guitar. Maybe Slash would edge it based on post Illusion output. But as people, I do not look up to any of them. They are not good examples of how to live your life. Barring Duff's redemption story, they are a bunch narcissistic ex junkies and megalomaniacs. Great band though!

• Like 1

Duff and Izzy.

Duff seems so level-headed and all-around class act. Izzy is the epitome of cool, he does things his way (and he doesn't complicate other people's lives when doing so). And both of them do killer solo music!