Which member do you look up to the most?

I think I look up to and admire all performers to a certain degree. Musicians, comedians...jugglers...basically anyone that goes up on a stage and subjects themselves to judgment. Particularly when they are first starting out.

Of the GNR members, I think I probably have the most respect for Axl (I don't wanna use the phrase 'look up to'. 'Respect' is more fitting I think). Just for the endless amount of shit that gets slung at him (deserved or not). Yet he still mostly goes out there and does his thing; and from what I can gather, mostly sticks to his principles.

But you can go down the line and make note of admirable things all the other members have done as well.

Then there's just the fact that all of them, at one point, have had near godlike power to indulge every human desire possible and explore every vice, and yet they've all been able to reign things in and avoid blowing themselves up.

Edited by Brunzopolis

When I posed this question I really didnt expect people to think the members were the most respectable people ever but more so who is your favorite member and why. They aren't the ideal role models ever but they are your favorite band I suppose because you post on a forum.

Not only did Axl have a rough childhood, but according to the past live therapy stuff he had, he also had a lot of bad things happen to him in his past lives 100s of years ago.

Poor guy has had to struggle through trauma for several hundred years.

When I posed this question I really didnt expect people to think the members were the most respectable people ever but more so who is your favorite member and why. They aren't the ideal role models ever but they are your favorite band I suppose because you post on a forum.

They are *one* of my favorite bands. I post on this forum because they are interesting to discuss and there are interesting threads here.

If the question is just "who is your favorite," that would be Duff. And then Axl.

Been Axl fanboy since 1992, so hes my choice. Hes charisma and voice are so damn unique.

More from adult non fanboy point of view, DUff is the one I respect highly. Getting sober, getting life together....great inspiration for a lot of people, including me. Also great musician.