Which member do you look up to the most?

I look up to Pitman. There's a guy with little to no talent that has managed to be in one of the greatest rock bands ever for some unknown reason. He's like Zeppelin having a guy on tamberine, I'll play the tamberine in Zeppelin!!!!

Steven for getting kicked out of GNR for drug abuse. Mad respect.

This is the best answer.

Not anymore. I one uped you Charlie ?

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

Izzy.

He has always been my favourite member. His imput on appetite is rock solid. The groove and feel he has is irreplaceable. The other reason is the fact that he isn't in anyway and arrogant rockstar. Whilst Axl put out War and Peace as to why he wasn't accepting or attending the Hall of Fame induction, blaming other people and whining and bitching, Izzy just kept quiet and didn't say a word. He is his own man and doesn't bow to pressure. Unlike Axl, he doesn't make a song and dance about it. he just keeps floating on by....

• Like 1

I don't really look up to any of these guys, both because they either seem to have some substantial character flaws or because I don't really know them well enough. Frank seems like a great guy, though, a well-liked and grounded father with lots of friends. Richard is a great guy, too.

Disregarding everything but music, I would have to go for Axl due to his extreme qualities as a singer, lyricist and songwriter.

I think Duff is a great example of overcoming incredibly big issues and becoming a respectable man, husband and father. Not without living life like a crazy mofo and having lots of fun. I mean, can life be better than that?

Musically, I really enjoy the work of a former Axl employee, was never a member of GNR: Robin Finck. He's an inspiration to me, I simply love what he does with his guitar. I hope to see him with NIN again now that Trent confirmed there's new music coming this year. Buckethad and Slash are also musicians I admire very much. Axl (post UYI) inspires me in how not to make music.

Axl because of his ability to withstand the storm. He's been through a ton of shit and he's still standing. He speaks his mind and doesn't care what others think and he's willing to stand up for what he believes in. Ontop of that he seems extremely loyal to the people who care about him.

Well, like Apollo (I think it was him? ) said earlier I haven't "looked up" to rock stars since I was a teenager.

But while I don't even like most of the stuff he's done post GNR I respect the fuck out of Slash for living and breathing playing guitar and deservedly becoming an icon.

Not to be morbid, but you know he will be playing till he drops, I wouldn't bet against him dying with a guitar in his hand.

Duff's battle against booze is definitely worthy of respect, I read his book (which I did find a touch preachy, to be honest but I suppose you get that) and really thought about my own drinking and what have you- which can only be a good thing.

• Like 1