Will the new line-up sound any better than '02, '06, '10 eras?

It will sound sloppy and uneven. It will sound right. As right as it could be with 2 more pieces of the puzzle. Fortus is a natural choice for rhythm with Slash. Frank classic sounding drummer, will fit right in. Dizzy Slash already played with. Pitman might sound out of place or not or you won't mind too much.

Will be fine, as long as Axl takes this shit seriously. If not, still better than nothing. I wanna see them play together again. 20 years is enough.

Bucket, Robin and Brain were as big as it gets, hard to step up that.

I guess it's more of an emotional thing now.

It's also about musical chemistry and Axl, Slash, and Duff had perfect chemistry. I think they still have that. That changes shit. Everything sounds great. With Izzy and Steven too though, it would have sounded 10 times better. Like you can hear it on Ghost with Slash and Izzy or Steven in the RNR HOF performance.

Edited by Rovim

It's also about musical chemistry and Axl, Slash, and Duff had perfect chemistry. I think they still have that. That changes shit. Everything sounds great. With Izzy and Steven too though, it would have sounded 10 times better. Like you can hear it on Ghost with Slash and Izzy or Steven in the RNR HOF performance.

Not to mention Kings of Chaos gigs with Slash, Duff, Matt and Gilby. It was incredible. Or VR's performance of It's so Easy with Izzy back in the day.

Not to mention Kings of Chaos gigs with Slash, Duff, Matt and Gilby. It was incredible. Or VR's performance of It's so Easy with Izzy back in the day.

Yeah, you can just not mention. It pales in comparison to the original 5's sound, which can only be accomplished with Izzy and Steven as part of a reunion. If Axl allows them to play together for at least one show, it will be obvious.

• Like 1

I think Niven is right when he said they still have that sonic force that drives people like Lennon shit. It's timeless and should not be categorized in that post glam-pre grunge era, or any classification.

• Like 1

I think Niven is right when he said they still have that sonic force that drives people like Lennon shit. It's timeless and should not be categorized in that post glam-pre grunge era, or any classification.

I agree, but let's not get carried away. Like Lennon, it is not. And Niven is a cunt.

But they were that briliant, or not. Civil War was probably the song that made Axl paranoid, being killed bc he said too much. It could have been more profound by quoting him.

Im sure all of them will bring their a game..

however, i'm still not entirely sold on ferrer.. sure he's a great drummer.. but theres been songs he's played where his style of play hasn't suited the song..

Look at Axl during Sweet Child at the Golden Gods, he knew all along that it will be the end of the line for DJ, or any prestation of Patience in 2014. Because it pissed off Duff.

Same with Frank he will be in the hot seat if the rams don't turn it around.

Edited by Silent Jay

I think it will, I don't dislike Ashba as much as many on here do but let's be honest his playing got sloppy as hell towards the end - case in point being the Patience solo.

My one hope for the new shows is that they bring a more stripped back approach to the songs. I love KOHD and it was always the highlight of the show for me but it did get ridiculous how long it went on for from about 2012 onwards. Given it seems we're back to a two guitar sound I'm hoping that this means that there won't be as much padding in the songs.

I guess the key factor, as always, will be Axl's voice - I hope he really puts time and effort in to get as close to 2006 and 2010 he can but considering there's no change of management who knows if he will? Maybe the fact that Slash is back will be enough to motivate him. Time will tell ultimately, if they play the UK I'll go in a shot regardless primarily to see Slash and Duff play a GN'R set together. I think it may be a bit optimistic to expect Axl to do a complete 180 vocals wise but then I'm just trying not to get my hopes up.

Edited by BassistSeb

Every line-up of GNR have sounded very good :)

This one will sound like upgraded UYI line-up... Richard is better guitar player than Gilby, Frank has better feel and drum sound than Matt on UYI tour. Plus Slash and Duff are now better players :)