What type of vocal performance do you expect from Axl?

You people took too long. I just watched a good portion of this show and Axl sounds "good enough" for me. If Axl can pull off sounding like this with Axl and Slash along side it will be great. The more members from the classic era the better and I really hope they decide to "trim some of the fat"..

There is nothing I want to see more in the world of Rock N' Roll than a reunion of the Appetite lineup. I want as close to it as it can get.. But hopefully Axl busts his ass to at least get in this form and we will have something special happening either way.

Oh.. And the credits just rolled on this show.. TEAM BRASIL is a real thing? hahahah I always thought it was a name given to Axl's management by the fans here.. Who knew? I really haven't followed NuGuns closely since about 2002.

Most people think Axl sounds pretty awful in those O2 Arena videos.

I never said he sounded great.. I just said he sounded good enough. Having Slash and Duff with him (at the very least) will make it even better. Not good enough to carry a show with a bunch of hired hands. Just trying to be optimistic. As long as he doesn't come out sounding like that VH1 award show.

You people took too long. I just watched a good portion of this show and Axl sounds "good enough" for me. If Axl can pull off sounding like this with Axl and Slash along side it will be great. The more members from the classic era the better and I really hope they decide to "trim some of the fat"..

There is nothing I want to see more in the world of Rock N' Roll than a reunion of the Appetite lineup. I want as close to it as it can get.. But hopefully Axl busts his ass to at least get in this form and we will have something special happening either way.

Oh.. And the credits just rolled on this show.. TEAM BRASIL is a real thing? hahahah I always thought it was a name given to Axl's management by the fans here.. Who knew? I really haven't followed NuGuns closely since about 2002.

Most people think Axl sounds pretty awful in those O2 Arena videos.

I never said he sounded great.. I just said he sounded good enough. Having Slash and Duff with him (at the very least) will make it even better. Not good enough to carry a show with a bunch of hired hands. Just trying to be optimistic. As long as he doesn't come out sounding like that VH1 award show.
VH1 award show?

The thing is, he performed 20 shows or such, and sounded like that in 2 of them. The last 2.

Damn, it must really be completely based on how much effort he wants to put in. I am surprised that both of the above videos sound pretty decent, and would be 10 times better live.

in the Islamic States new European provinces.

So funny.

Sometimes things are funny because it's the truth... Europe is going down the tubes, but that is too off-topic. Sorry.

But let's see, I will experience a positive surprise if Axl takes the stage in April.

Yes i think he still could pull of a good tour if he worked hard for it. train alot of cardio and take care of his voice. Atleast i hope he's not gonna screw this up, because then all the shitty magazines that only write negative stuff about Axl and the reunion gonna go haywire and his reputation gets even worse. This is his last chance to prove that he still got it. Unfortunately all the critics have their eyes on Axl..and i rather see them proven wrong this time.

So YES i think he could pull this of IF he prepare himself. otherwise his career is over.. In a perfect world i hope for 2006 vocals.

The thing is, he performed 20 shows or such, and sounded like that in 2 of them. The last 2.

Well, would you look at that... Practice makes perfect. Who would have thought?

Any professional musician should rehearse, rehearse, and rehearse some more before going on a tour. That's just common sense. It's so dumb to use the first 75% of a tour to warm up your voice so it sounds relatively decent by the end. It should sound good at EVERY show.

Any professional musician should rehearse, rehearse, and rehearse some more before going on a tour. That's just common sense. It's so dumb to use the first 75% of a tour to warm up your voice so it sounds relatively decent by the end. It should sound good at EVERY show.

While I agree completely, it's odd that he was great from the get-go in 2010. I mean, by that fourth show in 2009 he was killing it, and those were the first shows in two years.

While I agree completely, it's odd that he was great from the get-go in 2010. I mean, by that fourth show in 2009 he was killing it, and those were the first shows in two years.

He had the fire in his belly at that time!! Slowly it was replaced with chili burgers and taco bell.

It is just a manifestation of how little he respects the fans.

By showing up to every tour out of shape and not ready to go it was a direct reflection of his interest level in giving people his best.

The people at the last show are paying the same prices as the people at the first show, but that never seemed to be of any bother to him.

I don't think I've given a direct answer in this thread yet.

At the very least, he had best sound like the last two 2014 Vegas shows. He wasn't perfect, but compared to the rest of the year he was much better. That's what I would call a "passable" voice for the tour. If he can consistently sound like that without destroying his vocal cords then I'd call that the happy medium voice.

Ideally, he'll put in some training time with Duff and the improved cardio will help him pump out some 2010 vocals. Considering that was six years ago his tonality will probably be a bit different, but as far as power and rasp goes, he can probably at least recapture it. It can be done. Look at Brian Johnson - pumping out some killer vocals on the current AC/DC tour at 68 years old!

• Like 1

Thing is, there's any number of examples of frontmen still slaying it well past 50, it's just we can't trust Axl to be in the best shape of his life, not based on the last 5 or so years at least

We want him to prove us wrong of course

Slash is probably playing the best guitar of his life right now and I would imagine the last thing Axl wants is to wake up the day after a concert and read headlines like "Slash sounded great, but what happened to Axl?" so if being up on stage with him doesn't motivate Axl to get his shit together nothing will.

This is more of Charlie Brown/Lucy/football dumbass thinking from me, but the more silence that goes by from Axl, the more my hopes go up a little.

I'm really hoping the dude is hitting all the training he can right now so he comes out swinging voice wise.

It's possible that he'd actually cared enough to rehearse before that tour.

He turned up to Taipei pretty well sunned and taco'd up. People did criticize the vocals but they were doing new songs and they were on fire. Axl was in a great mood after decking that paparazzi at LAX.

I think the whole Coachella 8 mil bucks to share will fire Axl up. Slash, Duff and Axl on stage will murder.

• Like 1