What type of vocal performance do you expect from Axl?

Hoping like fuck Axl brings the thunder, sadly, I'm kind of expecting the 09-14 Axl that clearly hadn't rehearsed or gotten his voice in shape.

It's a loaded question, any GNR (especially New GNR) fan is a fucking idiot if they don't expect the worst.

This. I so hope Axl can bring it and doesn't disappoint. Expectations are so high.

Hope for the best, be prepared for the worst, I guess. But let's stay positive, I still believe :)

• Like 2

I don't think there's any correlation between Axl's weight and the Mickey voice. He was in pretty good shape in 2002 and couldn't get any rasp to save his life. I think it's just a matter of how he prepares and how he takes care of his vocal chords.

• Like 1

Slash said

To sing at his best, Axl has to be in great shape. As we understand Axl has been doing lots of cardio recently which certainly helps.

How do we know that?

Slash said Axl is on a diet and losing weight. He has even been spotted in public recently running, there was a photo released.

where did slash say this ? Did axl look thinner in the photo of him running ?

https://mobile.twitter.com/gnrfrance/status/682158579995029504/photo/1

Photo of axl doing some cardio few weeks ago. His got a few more months before the shows so if his training now his going to put on a good show.

Yeah and hes still got a long way to go. Honestly doesnt look much better than the last few years and not having facial isnt helping him either.

https://mobile.twitter.com/gnrfrance/status/682158579995029504/photo/1

Photo of axl doing some cardio few weeks ago. His got a few more months before the shows so if his training now his going to put on a good show.

Yeah and hes still got a long way to go. Honestly doesnt look much better than the last few years and not having facial isnt helping him either.

He has 2.5 months.....if he's motivated he can drop 15-20lbs easily. Especially if he works out in that hat and sweatshirt. WTF Edited by Estranged1

Brian Johnson still sings with rasp as he did 30 years ago.

Maybe Axl somehow fucked up his voice, it's never gonna be classic Axl voice again.

Shit happens.

Brian Johnson absolutely obliterated his voice. He used to be an amazing singer, with tremendous range, power and variety. Nowadays the high pitched raspy voice is all he can do, it's gritty, but raw, short and not really all that powerful. It fits AC/DC, but it wouldn't fit much else.

This is what he used to sound like:

Slash said

To sing at his best, Axl has to be in great shape. As we understand Axl has been doing lots of cardio recently which certainly helps.

How do we know that?

Slash said Axl is on a diet and losing weight. He has even been spotted in public recently running, there was a photo released.

where did slash say this ? Did axl look thinner in the photo of him running ?

It was not Slash who said this, it was his brother Ash.

Brian Johnson still sings with rasp as he did 30 years ago.

Maybe Axl somehow fucked up his voice, it's never gonna be classic Axl voice again.

Shit happens.

Brian Johnson absolutely obliterated his voice. He used to be an amazing singer, with tremendous range, power and variety. Nowadays the high pitched raspy voice is all he can do, it's gritty, but raw, short and not really all that powerful. It fits AC/DC, but it wouldn't fit much else.

This is what he used to sound like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUPXFndzRgM

Holy shit