R.I.P. David Bowie

DR DOOM

I think Bowie, like Pink Floyd, and some other bands are bands that you have to grow into. Couldn't get away with them when I was in my teens, and even in my early to mid 20's. Only started to really listen to them in their entirety in my very late 20's.

I was totally into his music in my teens. Even before that already.

Bowie's getting a beautiful memorial, a constellation of stars

http://pitchfork.com/news/62949-david-bowie-honored-with-lightning-bolt-shaped-constellation/

fdd813ee.jpg

Square-Enix is also giving away his PC game Omikron: The Nomad Soul, which has several songs from the Bowie album 'hours...' and features his likeness

https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/281956/omikron-the-nomad-soul-pc-download

• Like 1

Just curious - any more of you going to the David Bowie Is exposition? It's in Groningen (The Netherlands) right now and from what I've heard it's the exposition's final European stop. It's here until 13-3. I'm going there in a few weeks myself.

Still reeling from this death a week later. Bowie was so important to me as a teenager, I listened to all the hits and the Ziggy and Hunky Dory albums and was obsessed. The past few weeks I had been heavily playing Low, which I'm floored by. The first song that came to mind when I heard the news was "Sound and Vision." I couldn't stop bawling when I heard. But at least, he left us with a catalogue so deep and prolific, I'm still discovering gems all week.

Blackstar is a phenomenal record and amazes me every time I listen to it. This was made by a 68 year old who was fighting against time & illness, but still was able to push it through. Even without this record, his legacy was already written. If you haven't heard it, please do. A true artist. Will be forever missed.

• Like 1

Still reeling from this death a week later. Bowie was so important to me as a teenager, I listened to all the hits and the Ziggy and Hunky Dory albums and was obsessed. The past few weeks I had been heavily playing Low, which I'm floored by. The first song that came to mind when I heard the news was "Sound and Vision." I couldn't stop bawling when I heard. But at least, he left us with a catalogue so deep and prolific, I'm still discovering gems all week.

Blackstar is a phenomenal record and amazes me every time I listen to it. This was made by a 68 year old who was fighting against time & illness, but still was able to push it through. Even without this record, his legacy was already written. If you haven't heard it, please do. A true artist. Will be forever missed.

Perfectly stated.

• Like 1

Cuntye West wants to do a Bowie covers album, Lord, please, kill him.

Just when you think Kanye can't make you any more than you already do, he comes up with something like this. Got to give the guy props for that.

If by props you mean a hollow point through the forehead at point blank range then yes.

• Like 1

Just when you think Kanye can't make you any more than you already do, he comes up with something like this. Got to give the guy props for that.

If by props you mean a hollow point through the forehead at point blank range then yes.

You read my mind Leonard.

• Like 1

fuck kanye west.

Urgh, no, let Kim do it, she's getting the money out it!

Better yet, let the woman of the year(woman with a handbrake) do an album of covers, comparing herself with Bowie in the process And use a lot of autotune.

• Like 1