R.I.P. David Bowie

DR DOOM

This shows our fuckin' culture up for what it's fuckin' really worth, BBC website 'In a career spanning 51 years and a net worth of 135 million..', well done dickheads, classy!

BBC news coverage of Bowie's death was hideous this morning. Watching the ever-predictable, odious talking heads and the conservative presenters in their suits who wouldn't know creativity if it came and defecated in their faces... reading out a litany of celebrity tweets from the likes of Kanye West and Eddie Izzard of all people, as if that's all they could think of to say on the matter... made me sick to the fucking stomach. I turned it off and put on one of my Bowie records. The man himself would've likely brought up bile watching this sorry excuse of a tribute.

Edited by Towelie

'Frances Bean Cobain' he made it OK to be weird!

Thats ALL you sussed from it, really? Piers Morgan doing write ups, fuck me this man hob-nobbed with William S Burroughs and the like and thats the best you can come up with to do a write up for him?

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

'Frances Bean Cobain' he made it OK to be weird!

Thats ALL you sussed from it, really? Piers Morgan doing write ups, fuck me this man hob-nobbed with William S Burroughs and the like and thats the best you can come up with to do a write up for him?

They introduced some tart on BBC news this morning who "worked closely and knew David personally."

She opened by saying "well, I didn't really know him", they then asked her what he was like to work with and she replied "I never actually worked with him."

:lol:

Edited by Towelie

This shows our fuckin' culture up for what it's fuckin' really worth, BBC website 'In a career spanning 51 years and a net worth of 135 million..', well done dickheads, classy!

BBC news coverage of Bowie's death was hideous this morning. Watching the ever-predictable, odious talking heads and the conservative presenters in their suits who wouldn't know creativity if it came and defecated in their faces... reading out a litany of celebrity tweets from the likes of Kanye West and Eddie Izzard of all people, as if that's all they could think of to say on the matter... made me sick to the fucking stomach. I turned it off and put on one of my Bowie records. The man himself would've likely brought up bile watching this sorry excuse of a tribute.

I'm glad you thought twice and edited that. ;)

The MSM will always behave the same with every passing, if you loved an artist, any artist, then playing and continuing to enjoy their music is simply the best tribute there is.

I'm glad you thought twice and edited that.

Can't even remember what I put originally....

I'm glad you thought twice and edited that.

Can't even remember what I put originally....

My mistake, you didn't. That was your other post. What you wrote about Lemmy was uncalled for, I think you should edit it if you want the remaining post to stand. No need to trash another recently departed person.

Well I am lost for words. He was a true genius. So sad he had to go. And from cancer too. I've known someone had liver cancer, died just months after diagnosis.

He is an icon for so many, even my four year old is a fan.

Now he and Freddie can perform Under Pressure again.

What a shock. Bowie was an absolute icon - absolutely larger than life. It's so much harder to stomach because, with him being so private, no one had any clue he was sick. You look at the quality of Blackstar, the videos, and the promo shots for the album - he looked like he was at the top of his game and healthier than ever. And then 3 days later...this :(

Truly an artist in every sense of the word.

What can I say, the man was an enigma, his contribution to culture is immeasurable, and every phase of his career was far from boring.

He got to make his final "statement" instead of having someone cobble together outtakes, unfinished recordings and call it a new album. No loose ends. There's plenty of unreleased material to put out there for generations to come but at least he got to write the final chapter. I'm sure whatever happens with any unreleased stuff, he's already planned it out.

Part of why he "disappeared" was because he wanted quality time with his daughter, he was in his mid 50s when she was born. He seemed content to work Iman's social media *L*. Years ago, he also helped raise Sean Lennon when he went to school in Switzerland as well as his son Duncan.

He'll never go away. People will still be talking about his contributions 100 years from now, there's no doubt in my mind.

• Like 2

I dunno why everyones saying no one had any idea he was sick, i mean it was quite clear something was the matter, i recall it being touted as heart problems, he stopped touring and all that.

Bowie having a heart attack was common knowledge for anyone who cared to Google it but him having cancer was not which is most likely why there is so much surprise on the forum......In fact I read reports this past year about how healthy the man was so he did an amazing job keeping his illness private.........

• Like 1

I dunno why everyones saying no one had any idea he was sick, i mean it was quite clear something was the matter, i recall it being touted as heart problems, he stopped touring and all that.

Bowie having a heart attack was common knowledge for anyone who cared to Google it but him having cancer was not which is most likely why there is so much surprise on the forum......In fact I read reports this past year about how healthy the man was so he did an amazing job keeping his illness private.........

This.

What cracks me up about Bowie is all these people that are like 'oh he did so much for gender politics' and like...the truth is he was just a randy old goat interested by and large in his music, all this other stuff that people credited him for he largely considered a load of bollocks.