R.I.P. David Bowie

DR DOOM

David Bowie has had a huge impact on my life for the past few months. It was Changes that helped me grieve the loss of my Grandma last month. It was Sound And Vision that I have woken up to every morning for the past few weeks. It was Starman that I listened to nonstop whenever I felt down.

RIP David Bowie

You know you're a rudeboy when John Lennons doing your backing vocals. 'yeah uh, just stand over there Beatle and follow me in' :lol:

tumblr_nj63gcApg51u72e31o1_1280.jpg

A young man on his way to the Hammersmith Odeon :D Apparently he thought he looked like Bowie as a lad :lol:

Same show Steve Jones helped himself to Bowie's gear. Allegedly.

• Like 1

Just heard Low for the first time. Still don't really get it.

I'm a huge Bowie fan, but kind of like Rush its a very specific period of their career. I truly ONLY like Spiders From Mars Bowie. There's assortments of other things I enjoy, but I just LOVE that era. Nothing else even touches it in my mind, even though people LOVE his Berlin era, people love his new stuff. Just being completely honest, I've never "gotten" his stuff after Spiders.

Through Pins Ups, I think that was one of the best runs and bands in the world. Diamond Dogs to me is a drop off, although I don't mind it. Love Rebel Rebel obviously, and oddly enough the title track on that album is probably my favorite Bowie song of all time (tied with Watch That Man). The rest of the album is kinda meh to me, a few others I enjoy but definitely a drop off IMO. Station To Station is an album I like, although one that took a lot of time. Didn't used to, but it grew on me, especially with the deluxe edition from probably 5 years and now I "get" the love for that album.

Otherwise, the rest of his career probably fits on one CD for me. I love the song Young Americans. Always hated Fame. Heroes the song is outstanding but have never heard the album. Ashes To Ashes is great. Modern Love is great. Cat People is fine, but mainly cause of Tarantino. I'm Afraid Of Americans is a classic. Oddly enough, the ONE latter day Bowie album I love is Hours. No idea why, but that one just hit and seemed straightforward to me. Of course its the one he wished time would forget. But yeah, Outside, Heathen, Reality all do nothing for me. A few good songs between them (Uncle Floyd/Slip Away, Afraid) but otherwise I've just never gotten the huge praise.

Just my two cents. I still certainly think he's a genius, and he's definitely one of those few artist that even though I don't like a majority of his career, I ADORE that certain period so much that he still stands up as a great for that alone. I wish I understood what all the fuss is about with his other stuff but probably never will. Really like the Reality Tour live album, but am not kidding myself that it compares to the classics. Also should be talked about more his amazing producing skills with people like Lou Reed and Mott The Hoople. He set those guys up with their best records.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/music-news/12092385/David-Bowie-dies-from-cancer-latest.html#update-20160111-2240

Fucking vultures, that is all kinds of fuckin' wrong. The Angie bit i mean, fuckssake, your gonna film a woman bursting into tears at the news of a loved ones passing, really?

Edited by Len B'stard

“It was my nemesis, I hated Croydon with a real vengeance. It represented everything I didn't want in my life, everything I wanted to get away from. I think it's the most derogatory thing I can say about somebody or something: ‘God, it's so f**king Croydon!’”

-David Bowie

Brixton, tonight...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35287268

“It was my nemesis, I hated Croydon with a real vengeance. It represented everything I didn't want in my life, everything I wanted to get away from. I think it's the most derogatory thing I can say about somebody or something: ‘God, it's so f**king Croydon!’”

-David Bowie

Brixton, tonight...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35287268

See? Didn't i tell you that? :lol: Croydon had that reputation, of being a horrible poncey sort of place, right up until the early 90s.