R.I.P. David Bowie

DR DOOM

Really appreciating "hours..." quite a bit right now. Songs like The Pretty Things Are Going To Hell, If I'm Dreaming My Life and Something In The Air are really very underrated.

The title for that is taken from Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell by The Stooges

I found that out yesterday. Really gotta check out Raw Power soon.

I saw The Idiot in a charity shop for 50p the other day so picked that up. Haven't listened to it yet though.

I've been really digging The Next Day lately myself. I didn't give it much of a chance when it came out (I was too busy being a metalhead to listen to "slow" stuff) but now I'm really seeing it as a pretty dang great album.

Oh, absolutely beast of a record.

Where Are We Now, Valentines Day, You Feel So Lonely You Could Die, Heat and the title track are all epic tracks. The whole album is amazing though.

• Like 1

not surprised in the slightest that len fell for the weak tmz bait

Cardi, right on queue to defend his gay lover Kanye West :lol: Have you heard the word on his new album? It's gonna be 'the greatest album of all time'. Guess who gave it that little review? Go on, you'll never guess. Did ya guess? Yep, thats right, he did! 'The greatest album of all time', mmmhmmmm! :lol:

There's a ton of stuff in the vaults including full albums worth of material and he owned all of it. Maybe "Toy" gets an official release. I have a feeling they're going to do a monster box set of the "Berlin era" especially after the mammoth Bob Dylan 1965-1966 Bootleg Series was released.

http://pitchfork.com/news/63128-david-bowie-planned-long-list-of-archival-compilation-releases-lazarus-cast-recording/

BowieNet chat archive

http://www.bowiewonderworld.com/chats/

And his artwork

http://www.bowieart.com/default.asp

Edited by dalsh327

First time I saw Bowie was on Valentine's day night in 1973. One of the all time best shows ever.

Ziggy and the Spiders from Mars came on at 11:00 p.m. and David was like nothing I've ever seen before. Kick ass rock songs, awesome costumes changes and Mick Ronson was just so pretty.

Bowie was my all time favorite in the early 70's. He and his band changed the face of music too.

He will so be missed, but his music will live on.

On 19.1.2016 at 7:25 PM, Towelie said:

Cuntye West wants to do a Bowie covers album, Lord, please, kill him.

The term "pearls before the swine" springs to mind.

I thought about 'wiping your arse with silk'. If he is really going to do that I hope someone has the decency to fucking Mark chapman him.

Lori Maddox's story of losing her virginity to Bowie at 15 has been around for years, but after his death it has resurfaced and self-righteous bloggers have been bringing it up, making her out to be a victim. She has repeatedly said she has no regrets, knew what she was doing and wouldn't change a thing. I don't condone statratory rape, but losing your virginity to Davie Bowie is a damn good story to tell. 

This album was recorded before Bowie died and is actually a tribute to producer Giorgio, who produced the original for Bowie. But Shooter said it's now like a tribute to Bowie too. I think they do a damn good job and I'm not even a big Manson fan.

On 2/11/2016 at 2:07 PM, Estranged Reality said:

this is incredible.

Carlos Alomar, George Murray and Dennis Davis deserve way more recognition than any of them have ever gotten.

Chuck Eno, Fripp and Belew in there too.

At least Mick Ronson has sort of been given his due a bit over the years.

48 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I just cannot fathom Bowie. Typical '70s spunky mouth wanker like Elton. Ziggy fuckin Stardust? What nonsense is that? Ziggy Stardust haha!

Fair enough if you just don't like him, but there was/is so much more to the guy's music than "Major Tom", "Ziggy" and "glam rock".

Likening him to Elton is wholly unfair too, but you probably already knew that and are just going for a nice blanket write off.

17 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I just cannot fathom Bowie. Typical '70s spunky mouth wanker like Elton. Ziggy fuckin Stardust? What nonsense is that? Ziggy Stardust haha!

Sort of like people who can't fathom Neil Young or the Rolling Stones...... people have different tastes in music............go figure.........:shrugs:.............;)

Edited by classicrawker