Dizzy Reed Performs Civil War With GN'R Tribute Band (Video)

I half expected the first reply in this thread to be the obvious joke of posting a post-2011 Guns performance of this song and saying "Dizzy's been playing it with a tribute band for years now!"

But on a serious note, I actually dig the piano in this song. I know not everybody likes the saloon-flavoured outro but I love it.

Civil War just wouldn't be the same without.... whatever the fuck Dizzy Reed does during Civil War. Pressing play on the Cold Hand Luke recording, I guess?

Hey now, that's Pitman's job!

• Like 1

This is a true story, but I am sure several of you will not believe it.

Appetite For Destruction are based out of Raleigh. When I lived down there I saw Dizzy play an entire set with them on Halloween, I believe it was Halloween 2005. The song Chinese Democracy was known already due to the live recordings of the song from 2002 and the House of Blues. Between songs in the set 'Slash' started playing the original intro of CD that jumps right into the song and I was the only person in the crowd to know the lyrics and I started singing them. 'Axl' flipped out and started making a big deal that I knew the lyrics. He then invited me onstage to sing Welcome to the Jungle with him which I absolutely butchered. As I was singing the song Dizzy just sat there shaking his head at me and laughing because I was so bad.

After the show they held a best costume contest. I had dressed up as the VMA Axl with a football jersey and the whole get up. Dizzy was the sole judge of the costume contest. As I came onstage Dizzy said "no no, fuck no, no one dressed up as a current or former GNR member can win." I told him he had to pick me as the winner and when he asked why I said "because I'm your boss". He proceeded to tell me to get the fuck off the stage. Sadly I didn't win the contest.

• Like 1