Still worried that a reunited GNR won't sell tickets?

they will pack stadiums even if prices are high. GNR has a huge fan base which includes people in their teens/20s who never got to see Slash, Duff and Axl together. Its not just older fans that appreciate this reunion/regrouping...lots of teens (who will pack the stadiums) are super excited that GNR are back.

It's true that there are teens/20s who are excited. Which is great. But teens rely on parents paying for tickets, and 18 - early 20s are often students, living on a student budget. To pack stadiums, they have to do well at Coachella, and ticket prices have to be reasonable.

Last time they came around, in 2012, I paid somewhere between £40 - £50 for a front row ticket in the first block right by the stage. With Slash and Duff on board, I would expect them to charge more. The prices mentioned, though, would be four times as much for the same seat. That is rather steep.

I know that that's the (rumoured) top price, but who wants to sit in the kind of seat in a stadium where you can't really see a thing? They're the kind of seats where you can say that you were there, but you don't get much enjoyment out of it. At least, I wouldn't.

People who are big fans, and who have enough money (not every big fan will) might be willing to pay a lot to see the band. Casual fans... I'm not so sure. Yet, as said, the cheaper seats aren't that appealing, either. And they'd probably still be the same price I paid for a really good seat a few years ago.

I'm not a huge fan of stadiums, but there is a certain kind of atmosphere that you'll only get in a stadium. As for the teen's not being able to afford the prices, well they can ask their parents to buy them a GNR ticket as a birthday present or as some sort of gift. My mother got me a ticket as a birthday present to see a band i liked when I was in my teens.

True, my parents bought me a few tickets when I was a teen. Not $275 tickets, though! Don't think I have ever received a present costing that much... Plus they'd probably have to buy two, depending on how old their kid is.

How much are One Direction tickets? No one seems to have an issue shelling out on those! :lol:

I can't believe you had me looking up One Direction tickets. :lol: From official ticket sites, they were between £43.45 and £71.50 last year, apparently.

Buying them from scalpers and other such people is a whole different matter. Some insane prices, there!

Bargain! Who needs to go to Coachella when you can see Harry and err...the other ones.

they will pack stadiums even if prices are high. GNR has a huge fan base which includes people in their teens/20s who never got to see Slash, Duff and Axl together. Its not just older fans that appreciate this reunion/regrouping...lots of teens (who will pack the stadiums) are super excited that GNR are back.

It's true that there are teens/20s who are excited. Which is great. But teens rely on parents paying for tickets, and 18 - early 20s are often students, living on a student budget. To pack stadiums, they have to do well at Coachella, and ticket prices have to be reasonable.

Last time they came around, in 2012, I paid somewhere between £40 - £50 for a front row ticket in the first block right by the stage. With Slash and Duff on board, I would expect them to charge more. The prices mentioned, though, would be four times as much for the same seat. That is rather steep.

I know that that's the (rumoured) top price, but who wants to sit in the kind of seat in a stadium where you can't really see a thing? They're the kind of seats where you can say that you were there, but you don't get much enjoyment out of it. At least, I wouldn't.

People who are big fans, and who have enough money (not every big fan will) might be willing to pay a lot to see the band. Casual fans... I'm not so sure. Yet, as said, the cheaper seats aren't that appealing, either. And they'd probably still be the same price I paid for a really good seat a few years ago.

I'm not a huge fan of stadiums, but there is a certain kind of atmosphere that you'll only get in a stadium. As for the teen's not being able to afford the prices, well they can ask their parents to buy them a GNR ticket as a birthday present or as some sort of gift. My mother got me a ticket as a birthday present to see a band i liked when I was in my teens.

True, my parents bought me a few tickets when I was a teen. Not $275 tickets, though! Don't think I have ever received a present costing that much... Plus they'd probably have to buy two, depending on how old their kid is.

How much are One Direction tickets? No one seems to have an issue shelling out on those! :lol:

I can't believe you had me looking up One Direction tickets. :lol: From official ticket sites, they were between £43.45 and £71.50 last year, apparently.

Buying them from scalpers and other such people is a whole different matter. Some insane prices, there!

Bargain! Who needs to go to Coachella when you can see Harry and err...the other ones.

He's the only one I have heard of as well. :lol:

Sad thing is, in this day and age, One Direction probably has a better shot at filling a stadium than Guns N' Roses. Even with Slash and Duff back in the fold. That band has some seriously fanatical fans!

I think success of the tour will have to do w/ the production of the tour.

GN'R should be a massive outing full of attitude and a sense of danger.

Motley Crue was able to hide behind some fabulous production and tour incredibly successfully. You almost didn't notice their fat ass singer couldn't sing and poor Mick Mars could barely move behind all those fireballs and rollercoasters.

GN'R have slowed, Axl especially. If they go out w/ that bare bones staging that the most recent GN'R tours have had, then all all eyes are on them and they have to live and die by their performance alone.

That's when the poor word of mouth comes in and ticket sales suffer. This is also why I think stadiums are a terrible idea. Ain't all about capacity and arenas are better for shows.

If they provide an experience, they'll do well. If they don't, I think people will talk shit about them being over the hill and all the haters on this board will start complaning how long Axl holds specific notes and it's all downhill from there unless they really make new music and it kicks ass.

*My 2 cents.

Big deal. Coachella sells out fast regardless. It broke records last year. Where was GnR then? Of course GnR will sell if they tour but a huge LOL at anyone who thinks GnR is the reason Coachella sold out

I do not think a reunion-market performance, or even stadium tour, will be in danger of low tickets sales. I am not concerned about that in the least, it will be a high demand for a reunited GNR

The issues will come for anything after the initial tour ends. The "new car smell" will have worn off and after people are used to Slash back in GNR it will be old hat and that will be when GNR is in danger of lower ticket sales

I do not think a reunion-market performance, or even stadium tour, will be in danger of low tickets sales. I am not concerned about that in the least, it will be a high demand for a reunited GNR

Agree, there's no problem with a stadium tour. People haven't seen Axl Slash and Duff perform together since '93. Of course tickets will sell. Guns, despite what Axl has done to it, is still a huge name in music culture. You can't attend any sporting event without hearing WTTJ or walk into a Hot Topic or Target and still not see their shirts on the rack. Classic rock stations play their songs daily. Their music videos have millions of hits on you tube. They're embedded in our pop culture that spans 2 and 3 generations. As long as they get some positive press and decent reviews, ie, Axl shows up at a decent time, no fucking hissy fits and riots, band sounds tight etc, it should be a pretty good ride.

I think success of the tour will have to do w/ the production of the tour.

GN'R should be a massive outing full of attitude and a sense of danger.

Motley Crue was able to hide behind some fabulous production and tour incredibly successfully. You almost didn't notice their fat ass singer couldn't sing and poor Mick Mars could barely move behind all those fireballs and rollercoasters.

GN'R have slowed, Axl especially. If they go out w/ that bare bones staging that the most recent GN'R tours have had, then all all eyes are on them and they have to live and die by their performance alone.

That's when the poor word of mouth comes in and ticket sales suffer. This is also why I think stadiums are a terrible idea. Ain't all about capacity and arenas are better for shows.

If they provide an experience, they'll do well. If they don't, I think people will talk shit about them being over the hill and all the haters on this board will start complaning how long Axl holds specific notes and it's all downhill from there unless they really make new music and it kicks ass.

*My 2 cents.

I mean, those Appetite For Democracy shows were overproduced as fuck.