Still worried that a reunited GNR won't sell tickets?

"Tickets sell out for Guns N' Roses Coachella"

http://news.yahoo.com/tickets-sell-guns-n-roses-coachella-063031481.html;_ylt=A0LEV1gA8JRWCBsAthJXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTByMjB0aG5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--

I know that there is already a Coachella Thread but this thread is about more than Coachella, its to address the concerns of many people that GNR isn't marketable anymore. Well now these people can read it and weep!.

• Like 1

"Tickets sell out for Guns N' Roses Coachella"

http://news.yahoo.com/tickets-sell-guns-n-roses-coachella-063031481.html;_ylt=A0LEV1gA8JRWCBsAthJXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTByMjB0aG5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--

I know that there is already a Coachella Thread but this thread is about more than Coachella, its to address the concerns of many people that GNR isn't marketable anymore. Well now these people can read it and weep!.

Coachella is their first gig - it was clear that these tickets will sell like crazy. A 25 stadium tour trough NA is a whole different story - I'm still not sure if this would be a good idea - stadiums in europe and SA would be no problem

• Like 1

I think there will be excitement to see a reunited GnR but as someone mentioned it is debatable whether they can sell out Stadiums in the U.S. on their own. Even the Stones struggle to sell out stadiums these day here........ I definitely can see them selling out 15-20K arenas but a 50-60K stadium might be a challenge IMHO

Edited by classicrawker

Coachella always sells out instantly.

Correct.. Coachella sells out instantly every year..

That being said, it will still all depend on the line up.. They will certainly sell more tickets than they have been depending what the lineup is, there may not be as much interest as there should be. A 2 keyboardist, 3 guitarist lineup for instance.. Tickets will fly off the shelves regardless in anticipation at first, but a lot of those will be bought up by scalpers and assholes for resale.

That's my thing.

I'm obviously a big GN'R fan and all, but GN'R is not the reason Coachella already sold out. It always sells out quickly due to it's reputation. We'll need to wait for an actual GN'R tour to go on sale before we can start bragging about their ability to sell tickets.

That's my thing.

I'm obviously a big GN'R fan and all, but GN'R is not the reason Coachella already sold out. It always sells out quickly due to it's reputation. We'll need to wait for an actual GN'R tour to go on sale before we can start bragging about their ability to sell tickets.

I must agree.

I'm with the majority saying South America won't be a problem, and Europe tends to get cheaper prices in comparison so they're probably okay to do stadiums there as well. North America is a much different market nowadays. If the price is right (say a flat $100 per ticket) as opposed to the $250-$300 as suggested by the initial articles then they might be okay. Arenas? No problem. If there's a slightly higher demand than anticipated they can do two arena nights in certain markets.

yeah sure.... sold out...

I wonder why there are thousands of tickets available on stubhub. Scalpers got at least half of those tickets expecting there to be a huge GNR demand. If there is no Steven & Izzy, you can bank on those stubhub tickets being less then cost in the days / weeks leading up to the event.

The Coachella sellout has very little to do with GN'R. Supposedly Eddie Trunk reported on his radio show last night that Slash's agent said there would be no interviews or press conference. If that is for Coachella, fair enough since it's a sellout. But if they plan on a stadium tour, you bet your ass they will need promotion by the band members if they want the tour to have good ticket sales.

I think that if a hybrid lineup could sell out 25 football stadiums across America, then tour dates would probably be out by now. Coachella always sells out like others have said so, can't use that as an example.

Edited by Billsfan

I suppose in this sense Coachella is a safe option for an initial reunion, no pressure around promotion in order to fill seats (although I'm sure a first time Slash/Axl appearance would sell out almost anywhere). It gives them a get out clause if it doesn't work out for any reason to say it was only ever a two night deal, whether all the fans who didn't make Coachella would ever forgive that is another matter I guess!

I suppose in this sense Coachella is a safe option for an initial reunion, no pressure around promotion in order to fill seats (although I'm sure a first time Slash/Axl appearance would sell out almost anywhere). It gives them a get out clause if it doesn't work out for any reason to say it was only ever a two night deal, whether all the fans who didn't make Coachella would ever forgive that is another matter I guess!

If Axl shows up in terrible form like Rio 2011 or Bridge School 2012, I think most fans will be OK if they don't do any shows after Coachella. The whole thing is riding on his performance because we know the other members will do a good job.

The Coachella sellout has very little to do with GN'R. Supposedly Eddie Trunk reported on his radio show last night that Slash's agent said there would be no interviews or press conference. If that is for Coachella, fair enough since it's a sellout. But if they plan on a stadium tour, you bet your ass they will need promotion by the band members if they want the tour to have good ticket sales.

It's very noticeable. Slash is normally easy-going about doing interviews and promotion. He's very amiable and good with the fans. Even for Coachella I would have expected something.

I feel this thing could fall apart at any minute and perhaps he doesn't want to over commit.

I can also see Axl and Slash wanting to avoid all the inevitable questions about how they reconciled, the issues they had etc. Especially Axl, who made the most bitter anti-reunion comments about Slash and has now done a 180. They're going to have to be thoroughly debriefed about an agreed upon story. But then again, they may just go through this whole regrouping without saying a word.

If Axl shows up in terrible form like Rio 2011 or Bridge School 2012, I think most fans will be OK if they don't do any shows after Coachella.

Absolutely not. I wann see this line-up regardless of Axl's voice condition. And I'm pretty sure there's many more people like me.

IMO they have already discussed for a US and (maybe) a European tour.But they haven't booked anything because they want to see how Coachella goes.If Axl has another Rock In Rio-Bridge School show, I don't think Slash and Duff would continue with that.The most awaited reunion in the history of music will be a disapointment and Slash&Duff don't want this.They have their own projects and they can go on with that-they did it for almost 20 years.And this is why they started rehearshals too early (I'm sure Slash's pic was from GNR rehearshals).If Coachella goes good,the road is open for tons of money to get.They surely want that.

PS: even if Axl sucks, I'd still beg for a European tour.Damn it, it's Axl and Slash together!