New Interview with Goldstein

only somewhat interesting thing is he spoke with axl last year after his mitch lafon interview and axl asked him not to do anymore interviews because he was trying to repair some relationships

Yeah found that interesting too

So did Axl repair his relationship with Goldstein? Sounds like he is really letting go of the pettiness. That's great.

only somewhat interesting thing is he spoke with axl last year after his mitch lafon interview and axl asked him not to do anymore interviews because he was trying to repair some relationships

So did Axl repair his relationship with Goldstein? Sounds like he is really letting go of the pettiness. That's great.

here's the quote when he was asked when was the last time he heard from any of those guys "I heard from axl after my mitch lafon interview and he asked me to please not do anymore interviews because he was trying to repair some past relationships and the way i look at it those relationships are repaired so that's why I decided to talk you" or something along those lines.. I guess he's cool enough with doug to call him and say that. I doubt niven got that call

Edited by spliff

Axl basically called Doug to tell him to shut up cause he was trying to mend his relationship with Slash and Doug was talking about things that caused the conflict. Not sure how Doug's talking can change anything but apparently such things matter to Axl. Anyway that doesn't mean anything changed between Axl and Doug. If this was the case Doug would never stop bragging about it.

Axl basically called Doug to tell him to shut up cause he was trying to mend his relationship with Slash and Doug was talking about things that caused the conflict. Not sure how Doug's talking can change anything but apparently such things matter to Axl. Anyway that doesn't mean anything changed between Axl and Doug. If this was the case Doug would never stop bragging about it.

Maybe he should write another letter :lol:

Yeah that´s what I find interesting about the interview. He said the inteview with Lafon was in April and Axl called him to tell him to shut the fuck up. That means that either in April or before that Axl and Slash were trying to repair their relationship.

here's the quote when he was asked when was the last time he heard from any of those guys "I heard from axl after my mitch lafon interview and he asked me to please not do anymore interviews because he was trying to repair some past relationships and the way i look at it those relationships are repaired so that's why I decided to talk you" or something along those lines.. I guess he's cool enough with doug to call him and say that. I doubt niven got that call
Niven was checking in with Slash after he left Perla?

At the moment Fernando is the manager and Del is the road manager?

Good interview. Better than Niven's... however, it was all over the place and haphazard. Mitch had a fanboy moment and was suffering from verbal dysentery.

It looks like Doug Goldstein was an Axl manager than the band manager. His tongue was so far up Axl's butt that he probably made Axl think that everybody is his enemy.

When 2 people start fighting or one person says something nasty... its usually coz of a reason. When there is no reason at all... I tend to believe that the 3rd party might have said something to rile them up. And in this case... many a times that third party could be Doug himself.

For example: Doug said that once Axl was in a good mood after his annulment with Erin and wanted to talk to Niven again. Niven started telling him that he's a failure not just as a band member but also in his personal life. It seems bizarre... ofcourse Doug first went to Niven to start the communication channel... looks like he might have said something wrong for Niven to say crap like that which seems illogical and out-of-place.

Other than that... I do believe that Axl was the last one to sign on the Steven Adler firing papers. Since he never rehearses, I believe that it was Slash and Duff who wanted to throw out Adler.

I just noticed Doug sniffin through out the interview.

I noticed hearing ice in glass.

What I understood from the interview was that managers must not be made friends... when a professional manager(s) start dealing with 'personalities' and are tackling personalities rather than work... thats trouble.

Edited by Darkness Descends

Good interview. Better than Niven's... however, it was all over the place and haphazard. Mitch had a fanboy moment and was suffering from verbal dysentery.

It looks like Doug Goldstein was an Axl manager than the band manager. His tongue was so far up Axl's butt that he probably made Axl think that everybody is his enemy.

When 2 people start fighting or one person says something nasty... its usually coz of a reason. When there is no reason at all... I tend to believe that the 3rd party might have said something to rile them up. And in this case... many a times that third party could be Doug himself.

Yeah. Look at the incident where Axl threatens Slash on stage. Why did he think Slash was trashing him to the audience? Well Doug was there to lend a helping hand.

We had a run-in in Dayton [Ohio], because both myself and Dougie thought he said something shitty to me onstage. That was the night I cut my hand to the bone. Backstage we have monitors much like the ones onstage, and while I was back there dealing with my hand, I thought I heard him take a potshot at me. I wrapped my hand up in a towel and was like, "Let's get it taken care of, so I can finish the show." I came back onstage and was a dick to him and told him I'd kick his f?!king ass in front of 20,000 people. That was f?!ked up. I was wrong, and I apologized the second I realized I was mistaken. Someone who is supporting me as strongly as he does is a hand I never want to bite.

Such a weird paranoid thing to think. Why would any of your bandmates be trashing you on stage? But this is where Axl's head was, with the help of Doug. The guy did a lot of damage to GNR imo.

• Like 1