The official GNR store

“You can never be overdressed or overeducated.” - Oscar Wilde

There is something truly reprehensible about the trend eminating from the United States of dressing oneself for "comfort" - which is merely shorthand for dressing oneself in all manner of hideous attire - sportswear and other slovenly rags. Band t-shirts would definitely fall into that category. Maybe if you are a paid roadie for the band in question it might make sense as you would also be involved in manual labour and thus ones clothing can be dictated by the company which in this case is the band. It is an effective form of cheap marketing of ones brand and it takes adantage of a certain stupidity on the part of the person who wears said t-shirt as they take a bizarre sense of pride in turning themselves into a walking billboard.

But there is truly no explanation for garish household tat bearing band logos - it really is most disturbing that a supposed individual would consciously choose to adorn their abode with what amounts to overpriced defaced junk.

Truly mesmerizing.

Ok, I see you've got definite views about clothes but I disagree. I hate people wearing formal clothes in informal situations, it is usually a sign of them having some serious self-esteem issues. There's nothing wrong in wearing sportswear in informal situations, be it band t-shirts or whatever anybody feels comfortable with. It's natural as opposed to walking a dog in a suit and a tie.

• Like 1

Men over the age of 25 should not be wearing converse, vans, hi-tops or other kid type shoes. Grown ups wear grown up clothes. Wearing T-shirts with logos or graphics on them is for teenagers. Skinny jeans are effeminate and make one look like a homosexual. Baggy jeans are low class and ugly. Whatever happened to grown men who wear adult clothes?

The appropriate shoes for men aged 25 years and older would be monks, oxfords, derbies, and loafers. Grown men also wear button up shirts and polos. NOT short sleeve t-shirts with logos, wife beaters, sports jerseys and other low brow immature styles.

Anyone else agree?

As for household items with band logos ...best suited for the trailer park or council estate.

A fool and his money...

Very funny. :P

People should wear what they want to wear. For me, as a woman, that's mainly jeans, t-shirts and hoodies. My t-shirts include Guns N' Roses t-shirts, Garfield, The Big Bang Theory, and I received three Harry Potter ones for Christmas. I also have some distinctly unflattering, but very warm and comfortable outdoorsy clothes, such as basecamp jackets, a waterproof coat and even, shock horror, thermal underwear and merino wool socks. Everyone should have merino wool socks, really. They keep one's toes toasty and completely unsmelly.

There is something truly reprehensible about the trend eminating from the United States of dressing oneself for "comfort" - which is merely shorthand for dressing oneself in all manner of hideous attire - sportswear and other slovenly rags. Band t-shirts would definitely fall into that category. Maybe if you are a paid roadie for the band in question it might make sense as you would also be involved in manual labour and thus ones clothing can be dictated by the company which in this case is the band. It is an effective form of cheap marketing of ones brand and it takes adantage of a certain stupidity on the part of the person who wears said t-shirt as they take a bizarre sense of pride in turning themselves into a walking billboard.

But there is truly no explanation for garish household tat bearing band logos - it really is most disturbing that a supposed individual would consciously choose to adorn their abode with what amounts to overpriced defaced junk.

Truly mesmerizing.

Ok, I see you've got definite views about clothes but I disagree. I hate people wearing formal clothes in informal situations, it is usually a sign of them having some serious self-esteem issues. There's nothing wrong in wearing sportswear in informal situations, be it band t-shirts or whatever anybody feels comfortable with. It's natural as opposed to walking a dog in a suit and a tie.

What is wrong with walking a dog in a suit and tie? Unless you mean the dog is wearing one of these godawful joke costumes that looks like a suit.

I wear a suit all the time when I walk my dog and women greet me like the gentleman that I am.

I suppose I do get the odd heckle from the local yobbos hanging outside the corner store but that is to be expected from brain dead simpletons.

9b162854e53701b752e2c5c8a0c2d528.jpg

As for sporting attire, it doesn't have to preclude one from looking dashing and gentlemanly.

c1a46a82a60f6e79e8d30048a9d472fe.jpg

Imagine how ridiculous one would look if he chose to turn out at the local polo derby wearing something as hideous as a hoodie which has become a sort of urban uniform for the underprivileged. Ghastly.

Edited by Jackie Treehorn

Men over the age of 25 should not be wearing converse, vans, hi-tops or other kid type shoes. Grown ups wear grown up clothes. Wearing T-shirts with logos or graphics on them is for teenagers. Skinny jeans are effeminate and make one look like a homosexual. Baggy jeans are low class and ugly. Whatever happened to grown men who wear adult clothes?

The appropriate shoes for men aged 25 years and older would be monks, oxfords, derbies, and loafers. Grown men also wear button up shirts and polos. NOT short sleeve t-shirts with logos, wife beaters, sports jerseys and other low brow immature styles.

Anyone else agree?

As for household items with band logos ...best suited for the trailer park or council estate.

A fool and his money...

This is why I'm glad that I work in radio. No real dress code, just don't show up looking like a complete slob.

To be fair, with a few exceptions, I hardly wear my concert shirts anymore, but vintage tees are still popular in the country music world, so I could still make them work if need be.

And I'm 30, so...whatever.

PS: I wear slim fit jeans, cowboy boots, and leather jackets. I guess that makes me an underprivileged slob?

Edited by The Real McCoy

Anyone else agree?

A fool and his money...

This is why I'm glad that I work in radio. No real dress code, just don't show up looking like a complete slob.

To be fair, with a few exceptions, I hardly wear my concert shirts anymore, but vintage tees are still popular in the country music world, so I could still make them work if need be.

PS: I wear slim fit jeans, cowboy boots, and leather jackets. I guess that makes me an underprivileged slob?

I guess your poor choice in attire could be explained away as being the expected norm within the world of country radio. Is that you in your avatar? You remind me of a cross between Keith Urban and Jon Bon Jovi.

You won't win any sartorial awards looking like that but I guess that is not important in your industry as you admit. I suppose looking like one of the folks probably sets your female studio guests at ease as most disc jockeys are notoriously sleazy. So you have that going for you. Now if you just ditched the leather jacket and t-shirt for a decent shirt you could definitely be considered somewhat presentable. Nice pair of wingtips and a tie and you are there.

Truly mesmerizing.

What is wrong with walking a dog in a suit and tie? Unless you mean the dog is wearing one of these godawful joke costumes that looks like a suit.

I wear a suit all the time when I walk my dog and women greet me like the gentleman that I am.

I suppose I do get the odd heckle from the local yobbos hanging outside the corner store but that is to be expected from brain dead simpletons.

As for sporting attire, it doesn't have to preclude one from looking dashing and gentlemanly.

Imagine how ridiculous one would look if he chose to turn out at the local polo derby wearing something as hideous as a hoodie which has become a sort of urban uniform for the underprivileged. Ghastly.

Honestly at this point I can't even tell if you're being serious

• Like 1

Truly mesmerizing.

I'm taking it as a wind-up.

Hoodies for the underprivileged... Oxford University has a whole range of them. :lol:

im 23 and wear band shirts and fitted jeans...its a very clean and causal look

i don't even own a suit

How do you expect to get work without a suit? You can't turn up to a job interview dressed like that. Unless you plan on being a roadie of course. You are still young and can turn your life around, you could do well to invest in a good suit and your fortunes should improve almost immediately. Have you a girlfriend? A good suit sends the ladies weak at the knees, it is the equivalent of stockings and suspenders on a fine young thing.

And for heavens sake don't get some off the rail polyester tat. You'll look awful. Go to a tailor and get a proper fitting. You'll thank me later.

i don't even own a suit

How do you expect to get work without a suit? You can't turn up to a job interview dressed like that. Unless you plan on being a roadie of course. You are still young and can turn your life around, you could do well to invest in a good suit and your fortunes should improve almost immediately. Have you a girlfriend? A good suit sends the ladies weak at the knees, it is the equivalent of stockings and suspenders on a fine young thing.

And for heavens sake don't get some off the rail polyester tat. You'll look awful. Go to a tailor and get a proper fitting. You'll thank me later.

well i do own some formal clothes where i could "look nice" if need be

i wouldn't wear that stuff on a causal outing though

Anyone else agree?

A fool and his money...

I guess your poor choice in attire could be explained away as being the expected norm within the world of country radio. Is that you in your avatar? You remind me of a cross between Keith Urban and Jon Bon Jovi.

You won't win any sartorial awards looking like that but I guess that is not important in your industry as you admit. I suppose looking like one of the folks probably sets your female studio guests at ease as most disc jockeys are notoriously sleazy. So you have that going for you. Now if you just ditched the leather jacket and t-shirt for a decent shirt you could definitely be considered somewhat presentable. Nice pair of wingtips and a tie and you are there.

Yes, that's me, and Urban and Bon Jovi are the two comparisons that I get the most, so I'll take your comments and assume that I'm on the right path.

• Like 1

i don't even own a suit

Either you're kidding, in that case well done, or your pretty much everything I can despise about a human being.

One thing everybody must understand, we're all equal, no matter what clothes you wear, no matter if you're a CEO or bum living on the street.

And while yes I can attest to most women being attracted to a man in suit. They're only attracted to you if you don't need to wear it to proove yourself outside of work.

• Like 2

Truly mesmerizing.

You're sure you'd want to be in your suit?

2014-08-06_18-41-36_31.jpg