If you could re-do the Greatest Hits album, what songs would you put on it?

I'd probably add a few live staples and some hidden gems from each album. It'd look something like this

Disc 1

1. WTTJ

2. SCOM

3. Paradise City

4. Nightrain

5. November Rain

6. YCBM

7. Rocket Queen

8. Patience

9. Bad Apples

10. Civil War

11. Don't Cry

12. Yesterdays

Disc 2

1. Mr. Brownstone

2. Double Talkin Jive

3. Knockin' On Heaven's Door

4. Don't Damn Me

5. Estranged

6. 14 Years

7. Coma

8. Locomotive

No covers would be my first objective (what with five of the 14 tracks on GH being covers). At a push I'll let them have Knockin' On Heaven's Door but that's it.

So for a one-disc Best Of, basically what we already have but with Estranged, Nightrain, You're Crazy (GNR Lies) and Rocket Queen swapped in. With It's So Easy, Mr Brownstone and Used To Love Her first in line for a two-disc release. And then I'll allow them to throw in the covers. Not sure what else other than NEW MATERIAL. And I'm assuming nothing from CD will be be making the cut.

• Like 1

No covers would be my first objective (what with five of the 14 tracks on GH being covers). At a push I'll let them have Knockin' On Heaven's Door but that's it.

I agree on the covers situation, but I would not include the UYI version of Heaven's Door. Gotta go with the live version from Ritz 88, best version of it they ever did IMHO.

• Like 1

I would not release it. 'Greatest Hits' is such a terrible title for a serious band. Zep, Floyd, Stones etc. never had an album called Greatest Hits. A 2 disc set of radio/deep cuts under the title, 'Guns N' Roses' would be sufficient.

Coma? On a Best Of? You must be joking! Meandering crap.

its their best song.

Edited by sonofnazareth

Guys it's stupid and pointless to release a GH nowadays. Any other form of release is more valid. In an age where people can actually make playlists with their favorite gnr songs, purchase individual tracks, etc... It's pointless to make a GH release when spotify or apple music can simply do that with a mere playlist and get as much promotion as an official release. A single, a live album, a concert bluray, an old show, an expanded version of AFD with bonus tracks and demos.. That would make sense. New GH? We're in 2016.

• Like 1

Guys it's stupid and pointless to release a GH nowadays. Any other form of release is more valid. In an age where people can actually make playlists with their favorite gnr songs, purchase individual tracks, etc... It's pointless to make a GH release when spotify or apple music can simply do that with a mere playlist and get as much promotion as an official release. A single, a live album, a concert bluray, an old show, an expanded version of AFD with bonus tracks and demos.. That would make sense. New GH? We're in 2016.

people could make cassette tape compilations back in the day too, but they still released GH albums.

Fuck greatest hits, get a proper live album out without weird choices from the stack of UYI board recordings and add a couple of new tracks as an incentive for the hardcore to buy the bootlegs they already own.

Edited by SoundOfAGun

It's so Easy

My Michelle

Sweet Child O Mine (Live Ritz 88)

Paradise City

14 Years (Outtake, Remastered)

November Rain (Acoustic, Remastered)

Crash Diet (Remastered)

Dead Horse (Live RIR 91)

Estranged (Live RIR 91)

Double Talking Jive

Don't Cry (Alter lyrics)

Garden Of Eden

Civil War (Demo Remastered)

There was a time (Demo 99 remastered)

IRS (99 Remastered)

Oh my god (Remastered)

New song

New song

Better (DJ Ashba remix)

Rhiad And The Bedouins (Buckethead Demo)

Disc 1 (The "G" Songs)

1.Its So Easy

2.Mr. Brownstone

3.Welcome to the Jungle

4.Paradise City

5.Nightrain

6.Civil War

7.You Could Be Mine

8.Chinese Democracy

9.Better

10.(a new rocker)

Disc 2 (The "R" Songs)

1.Sweet Child O' Mine

2.Patience

3.Rocket Queen

4.Don't Cry (Original)

5.November Rain

6.Yesterdays

7.Pretty Tied Up

8.Estranged

9.Street of Dreams

10.(a new ballad)

Note: aside from what would be the two new songs, I used either legit radio singles or promo singles. So I think these could all at least kinda count as "hits."

It's so Easy

My Michelle

Sweet Child O Mine (Live Ritz 88)

Paradise City

14 Years (Outtake, Remastered)

November Rain (Acoustic, Remastered)

Crash Diet (Remastered)

Dead Horse (Live RIR 91)

Estranged (Live RIR 91)

Double Talking Jive

Don't Cry (Alter lyrics)

Garden Of Eden

Civil War (Demo Remastered)

There was a time (Demo 99 remastered)

IRS (99 Remastered)

Oh my god (Remastered)

New song

New song

Better (DJ Ashba remix)

Rhiad And The Bedouins (Buckethead Demo)

Is this a joke?

people could make cassette tape compilations back in the day too, but they still released GH albums.

1- There was loss of quality. Now there isn't.

2- You actually had work. Now you don't.