Does Axl have the possibility?

Dont mind on my english...

Does Axl have the possibilities of recover the time lost by GNR between 199d3 and 2015?... Im not saying that Gnr did nothing through these years, but, like some famous artist said in the past, GNR could be the new Rolling Stones, and when GNR dissolved, dissolved any possibility of that.

My question is, if Axl and GNR have the possibilities and the time to be the bigger band in the world, Axl now´s 53, and Slash 50... same Duff.... the have 15 years to do everything that they didnt in 20 years????

Does Axl have the possibilities of recover the time lost by GNR between 199d3 and 2015?... Im not saying that Gnr did nothing through these years, but, like some famous artist said in the past, GNR could be the new Rolling Stones, and when GNR dissolved, dissolved any possibility of that.

My question is, if Axl and GNR have the possibilities and the time to be the bigger band in the world, Axl now´s 53, and Slash 50... same Duff.... the have 15 years to do everything that they didnt in 20 years????

It's not impossible, however it is improbable. Axl screwed his own career. He'll always be seen as the crazy guy who became a joke.

It's not impossible, however it is improbable. Axl screwed his own career. He'll always be seen as the crazy guy who became a joke.

Perhaps, but given his issues I think it's pretty impressive what we did get out of him from 85 to 91. He and his bandmates created a lot of amazing songs during that time.

7 years left until Axl is 60 years old. Plenty of time to do some cool things with Guns before it's too late. That means there's a chance of great shows and perhaps even a good album. There's still some time left, but it's getting late.

And I don't mean Guns is gonna deliver another Appetite or whatever, but there's a chance to make the final chapter of the band great imo.

• Like 2

Axl Rose is the Number 1 front man of all time I know deep in my heart that axl can still pull it all off at least until hes 75

He has the ability to be a great frontman. Does he have the desire or the will is a different question.

The band has proven they can kick ass - they are healthy all in great shape. Axl totally wasted 15+ years of prime vocals. We should have (solo or his little NuGnR experiment) 5+ albums of material...he was lights out vocally.

But here we are- Springsteen, Dickinson, Jon Bon Jovi, even Tyler and Jagger have all proven that despite being old (50+) they can still bring it. Jovi regularly plays 2.5-3 hour sets (say what you want about Jon's voice...he has his moments) and Springsteen plays 3+ hour shows nightly. Axl needs to be motivated and in shape. His vocals will never be like they once were, but that's OK, if he gives us the effort anything is possible.

If Axl had retired before the Slash reunion, most people wouldn't even know. The last image of him would be those Vegas shows, which isn't good, no matter what nuGNR fans want to think. In the public consciousness, he was someone who belonged on one of those "where are they now" lists.

But since the reunion with Slash, interest in him has bolstered and he has the opportunity to turn things around. If he gets his shit together, at the very least, he could go out with some dignity.

Musically, Izzy/Slash/Duff could definitely do good things and be a legitimate force. They could ride this out for 5 or 10 years. Whether Axl can keep up with them, is in his hands. Does he want to do the work and does he want to commit himself as he once did? He doesn't have to be 25 again, but he does need to be a whole lot better than he's currently been, and he needs to be productive. Two, even three albums in the next 10 years from the classic guys would be great, and has the potential to recapture some of the ground lost by nuGNR.

Best case scenario: Reunion/Regrouping tour with Axl and company in top form, followed by a back to their roots, badass rock album. Another tour... then who knows from there. Maybe a farewell tour or another album if lightning happens to strike twice with this core group of guys.

Recover the time lost?

No, not without a time machine obviously.

Could they still make a great album?

Sure, anything is possible, it's probably not going to happen, though. Most artists have their creative peek in their 20's and 30's. Doesn't mean they can't write some really good stuff together anymore, but don't expect it to be as good as before even if they decide to make another album (which I don't see happening anyway, but who knows... I didn't expect Slash and Axl ever to do a show together again either)

Edited by EvanG

If Axl had retired before the Slash reunion, most people wouldn't even know. The last image of him would be those Vegas shows, which isn't good, no matter what nuGNR fans want to think. In the public consciousness, he was someone who belonged on one of those "where are they now" lists.

But since the reunion with Slash, interest in him has bolstered and he has the opportunity to turn things around. If he gets his shit together, at the very least, he could go out with some dignity.

Musically, Izzy/Slash/Duff could definitely do good things and be a legitimate force. They could ride this out for 5 or 10 years. Whether Axl can keep up with them, is in his hands. Does he want to do the work and does he want to commit himself as he once did? He doesn't have to be 25 again, but he does need to be a whole lot better than he's currently been, and he needs to be productive. Two, even three albums in the next 10 years from the classic guys would be great, and has the potential to recapture some of the ground lost by nuGNR.

If it's true they are getting $14m just for the two gigs at Coachella, you can't help but feel this entire thing is a giant cash grab. That recent photo of Axl gives pretty much no hope that he gives a rat's ass anymore. He's got 3 months to get his shit together. I have a feeling he will just continue the way he has in recent years, which is not good at all.

If it's true they are getting $14m just for the two gigs at Coachella, you can't help but feel this entire thing is a giant cash grab. That recent photo of Axl gives pretty much no hope that he gives a rat's ass anymore. He's got 3 months to get his shit together. I have a feeling he will just continue the way he has in recent years, which is not good at all.

Hopefully not, but you never know. If I knew all eyes were going to be on me, I'd have my ass in shape and singing every day. People can't give you shit if you look good for your age (it's just part of the job) and sounding great. He needs to come out strong, sing all of the hits great, and finish strong. We know that is all anyone will pay attention to.

• Like 1

Hopefully not, but you never know. If I knew all eyes were going to be on me, I'd have my ass in shape and singing every day. People can't give you shit if you look good for your age (it's just part of the job) and sounding great. He needs to come out strong, sing all of the hits great, and finish strong. We know that is all anyone will pay attention to.

He has dug himself a pretty deep hole with a lot of people with the various antics over time. Even if he delivers great performances and looks good, people will still give him a lot of shit. As far as having all eyes on him, he had that at Rio 2011. How many hundreds of thousands were at that show and how many millions were watching on Brazilian TV plus Internet streams around the world? Even with all of that scrutiny on him, he showed up completely unprepared. I expect more of the same.