The Oscars 2016 [Nominations]

Nosaj Thing

My take on the whole thing:

-Rock was fine but overdid it with race jokes throughout a tad bit.

-I like Grohl but I'm sick of seeing him everywhere. 

-Not a Gaga fan but her performance was for a very important cause so for that it was pretty moving and powerful. Very brave of the men and women to stand on that stage considering what they went through.

-Glad Mad Max won the most! But Miller should've also won for best director. Alejandro won cause of a gimmick. Not saying his film was all that bad, but it was overhyped thanks to a gimmick.

-Didn't see Bridge of Spies but I don't get why that guy won for supporting actor when all the other nominees seemed far more interesting imo. 

-Happy with the winners of Supporting Actress and Lead Actress.

-It was nice seeing BB8 in the flesh :)

-Happy Spotlight won.

-Now for the big one...I'm happy Leo won just cause it was long overdue, and his speech was very classy. But this role was far from his best. 

-Overall: far from the best oscars ever but still a pretty solid show and a bit of an improvement from recent years in some ways.

EDIT: my head is drawing a blank at the moment. Did martian win anything? Damn shame if it didn't. Oh yeah and fuck that new Bond song.

Edited by rocknroll41

Chris Rock is the most racist motherfucker in the mainstream celebrity.

He's the jacked up n#$ger equivalent of a black face routine, all he ever does is go on and on about white people.

And the reason Will Smith hasn't won an Oscar is because he sucks, not because he's black.

43 minutes ago, DR DOOM said:

He's the jacked up n#$ger equivalent of a black face routine, all he ever does is go on and on about white people.

And the reason Will Smith hasn't won an Oscar is because he sucks, not because he's black.

Are you for real on Chris Rock? He has a whole routine on making fun of blacks (his best routine IMO):

Never got the appeal of Mad Max as I thought it was a horrible movie but guess I can see why it won awards in so many minor categories....Glad to see DiCaprio finally win an Oscar as i thought he should have won it sooner  but he was lucky as it  was not a great year for epic movies in Hollywood IMHO.......

6 hours ago, DR DOOM said:

Damn dude, relax. 

Chris Rock is cool. Highly doubt he's racist against white people :lol:

You sound like you may be harboring some angry prejudice though

• Like 2

Anyone thinking Jacob Tremblay should at least haven been nominated? I was blown away by his performance in Room - great movie too. Brie deserved the award for best actress.

Also Sicario should definitely have been nominated for best picture. Sick film.

15 hours ago, Dan H. said:

Damn dude, relax. 

Chris Rock is cool. Highly doubt he's racist against white people :lol:

You sound like you may be harboring some angry prejudice though

I hate everybody equally, I'll have you know.

Especially wet lefties, which you come across as.