Is anyone sad that the Chinese Democracy era is over?

On a completely selfish note, I am sad that it is going to be mega hard and expensive to get concert tickets for them now. The shows I attended from 06 to 12 were sold out or close to it, but the only one that was a "get on Ticketmaster at the exact SECOND or the tickets will be gone" show was the 2006 Hammerstein one. With this coming tour I am pretty much expecting that I won't be able to afford or obtain tickets.

Edited by stella

"And now I don't know why, they wouldn't say goodbye."

I refuse to believe it's over. I like CD a lot. I still pray for CD2 and that one CD remix album to come back...

I don't think CD2 will be released with the original musicians playing the songs.

The Chinese Democracy era went on for far too long for as little music as we got. No reason to be sad it's over

you're right, The Beatles were done in 10 years.

The AFD line up only released 1 real album.

The UYI line up only 2 studio albums in the 90s.

So 1 album in the 00s from new Guns was ok in my opinion. Axl fought hard to respect GNR legacy.

Better to have one good album than a number of mediocre ones ruining the legacy.

There are still leftovers...

if they are great, I hope they don't stay in the vault forever.

On a completely selfish note, I am sad that it is going to be mega hard and expensive to get concert tickets for them now. The shows I attended from 06 to 12 were sold out or close to it, but the only one that was a "get on Ticketmaster at the exact SECOND or the tickets will be gone" show was the 2006 Hammerstein one. With this coming tour I am pretty much expecting that I won't be able to afford or obtain tickets.

They aren't selling 70,000 seats out right away anywhere (other than maybe NYC or other big markets for GNR like Toronto) unless Taylor Swift is added to the bill. There will be tickets as low as $50. Now you may be up high but if the stadium is half full,maybe you can move down.

They aren't selling 70,000 seats out right away anywhere (other than maybe NYC or other big markets for GNR like Toronto) unless Taylor Swift is added to the bill. There will be tickets as low as $50. Now you may be up high but if the stadium is half full,maybe you can move down.

They need to prove their reliability first and then they will start selling out stadiums. At the moment, they are in Hendrix territory (4 albums) and if he were alive, would not be able to sell out stadiums across the world. Give the fans great new music, get number one singles, prove to the world that you give a shit and are in it for the long haul.

It seems like the promoters are just delusional or overexcited. I could see it being the same arenas but with higher ticket prices.

maybe 2-3 of these stadium shows could work though. Maybe they will try to do as big a show as possible. If there was 1 50k stadium show it would sell out?

Edited by wasted

Which 25 N. American Cities will it be? My guess is San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Vancouver BC, Phoenix, Denver, Kansas City, Dallas, Houston, Chicago, Minneapolis, Detroit, Toronto, Montreal, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Baltimore/DC, NYC, Boston, Atlanta, New Orleans, Raleigh, Orlando, Mexico City,

If songs from the album are not played going forward, I will be greatly disapointed as there are 2 or 3 tracks that would be great to hear with Slash on lead.

Sad? No.

It is what it is. I love the record but I do not expect another like it, or to hear most of it live withthe new/old lineup.

Seeing the NuGNR 2002 configuration in the docklands at London, I can confirm that the experience took a massive runny shit all over my teenage dreams of seeing my favourite band. So no, it is good that they all have their toys back in their prams and some sort of line up with more than one original member is back on the cards (Dizzy doesn't count). CD was an average album and not a Real GNR record IMO. And most live Axl performances post 2010 have been horrendous.

If they had functioned like a normal band and we could be excited for legitimate future releases, then yes, I'd be sad.

Since that didn't happen and we're getting what we're getting, then no, I'm not sad.

This.

The 06-07 tour was the Chinese Democracy era waving goodbye, maybe it was over before that even, when Bucket split.

• Like 1

Not really sad, because it never materialized with full potential. 2006 would have been the perfect time to launch the Chinese Democracy. Axl had that clean cut look with cool clothes, they had great new logo and font for Guns n Roses, those chinese looking GNR letters. The leaked songs sounded good and ready. They could have released the "sequels" in 2008 and 2010. If trilogy really was his goal woth the albums too. And then from 2011 onwards move on to other themes or whatever. Too bad.

• Like 1