Is anyone sad that the Chinese Democracy era is over?

I'm not so sure the CD era is over. I mean if Fortus, Ferrer, Pittman and Dizzy are still in the band... I could see some of the material from that era being used. Guns used collaborations between West Arkeen and others on UYI I don't think Slash would have too much issue using a good song on a new GnR record. If it's good then I'm sure he'd happily keep it, especially if it fitted the style of the rest of the record (making the assumption that there will be a record) and if it would keep the peace.

I REALLY doubt we're going to be getting any of the really experimental CD era music released under the guns name while Slash is around. To be honest I don't want to hear Silkworms, or Oh my god... in fact any song that sounds like that should stay buried. More songs like Better, Street of dreams, Sorry, Shacklers Revenge? yeh, I'd be interested to hear that and to see what Slash, Duff and whoever else from the past would add to it.

Edited by Tom2112

Oh also Ron is sad. Talk about going from zero to hero to zero!

It's quite comical how huge the hype has been since he and dj and stusson left while Slash and Duff came back.

You know it's gotta sting Ron, esp since he was going on all those weird Phillipines TV shows playing SCOM by himself on acoustic guitar.

Serious question, are you autistic? If so, please ignore

I suggest you do some reading and learn more about autism.

Just being a cock, obviously

Your "hurrr durrrr Ron plays for hot meals in the third world" comments have gone from annoying to just sad. Most of your posts seem to be that copied and pasted. I remember you being a jerkoff when he came on here a few years back, too.

It's cool not to like someone's music, but you just come off as a pathetic loser

Ah well, hope I didn't upset you

I would have liked to see what ASHBA brought to a studio album. I think it would have been hilarious to hear, and it would have been a direct four steps back for Guns N' Roses in terms of musical progression.

As awesome as it is to have Slash and All back together, I am more interested in new music rather than concerts with an old catalog.

It's quite comical how huge the hype has been since he and dj and stusson left while Slash and Duff came back.

You know it's gotta sting Ron, esp since he was going on all those weird Phillipines TV shows playing SCOM by himself on acoustic guitar.

Your "hurrr durrrr Ron plays for hot meals in the third world" comments have gone from annoying to just sad. Most of your posts seem to be that copied and pasted. I remember you being a jerkoff when he came on here a few years back, too.

It's cool not to like someone's music, but you just come off as a pathetic loser

Then you're insane, because I don't remember Ron "coming on here" ever.

And yes, I get so upset about anonymous internet posts. I cried.

Oops, my bad

Still, the Ron posts get old

I'm sure there's a bunch of great unreleased CD era music and I'd seriously love to hear all of it. However, Axl completely failed himself, fans of the CD era, and his bandmates in his inability to release music or do anything properly. So the era had to end.

I agree completely. Hidden amongst the protools cut and paste will be some great guitars, vocals, and melody. The endless tinkering just meant we never got to hear it. Real shame and I really hope they do release this someday.

If there is a new album it should not be reworked CD songs but Izzy, Slash and Duff stuff.

As awesome as it is to have Slash and All back together, I am more interested in new music rather than concerts with an old catalog.

Completely agree.

chd era is not over cos pretty sure Slash will play chd songs

I'm sad cos of this regroup

So AFD era isn't over because they play some songs at gigs?

I mean that it will be over if they don't play any ChD song at coachella

which is very unlikely

I know what you mesn but you don't know what I mean.

Regardless of what they will play at coachella CD era is over. This is the reunion era we just stepped in.

Just because they may play some songs of CD it doesn't mean this era isn't over. They also play songs from the Appetite era and nobody claims this is the AFD era.

You know what I mean?

The Ron jokes crack me up!

I'm fucking happy that Axl has abandoned his fake GnR solo thing and reunited with Slash. Chances of getting more music increased a lot thanks to it.

Chances of getting new music is down to Izzy. Slash is not a prolific songwriter and the band can't rely on Duff for everything.

Edited by sonofnazareth

I really think they will release CD II with Slash and Duff involved in someways maybe. But then in 2017 it will be time to do the AFD reunion for real. Then they will put out a new AFD line up album in 2018 to take them to 2020. Then I woke up.

I don't understand keeping Frank, Fortus, Pitman if they aren't releasing some CD era material. Not because they have to but if they are trying to tour the US wouldn't the classic line crush more nostalgia?

Then if Izzy is writing with them, then the best way to do his songs is with Adler and AFD line up?

I suppose a Best of which is made up of the songs they expect to play on the US with 2-3 new tracks could be okay. I really think an AFD line up album might sell 10 mil. It could get iTunes backing.

I'm fucking happy that Axl has abandoned his fake GnR solo thing and reunited with Slash. Chances of getting more music increased a lot thanks to it.

Chances of getting new music is down to Izzy. Slash is not a prolific songwriter and the band can't rely on Duff for everything.

Slash is not a prolific songwriter? The guy that has 3 solo, 2 VR and 2 SS out since he left GNR is not prolific?

In no way I am sad that it is over, but I am sad that the era was not what I wished for, I wished that the 2001 start would have brought us:

- The whole 3 CD trilogy, one in 2002, one in 2004 and one in 2006

- Tours to support all these albums

- A consistent lineup, the 2001-2002 lineup - every lineup change after that was the step in the wrong direction (althou Fortus was a good find, but the other changes were crap)

- A decent amount of proper fan interaction, interviews etc

- Some promotion, caus the material deserved it

But it was not to be. The era was a poor effort, I love CD to bits (alhou' it is painfully over-produced), but the era had its chance and it failed. Epic fail. So am I am glad that it is over.

He's a prolific writer of riffs and solos but not actual 'songs' in my opinion. He doesn't have izzys knack of putting together the write chords to form a great song.

Izzy has been involved with nuGNR for some years. Which includes writing sessions. Yet there has been no new songs. So his involvement has changed absolutely nothing.