10 Cloverfield Lane (Cloverfield Sequel)

bacardimayne

Pretty fucking impressive he managed to make a second film without anyone know until the trailer dropped.

No shit??? I had no idea.

Looking forward to it though. Hopefully it goes into the origins as well, so we can see if the whole bit from the end of the first is legit or not.

Wasn't there a rumor about the or original monster being a baby and not the fully grown one?

Also, yes to John Goodman. Excited for him.

It's not as impressive as you think.

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/416hat/the_truth_about_10_cloverfield_lanexpost_from/

They took a movie about nuclear fallout with no connection to Cloverfield that tested poorly and changed it to a Cloverfield sequel.

I was looking forward to it before reading that.

• Like 1

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/416hat/the_truth_about_10_cloverfield_lanexpost_from/

They took a movie about nuclear fallout with no connection to Cloverfield that tested poorly and changed it to a Cloverfield sequel.

It's blood-related to Cloverfield though. Abrhams confirmed that.

It's pretty much it's own movie set in the "Cloverfield Universe".

Jesus Christ. I did have a bad feeling about this film when I saw how bizarre the trailer was

• 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, The Black said:

80% of the movie was extremely intense and brilliant. Bit of a shame about the end though...

Seems to be the concensus of most critics. I'll try to see it this weekend, looking forward to it after mostly positive reviews

4 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

This movie actually looks better than the first one.

I hate movies that are filmed through a hand held camera. It's just so annoying.

The ending was left up in the air, so I wonder how long after this sequel is and if it's in a different city other than NYC?

It's much better than Cloverfield, but in no way shape or form is it a sequel.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

I didn't care much for Cloverfield, I thought it was a big cocktease of a movie, but this looks interesting. 

Is it about anything or is a whole bunch of drama? 

It's best to go in blind and just expect a small, well crafted thriller. Which has fuck all to do with Cloverfield. 

Edited by Angelica

The first thing I said after the movie was I didn't LOVE the ending either, but when you read up it does sort of make sense. I don't really want to spoil anything, and I don't know how to add that spoil tag, but in terms of character growth most of the internet seems to think the ending is necessary because without it her character has no growth whatsoever (which goes from selfish to self less). I'm being vague just to not give spoilers, but I do see how that sort of makes sense.

Regardless, I loved the film. The first 80% was brilliant, and the last 20 didn't really take anything away from me, I just thought it was slightly jarring but it kind of works because the whole movie is a mindfuck, so once you get past what you assume is the end, it throws it on its head again, so its sort of nice that there was always something coming to make you go what the fuck. There's really no point you're sitting there knowing exactly what's happening. Kind of similar to the first Cloverfield, which I loved, but the comparisons really end there. Its its own film, and Goodman was fucking brilliant in this. The girl and guy as well, but Goodman fucking shines. He is as creepy as creepy can be, and he was just perfect casting.

• Like 1