Guns N' Roses not coming to Pinkpop 2016 (Europe)

Pinkpop boss says he find it too risky and wants to see their Coachella performance first before thinking of booking them. Can't say I blame him, Axl can turn this into a disaster (as done before).

It pretty much confirms a European tour is being planned for this summer, as long as promoters are willing to book.

http://festileaks.com/2016/01/pearl-jam-en-guns-n-roses-op-pinkpop-2016/

• Like 4

Pinkpop boss says he find it too risky and wants to see their Coachella performance first before thinking of booking them. Can't say I blame him, Axl can turn this into a disaster (as done before).

It pretty much confirms a European tour is being planned for this summer, as long as promoters are willing to book.

http://festileaks.com/2016/01/pearl-jam-en-guns-n-roses-op-pinkpop-2016/

Great job Axl! Nice reputation you have given yourself. From "World's most dangerous band" to World's most unreliable band" I hope the last 20 years were worth it in your mind.

Big talk from a few promoters.... Reality is the rest if them are clamouring to book them.

More importantly Axl hasn't really pulled any major shenanigans since 2010. He's almost been a professional, almost! ;) are these promoters talking about old gnr no shows and walk offs? I think most people agree his tardiness has subsided, and that if you go to the venue for about 10pm the band will take the stage shortly thereafter.

Big talk from a few promoters.... Reality is the rest if them are clamouring to book them.

More importantly Axl hasn't really pulled any major shenanigans since 2010. He's almost been a professional, almost! ;) are these promoters talking about old gnr no shows and walk offs? I think most people agree his tardiness has subsided, and that if you go to the venue for about 10pm the band will take the stage shortly thereafter.

We are all hoping he treats this with the most professionalism of his career.

Really? It's what the American promoters are saying if you read the Billboard article. They aren't all in for a gamble.

And Axl at Rick in Rio 2011 was everything but professional, hence the promoters not clamouring to book them, as you so boldly say. Not only are festivals forced to stick to time restraints, the 50% possibility of Axl messing up completely doesn't make having Slash and Duff standing on stage worth 3 million. He still won't rehearse, he cancelled Jimmy Kimmel, we don't know who else is in the band. All of this is not unusual for Guns N' Roses, but neither is it unusual for a promoter not to want to take these risks.

Axl doesn't like rock in rio since the 2011 troubles during the show, he doesn't like Download after the 2006 stuff throwing, Reading booking guns n roses again? Not in this life... so let's see where they play

Ribfest 2016

Starts show late, Festival has curfew pulls plug, Axl blames organizers

article-1283200643396-0af56f6c000005dc-9

Laugh it up D.J. it's not your band or reputation.

Thanks Axl.

:facepalm:

That behavior is just embarrassing.

Imagine if he was on time, he played the full set and then wanted to play more. Then it would have actually been quite cool. However due to his tardiness, yes it was an embarrassing moment...

• Like 2

We get it. GNR has to prove themselves at Coachella. What band that hasn't played out as their original selves doesn't have to prove themselves after 23 years. GNR just has a bigger hill to climb because of the past. Make your bed, and you have to lay in it. We will see what happens.

As a business professional, is not take the risk with GNR either, not without an ironclad contract. Like, they get paid only for whatever percentage of their time slot they play.

But overall, shit like Reading or wherever he did the bullhorn thing just tarnishes the reputation of the venue and the organizers. Their customers aren't happy, and as a business person, you ALWAYS keep your customers as happy as possible.

Thanks Axl.

Imagine if he was on time, he played the full set and then wanted to play more. Then it would have actually been quite cool. However due to his tardiness, yes it was an embarrassing moment...

Gonna have to agree with this. Yeah if he showed up on time and played and just wanted to play more fine but, being late because beta isn't done grooming you and you're not mentally prepared enough to do your best Mickey Mouse?!

Hey I love axl as much as anyone and I'll always defend him, here though, there's nothing to defend. So yeah.. I guess I do have a sane enough of a mind to get that he is in the wrong sometimes lol

Thanks Axl.

Gonna have to agree with this. Yeah if he showed up on time and played and just wanted to play more fine but, being late because beta isn't done grooming you and you're not mentally prepared enough to do your best Mickey Mouse?!

Hey I love axl as much as anyone and I'll always defend him, here though, there's nothing to defend. So yeah.. I guess I do have a sane enough of a mind to get that he is in the wrong sometimes lol

The worst thing about this? He sounded better than he did recently and this was a concert that was streamed to an extent. Why does he always fuck that up?

Really? It's what the American promoters are saying if you read the Billboard article. They aren't all in for a gamble.

And Axl at Rick in Rio 2011 was everything but professional, hence the promoters not clamouring to book them, as you so boldly say. Not only are festivals forced to stick to time restraints, the 50% possibility of Axl messing up completely doesn't make having Slash and Duff standing on stage worth 3 million. He still won't rehearse, he cancelled Jimmy Kimmel, we don't know who else is in the band. All of this is not unusual for Guns N' Roses, but neither is it unusual for a promoter not to want to take these risks.

I don't know how I forgot about Rio, I stand corrected!

I think the parts about them waiting to see what coachella turns out like is fair enough, but any promoter saying they aren't interested? Would be laughable. Being a promoter is all about making money and putting on the biggest shows you can; saying you aren't interested in gnr is essentially saying "I'm not in it for the money", which is flat out crazy.

Yep, Axl can be as crazy as a bag full of spiders but with the reunion getting this far they must have agreed (the three if them) that they have to be on time or very close to on time. I remember Slash saying that would be one of his main stipulations to returning.

FInd it ridiculously hard to believe that promoters don't want them. Maybe it's a money issue, they didn't want to give the band the money they wanted and the band told them to fuck off so now they're bitching around. No way they wouldn't want the biggest sensation in rock in decades just because Axl might be late...

Especially that it is made clear on all tickets that the promoter holds no repsonsibility for artist's no show or showing late.

Edited by Asia