Guns N' Roses not coming to Pinkpop 2016 (Europe)

This is what 99.9% of people think of Axl Rose

It's an NME video. That's the demographic they trying to appeal too. They're trying to appeal to appeal to students under the age of 20 who think Elbow/Kaiser Chiefs are the greatest band of all time. Half those clips where from people who weren't even watching the gig. You can hear on the video they posted on the site that they're even interviewing someone during "Welcome to The Jungle" the 2nd fucking song on the show way at the back of the crowd.

Anyone btw who suggested Guns will struggle to sell out shows in Europe is fucking crazy. If they weren't doing badly before, they're not exactly going to bomb now that Slash/Duff have rejoined.

Edited by AtariLegend

It's an NME video. That's the demographic they trying to appeal too. They're trying to appeal to appeal to students under the age of 20 who think Elbow/Kaiser Chiefs are the greatest band of all time. Half those clips where from people who weren't even watching the gig. You can hear on the video posted they posted on the site that they're even interviewing someone during "Welcome to The Jungle" the 2nd fucking song on the show way at the back of the crowd.

Anyone btw who suggested Guns will struggle to sell out shows in Europe is fucking crazy. If they weren't doing badly before, they're not exactly going to bomb now that Slash/Duff have rejoined.

Still the majority view on Axl Rose, i.e. the guy is a complete cunt.

Ask anyone who does not post on HTGTH.

It won't matter for GNR, they will plan a South America tour before they deal with stupid European festivals.

There's a ton of money to be made in SA and Japan, I think promoters are trying to get them at the price they want. It's easy to say there are fears with this band, but facts are they will sell very well and seeing as Axl is the only one that drinks anymore this will be a no brainier.

I see negotiations being rough, it's like Alan Niven said, he heard from some promoters that said right now every time they match GNR's price that management raises the asking price, so it's one of those things where they don't know what this is worth and they are trying to maximize profit.

Too much risk? Of course there's fucking risks, there's risks with everything, that's why you have contracts, i don't believe for a second that these 'promoters' won't book gnr because of the risks, its more like those festivals are too small and they can't afford gnr, fucking knobs

The problem is: no festival organizer can affort to spend 3 mil for one band - so that means they have to do a solo show with gnr - which means all they risks is on gnr (axl) to make a big show.

If you look through the comments on various news sites that reported about the reunion you wil see that even the average rock fan nowadays knows that axls voice has been fucked up over the last years and you need those average rock fans to sell out big venues...

The Coachella gig is extremly important - if they fuck this up this reunion will find a very fast end..

It would be cool if they'd play at Graspop again, but doubtful they could afford them now.

Not going to happen in 2016 as all headliners have been booked (Black Sabbath, King Diamond, Volbeat, Nightwish, Iron Maiden & Twisted Sister).

Apparently live nation were trying to arrange a warrant for a seperate concert, like AC/DC last year, probably meant for Guns N' Roses.

The problem is: no festival organizer can affort to spend 3 mil for one band - so that means they have to do a solo show with gnr - which means all they risks is on gnr (axl) to make a big show.

Correction, not every festival organizer can affort to spend 3 mil for one band Over here you have festivals owned by Live Nation Entertainment. They can easily afford Guns, the question is if they can rely on them and if demand is still as high with competing acts that are perhaps more relevant and cheaper to book. They'll still sell out their tickets so why risk booking Guns?

• Like 1

Correction, not every festival organizer can affort to spend 3 mil for one band Over here you have festivals owned by Live Nation Entertainment. They can easily afford Guns, the question is if they can rely on them and if demand is still as high with competing acts that are perhaps more relevant and cheaper to book. They'll still sell out their tickets so why risk booking Guns?

So that's exactly it IMO. People forget that Axl/GN'R have put themselves in this situation.

The whole showing up late/not knowing if they'll show up/Axl may cut the show short stuff? That worked for a while, but that era is over now. Nowadays, the powers that be can choose to just plain not book your act if there's any risk you're gonna pull that shit.

So bring Myles if Axl fucks up and atleast play some shit until Axl is ready to sing?

Why would you subject the audience to that? :lol: (I kid, I kid!)

Lol... It is funny people say Adler isn't reliable yet forget about Axl's antics. GNR has played many shows with Duff and Izzy on Vox while Axl was pissed and walked off stage.

• Like 3

So bring Myles if Axl fucks up and atleast play some shit until Axl is ready to sing?

Why would you subject the audience to that? :lol: (I kid, I kid!)

Lol... It is funny people say Adler isn't reliable yet forget about Axl's antics. GNR has played many shows with Duff and Izzy on Vox while Axl was pissed and walked off stage.

You know what? I didn't even think about that myself. I've never outright called Adler unreliable, but that's only because I've always just counted him out because of it (if that makes any sense).

On the other hand, I will say that I have pointed out that Axl is the one who needs to bring it in order for this whole thing to go down. I'm not blind to that at all, but at the same time I've just never really thought about balancing things out with Axl versus someone like Adler as you're pointing out.

Too much risk? Of course there's fucking risks, there's risks with everything, that's why you have contracts, i don't believe for a second that these 'promoters' won't book gnr because of the risks, its more like those festivals are too small and they can't afford gnr, fucking knobs

Nonsense, do a bit of reading before you spout off bullshit like that. Pinkpop had the Rolling Stones, Arctic Monkeys and Metallica playing on its last edition and is one of the biggest festivals in Europe. I doubt its got anything to do with money, and Axl has proven that he doesn't really care about contracts anyway. Fucking knob.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91JqRXKC77c

*Privileged English accent - "its not the same without Slash or Duffy" sorry, I have to stop you there! I couldn't give a toss what these hipsters think. These are the people that go to the hip festivals, and go to whatever show everyone else is talking about. If there's buzz around gnr, which there is this tool and all his friends will outbsbk the real fans and buy tickets.

• 4 weeks later...

I think the problem is not Axls antics on and off stage - the bigger problem is if he performes poor in vegas and/or coachella and it surfaces on youtube there is no chance in hell that you can still sell out stadiums anywhere in the world. Most of the average rock fans are sceptical regarding axls voice and performance and you need them to fill stadiums. They surely won't pay to say Mickey Mouse even with Slash and Duff