Rumored Concert Date Thread

The next Reading/Leeds Festival announcement is tomorrow on Radio 1 at 7:30, I just checked on a forum for the festival and Guns are hotly tipped as the next announcement. A guy who posts on the site mentioned something along the lines of Kerrang saying the band would be on Radio 1 in the morning to coincide with the announcement. Have no idea where he got that info from, I just checked Twitter and their was no mention. You can buy tickets for Reading right now, and they even do an instalment payment plan.

That makes me think it isn't GNR, I can't see them breaking silence to speak on R1 but of course stranger things have happened.

The next Reading/Leeds Festival announcement is tomorrow on Radio 1 at 7:30, I just checked on a forum for the festival and Guns are hotly tipped as the next announcement. A guy who posts on the site mentioned something along the lines of Kerrang saying the band would be on Radio 1 in the morning to coincide with the announcement. Have no idea where he got that info from, I just checked Twitter and their was no mention. You can buy tickets for Reading right now, and they even do an instalment payment plan.

That makes me think it isn't GNR, I can't see them breaking silence to speak on R1 but of course stranger things have happened.

True, doesn't quite add up...especially with the music Radio 1 plays and the audience it's aimed at. I found out Kate Lawler who does the Kerrang morning show spoke about the band for a minute or so before played Estranged, I just listened again on their site and there was no mention of them being on Radio 1 tomorrow.

• Like 1

why is this announcement at 0730 am? usually these announcements are PM.

To be fair, we all said that last time and it ended up being RHCP.

This announcement is being done on Newsbeat so people are implying it's a news event. The Kerrang thing isn't true though, no one from the band has been mentioned to be on Radio 1 tomorrow.

RandL did tweet "G" when someone asked a question about a headliner. But it's very possible it's Green Day.

why is this announcement at 0730 am? usually these announcements are PM.

To be fair, we all said that last time and it ended up being RHCP.

This announcement is being done on Newsbeat so people are implying it's a news event. The Kerrang thing isn't true though, no one from the band has been mentioned to be on Radio 1 tomorrow.

RandL did tweet "G" when someone asked a question about a headliner. But it's very possible it's Green Day.

Yeah looks like someone made that bit up, I went back and listened to the morning show and there was no mention of Radio 1.

well at least we know plans were finalised today, pitman is still in the band & its been confirmed by your friend whos probably richard fortus :D

Or it could all be fantasy :P

You could DM what was said ;)

to be honest.. Axl_Morris seems to be in the know about some things but not the correct source ;-) Lets leave it at that.

Axl in Leeds again. I guess this time he can tell the crowd that Slash is no longer in his ass, lol.

I don't get the joke.... did axl actually say something along the lines that slash was inside his ass last time??? haha, Axl is so funny, I watched a show on youtube, I think where they were in Chile and they kept throwing stuff at the band, because Faith no More went on first and Faith told them to throw stuff at the stage, and then GNR came on they were still throwing stuff, so Axl falls, and then Axl just lays on his back and sings flat on his back for about 15 minutes! axl said i'll lay here the whole show I don't give a damn! haha

Axl in Leeds again. I guess this time he can tell the crowd that Slash is no longer in his ass, lol.

I don't get the joke.... did axl actually say something along the lines that slash was inside his ass last time??? haha, Axl is so funny, I watched a show on youtube, I think where they were in Chile and they kept throwing stuff at the band, because Faith no More went on first and Faith told them to throw stuff at the stage, and then GNR came on they were still throwing stuff, so Axl falls, and then Axl just lays on his back and sings flat on his back for about 15 minutes! axl said i'll lay here the whole show I don't give a damn! haha

Leeds 2002, skip to 3:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf8FqSsQP28

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/31070-axl-hes-in-my-ass-thats-where-slash-is/