Rumored Concert Date Thread

Axl in Leeds again. I guess this time he can tell the crowd that Slash is no longer in his ass, lol.

I don't get the joke.... did axl actually say something along the lines that slash was inside his ass last time??? haha, Axl is so funny, I watched a show on youtube, I think where they were in Chile and they kept throwing stuff at the band, because Faith no More went on first and Faith told them to throw stuff at the stage, and then GNR came on they were still throwing stuff, so Axl falls, and then Axl just lays on his back and sings flat on his back for about 15 minutes! axl said i'll lay here the whole show I don't give a damn! haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf8FqSsQP28

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/31070-axl-hes-in-my-ass-thats-where-slash-is/

Haha that was funny! I bet that even made Slash laugh if he heard about it or seen it

My live nation friend says the full tour announcement is coming "very soon".

I figured they'd hold off on announcing the US dates til after Coachella.

There's really no reason for that as both Coachella and Vegas are sold out.

If they're really planning a summer stadium tour, announcing it in late April/early May is a bit late really. Especially if they're gunning for sold out stadiums.

Reading and Leeds announced. No GNR :-(

Nope, as said earlier Foals/Disclosure to headline:

CZyog6yW0AAOal0.jpg

Yeah I know, I didn't expect it really. I live just outside Leeds though so one can hope!

Having said that I would much prefer a show to a festival.

I think its a very weak announcement for Reading, I know your guys are very fond of national acts, but come on... Foals/ Disclosure...

Yeah, I sure hope for an arena show as well, but I think we have to settle for a few festival in spring/summer 2016, and hopefully arena's in the fall/winter or 2017.

• Like 1

On a festival forum I was looking at, they all seem to believe that the third headliner will be massive and 'belonging to the rock genre', based on the fact that thus far, the bill is rather weak, and secondly that there is a glaring lack of rock acts as things stand - RHCP aside.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Depends on what you read, others seem convinced that they'll book a rap headliner, for example Kanye, as they also had Kendrick Lamar on the bill last year. Third headliner could really be anything. LCD Soundsystem is also still in the running for August festivals.

So i had a fairly interesting conversation at work today. I had an appointment with a german theatre director and opera singer. he saw my gnr sweater and told he he was on the phone with slash yesterday. he told me he was asked by a big agency to put up an orchestra concert for gnr in germany this year (like metallica did).

he was asking slash on the phone, wether they habe orchestral notes or if he would have to make them himself.

the chances of that happening, he said, are 50/50. lots of issues being worked out regarding insurance.

WOW, that's a big ass revelation, thanks for sharing! I know nothing may come of it because...well...because GN'R. However, it makes me wonder what might be in the works. Am I reading it right? To me you're saying GN'R would be playing along with an orchestra, or something like that? Just want to make sure I'm not confused by the Metallica reference. I'm assuming that means it'd be like the Metallica S&M thing?

Yes, he told me they're working on a concert with the band (Guns N' Roses) and an orchestra, which he is putting together.

(Just hope Blabbermouth doesnt read this and make it public. I Promised him not to get it to the press, since i'm a journalist myself :) )

Edited by xBrownstonex
  • Like 1

Yes, he told me they're working on a concert with the band (Guns N' Roses) and an orchestra, which he is putting together.

(Just hope Blabbermouth doesnt read this and make it public. I Promised him not to get it to the press, since i'm a journalist myself :) )

MLK, LiveNation or DEAG?

I didnt ask him which agency. He was also a bit tight lipped about the city where it's gonna take place. But its gonna be in Northrine-Westphalia.

He gave me his number, so i think i am gonna ask him at some point how things are going.

What i learned from that was: Always wear your GNR sweater/shirt. You might meet people who know shit :D

Edited by xBrownstonex
  • Like 1