Rumored Concert Date Thread

1 hour ago, sofine11 said:

Not sure if it's been reported yet, but this morning the Mancow show in Chicago confirmed the Soldier field dates!!

It sure is. Anyone who says differently has never been to Pequod's. : )

Well that's rad. I have a good amount of friends in Chicago. I may slide over there for a show. I'll definitely do so if Detroit doesn't get a show. 

• Like 1

I absolutely think they can fill the Rose Bowl.  If they can play two nights in Foro Sol, I see no reason they couldn't fill the Rose Bowl in a similar sized market...of course ticket pricing will matter.  Regardless they can get enough in there to make it viable without a doubt.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tsinindy said:

I absolutely think they can fill the Rose Bowl.  If they can play two nights in Foro Sol, I see no reason they couldn't fill the Rose Bowl in a similar sized market...of course ticket pricing will matter.  Regardless they can get enough in there to make it viable without a doubt.

They can definitely fill the rose bowl. And they might even do two nights imo.

Another thing is that people dont realize is when a performer plays a stadium like Metlife or Rose bowl thats listed as 80,000 - 90,000 capacity thats the capacity for a sporting event in that stadium. When bands play a stadium they have to construct the stage at one end of the field which blocks off about a quarter of the stadium to the sides and behind the stage. They can fill the actual playing field with fans which sports obviously cant, but they lose way more seats from two or three tier of seats the stage blocks.

Thats why when Taylor Swift played Cowboy stadium which is listed at 100,000 capacity it sold out at 53,000 people. Same thing for Metlife.

Metlife concert attendance

concert attendance

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ManetsUS said:

AT&T Stadium in Dallas said the rumors of the concert being booked for the weekend of April 30th are NOT true.

The rumor didn't say AT&T though.

If AEG will produce the show in Dallas, they have Toyota Stadium. It's smaller, but there might be more than 1 show.

Or, the date is wrong.

12 minutes ago, P1g Vomit said:

They can definitely fill the rose bowl. And they might even do two nights imo.

Another thing is that people dont realize is when a performer plays a stadium like Metlife or Rose bowl thats listed as 80,000 - 90,000 capacity thats the capacity for a sporting event in that stadium. When bands play a stadium they have to construct the stage at one end of the field which blocks off about a quarter of the stadium to the sides and behind the stage. They can fill the actual playing field with fans which sports obviously cant, but they lose way more seats from two or three tier of seats the stage blocks.

Thats why when Taylor Swift played Cowboy stadium which is listed at 100,000 capacity it sold out at 53,000 people. Same thing for Metlife.

Metlife concert attendance

concert attendance

I think in most cases you can subtract about 1/4 (seats behind the stage) of the listed capacity, then add about 5-10,000 (people on the field).

So an end-stage concert at a stadium with 100,000 capacity could hold about 85,000.

This will obviously vary with the seating capacity, because if it's very low to begin with, you can actually increase capacity with a concert.

Edited by Spirit