Jessica Jones AKA The TV show that is too good for Marvel

Dan H.

Just finished watching this. This show is hands down the best thing Marvel has done in their MCU.

All complaints I had about Marvel lacking compelling villains were thrown out the window when they brought out Killgrave. In fact Killgrave rivals Heath Ledger's Joker for me.

Every single episode is jaw droppingly dark, clever, violent, horrifying, and nihilistic. It's the darkest and most suspenseful and horrific superhero pop culture creation I've ever seen.

Highly recommended to fans of Marvel, Sci-fi horror, and Hitchcock-esque mystery and suspense.

By far and away the best television show I've seen in years, up there with Breaking Bad.

Discuss, tag spoilers.

Edited by Dan H.
  • Like 1

Total snoozefest. I made it through one cliche-filled episode before turning it off.

So you didn't watch it is what you're saying

Daredevil is fantastic, but I put Jessica Jones above it. First episode is slow, picks up once Killgrave comes into play

It's tough to fully embrace a story that has someone with that kind of power and have them just deal with ordinary situations. Go fight Magneto or something.

We've seen people fight Magneto. Killgrave isn't going for world domination, he is just selfish, irresponsible, and delusional. We haven't seen a super villain wielding so much power with such little regard for the consequences or implications of it in any of the MCU movies or shows before

Edited by Dan H.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

Six episodes down and my o my real gripe is the cop that came out of nowhere and just kind of turned vigilante and started helping out.

Still enjoying it a bit more than I was Daredevil though.

Oh dude, yeah that guy sucks ass.

Honestly going with the rape and arrogant masculinity themes they throw around, it would have made way more poetic sense if the talk show lady had just refused to forgive him, didn't let him into her house, and he never showed back up again.

He gets way worse and way way more convoluted and confusing though