R.I.P. Glenn Frey (Eagles)

username

It is with the heaviest of hearts that we announce the passing of our comrade, Eagles founder, Glenn Frey, in New York City on Monday, January 18th, 2016.

Glenn fought a courageous battle for the past several weeks but, sadly, succumbed to complications from Rheumatoid Arthritis, Acute Ulcerative Colitis and Pneumonia.

The Frey family would like to thank everyone who joined Glenn to fight this fight and hoped and prayed for his recovery.

Words can neither describe our sorrow, nor our love and respect for all that he has given to us, his family, the music community & millions of fans worldwide.

Cindy Frey | Taylor Frey | Deacon Frey | Otis Frey

Don Henley | Joe Walsh | Timothy B. Schmit | Bernie Leadon | Irving Azoff

Its Your World Now

Written by Glenn Frey and Jack Tempchin

From the Eagles Long Road Out of Eden album

A perfect day, the sun is sinkin low

As evening falls, the gentle breezes blow

The time we shared went by so fast

Just like a dream, we knew it couldnt last

But Id do it all again

If I could, somehow

But I must be leavin soon

Its your world now

Its your world now

My race is run

Im moving on

Like the setting sun

No sad goodbyes

No tears allowed

Youll be alright

Its your world now

Even when we are apart

Youll always be in my heart

When dark clouds appear in the sky

Remember true love never dies

But first a kiss, one glass of wine

Just one more dance while theres still time

My one last wish: someday, youll see

How hard I tried and how much you meant to me

Its your world now

Use well your time

Be part of something good

Leave something good behind

The curtain falls

I take my bow

Thats how its meant to be

Its your world now

Its your world now

Its your world now

http://eagles.com/news/266763

Man... The greats are dropping like flies! :( Absolutely loved Frey and the Eagles!

I feel lucky to have seen them live twice.

Edited by username
  • Like 2

Super sad.

Wasn't even an Eagles fan till I saw the documentary a few years ago. I knew the hits, but saw the doc and explored the rest of the music. I was blown away when I discovered great stuff like Chug All Night, Tryin', Nightingale, Out Of Control, Certain Kind Of Fool, You Never Cry Like A Lover, James Dean, On The Border, Visions, and so on and so on. GREAT great songs that I was sad I just discovered.

I know Glenn was a dick, but he made some great music. I KNEW I should have seen them on the last tour with Bernie, but I thought I had just become a fan and it was too much to spend on a band like that. Had I been a fan for years, I probably would have, but I just felt like I was getting swept up in the recent doc, which was amazing for those that haven't seen it. Thats what a Guns documentary should be like if they ever make one. Now I really wish I saw them.

Very sad and very sudden despite him being sick.

Shit year to be a rock fan? yup but it's not because of all the big names passing it's just a hell of a lot people that are realising that they really are somewhat a product of their generation and they are getting old, nevertheless I do agree that this one puts me down as well. Just like Scott/Lemmy/bowie etc.

Can't stand the Eagles, but sucks to lose another giant. Seeing Bruce Springsteen tomorrow night. The question is not if, but what Eagles tune the E Street Band will turn out.

He just recently played with Jackson Browne, covering Take It Easy with him. I'd say thats a strong contender. Personally, I think he could sing the fuck out of Already Gone, but thats just me. Those would be my two guesses.

saw this about two hour ago and thought that this "gnr thing" needs to really get its wheels rollin' along. I saw where del twitted the other day somethin' like...deaths appetite needs to slow the fuck down a little...that's no shit.

take it easy glenn. hope your star shines bright in the southern sky tonight...

I'm gutted, they wrote beautiful, poignant songs that had an essence of adventure and while there were so many talented voices and presences in that band, Glenn's was a stand-out. I discovered them properly in my teens and they were definitely a big part of the soundtrack to my life when I was discovering my own independence, sense of exploration and love. I always wanted to see them live, but I was out of Scotland both times they came here, in 2009 I was in Portugal and in 2014 I was in Mexico. As soon as I heard the news, I recorded this wee video, it seemed like the only thing I could do to be honest.

RIP Glenn. :(

Edited by Graeme
  • Like 3