04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

For $2500 Im getting 4 flights, 3 nights stay at the MGM and a ticket to both shows seated in the GA and would still have $700 left over.

Ive also met Axl twice, got stuff signed, pictures and got his mic and it cost me nothing.

Let that sink in!

Yeah, I really can't imagine why you'd want these packages (save the guaranteed GA and early acess, but even that is insane)

Slash had a package for a run of shows a few years ago that was around $2500 (if I recall correctly) and you not only met the man but got a signature Gibson Les Paul too. When you factor in the price of the guitar it wasn't a bad deal if you were in the market for the guitar anyways. That also gave you the concert ticket, merch, and so on.

There is absolutely no reason to spend $2500 on the current GNR package. The biggest draw is the guaranteed seats and/or early entry, but those can also be done with the Silver and Gold packages so there's little reason to spend twice as much for some cheesy extra perks.

• Like 1

Can't believe people are still bitching about the prices....JFC it's 2016 and it's GnR. Don't like it (the prices) don't go. Enjoy your couch or whatever you want to do that weekend, the rest of us will be having a kick ass weekend in Vegas!

Im not bitching about the prices, more of just how idiotic the VIP packs are

Slash had a package for a run of shows a few years ago that was around $2500 (if I recall correctly) and you not only met the man but got a signature Gibson Les Paul too. When you factor in the price of the guitar it wasn't a bad deal if you were in the market for the guitar anyways. That also gave you the concert ticket, merch, and so on.

There is absolutely no reason to spend $2500 on the current GNR package. The biggest draw is the guaranteed seats and/or early entry, but those can also be done with the Silver and Gold packages so there's little reason to spend twice as much for some cheesy extra perks.

I got into the Slash VIP thing for free a few years ago. Got early entry and got to talk to him and get a picture. It was awesome, but wouldn't have been worth the $500. I'll never forget the experience though, and it was free.

Still, for $500 people met Slash, for $2500 you don't get shit lol

One thing I notice from the arena interior shots is its built just like the Xcel Energy center and T-Mobile arena also has the "club" or suite level seating between lower and upper levels. Yet none of those were for sale making me think that may be where all the beautiful people will be.

You must be a fellow Minnesoran- yes if T-Mobile has a club level that's where the beautiful people will be. Getting their comped drinks etc....

Yes sir I am.

Met Duff at Uproar

I went to a paid Satriani meet and greet. It was $300 but you got a lengthy q and a with him, time to meet him, a backstage tour, early entry, and some random junk

That was really cool.

If you got to meet Axl, Slash, Duff, etc with the $2500 package, it's still obscene but I could see not wanting to miss that

The biggest draw is the guaranteed seats and/or early entry, but those can also be done with the Silver and Gold packages so there's little reason to spend twice as much for some cheesy extra perks.

Other than early entry 90% of the arena will be guaranteed seats.

LAST general verbal warning about this-

This thead is for discussing the upcoming shows in Las Vegas. If you want to discuss anything else other than that, take it to the correct thread. If you want to ask a user personal questions that are not insulting, take it to PMs.

• Like 1

The biggest draw is the guaranteed seats and/or early entry, but those can also be done with the Silver and Gold packages so there's little reason to spend twice as much for some cheesy extra perks.

Other than early entry 90% of the arena will be guaranteed seats.

I should have clarified - I didn't mean assigned seating, I meant guaranteed close seats (the "within the first 10 rows" perks). If you can only pull up a pair of tickets at the very back, then it's a desirable perk for some people to pull the trigger on a VIP package just to automatically get a close seat without the StubHub route.

Edit: Just saw your post now Russ!

Edited by James Bond

This thead is for discussing the upcoming shows in Las Vegas. If you want to discuss anything else other than that, take it to the correct thread. If you want to ask a user personal questions that are not insulting, take it to PMs.

Hey Russ, this thread is for those going to the shows, what are you doing here :P

• Like 1

As for scalping, here's a way to solve it for intimate shows at least (and maybe all shows perhaps). Each fan club member gets one ticket. I know, I know, that sucks, but hear me out. It really is the only way to prevent scalping. Each member gets a ticket with their name on it. When you show up you present the ticket with your ID. Same each time you re-enter the venue and/or section (general admission). Yeah, I guess you can get a fake ID made, but many states now have sophisticated IDs. They can run them through those machines that will indicate if it's fake or not.

That's all good. But what if you can't make it? Then you're out of 250 $ and somebody else can't get a ticket because it went to someone, who can't attend after all.

Hey Russ, this thread is for those going to the shows, what are you doing here :P

Touche :lol:

P.S. If it weren't for completely outrageous flights, I'd be there for the Saturday show, but there's just no way it's gonna happen :facepalm:<_<

Touche :lol:

P.S. If it weren't for completely outrageous flights, I'd be there for the Saturday show, but there's just no way it's gonna happen :facepalm:<_<

Shit... I was hoping detroit flights would go down in price. Not likely?

The VIP is not even offering the best seat though. The best place in the house is the standing general admission, if you define 'best' as that which puts you at closest proximity to the stage as possible. How much are they retailing at? $1000? And most seem to prefer standing (not me as it happens). So if you are flush with money and stupid for Guns N' Roses then certainly grab that as it is a far better deal than the VIP.

All I would conceivably want is the signed poster. A lanyard!! And do you really want to see Slash's sweaty socks backstage, or eat hors d'oeuvre before a rock show? You eat chips and have a few pints beforehand. You also do not want to be too pissed on the complimentary drinks as you will lose interest in the concert and start chasing women instead.

Edited by DieselDaisy

I'm pretty sure if Slash would start playing the intro to Slither or the intro to Anastasia in the middle of the show, people wouldn't just appreciate it but go nuts.

I would actually deal with hearing a CD song if they did Anastasia.. Would love to hear Axl's take on that one...

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure if Slash would start playing the intro to Slither or the intro to Anastasia in the middle of the show, people wouldn't just appreciate it but go nuts.

I would actually deal with hearing a CD song if they did Anastasia.. Would love to hear Axl's take on that one...

I know own you are pissed about prices, but I hope you're still going because you seem hyped lol

I have two single tickets for the April 8th Vegas show and I only need one. One seat is Section 10 row B and the other ticket is section 226 row J. My question to the forum members is which do you think is the better seat for the show?

I wish I knew how to paste the seating image into this post so instead I have the link below:

https://tickets.axs.com/eventShopperV3.html?wr=56518aff-4e00-4d79-8953-6c6ad49826c8&calendarView=1&preFill=1〈=en&locale=en_us&eventid=306247&ec=LVA160408&src=AEGAXS1_WMAIN&skin=axs_tmobile&fbShareURL=www.axs.com%2Fevents%2F306247%2Fguns-n-roses-tickets%3F%26ref%3Devs_fb

Thats a tough question. 226 is closer but the sound might not be as good and its weird angle to watch at. sec 10 is further back but the sound will likely be better and you have a direct view.

I have section 11 for the 8th and 226 for the 9th thought i'd give both a shot so if one wasn't great the other would be.

• Like 1