04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

LAST general verbal warning about this-

This thead is for discussing the upcoming shows in Las Vegas. If you want to discuss anything else other than that, take it to the correct thread. If you want to ask a user personal questions that are not insulting, take it to PMs.

Hey Russ, this thread is for those going to the shows, what are you doing here :P

Touche :lol:

P.S. If it weren't for completely outrageous flights, I'd be there for the Saturday show, but there's just no way it's gonna happen :facepalm:<_<

Shit... I was hoping detroit flights would go down in price. Not likely?

Shitty Spirit is like $275 I didn't think that was bad. I was more freaked about hotels on the strip $250-300 a night

LAST general verbal warning about this-

This thead is for discussing the upcoming shows in Las Vegas. If you want to discuss anything else other than that, take it to the correct thread. If you want to ask a user personal questions that are not insulting, take it to PMs.

Hey Russ, this thread is for those going to the shows, what are you doing here :P

Touche :lol:

P.S. If it weren't for completely outrageous flights, I'd be there for the Saturday show, but there's just no way it's gonna happen :facepalm:<_<

Shit... I was hoping detroit flights would go down in price. Not likely?

Shitty Spirit is like $275 I didn't think that was bad. I was more freaked about hotels on the strip $250-300 a night

I have two single tickets for the April 8th Vegas show and I only need one. One seat is Section 10 row B and the other ticket is section 226 row J. My question to the forum members is which do you think is the better seat for the show?

I wish I knew how to paste the seating image into this post so instead I have the link below:

https://tickets.axs.com/eventShopperV3.html?wr=56518aff-4e00-4d79-8953-6c6ad49826c8&calendarView=1&preFill=1〈=en&locale=en_us&eventid=306247&ec=LVA160408&src=AEGAXS1_WMAIN&skin=axs_tmobile&fbShareURL=www.axs.com%2Fevents%2F306247%2Fguns-n-roses-tickets%3F%26ref%3Devs_fb

Personally I would think Section 10 is a better seat. For one, you have row B, so that right there is basically front row in that section. A plus there. Another plus IMO is its a straight view of the stage. Understandly 226 is cooler cause its Slash's side but you're also ALL the way on that side. Almost to a fault. Who knows what the stage is gonna look like and if it'll be an obstructed seat. And you're in row J there, so halfway up in an already high side seat.

Which is why I'd take 10. You get a better view of the whole stage, as well video screens I would assume, whereas I think with 226 you'll either be watching a video screen all night or no screen and you're just on a weird side angle, possibly to a fault. Not to mention what was said that the sound is probably better in 10 since its supposed to fill the arena as opposed to 226 which is probably right next to a speaker, which to me is never preferred.

I'll be in section 10 night 2 and I'm looking forward to those seats. Would prefer closer, but for what it is at least you're seeing the whole stage. If it were me, I'd definitely take those, but I also don't know the arena so what I was saying about high up could be wrong. And I would totally get if people want to be as close on Slash's side as possible, no matter where the seat is. But thats just my two cents.

Thanks guys for all your help. Now my next question is would any forum member like my section 226 row j seat (for $$$) or like to trade for a ticket for the april 9th show? please pm me if interested.

Maybe a weird question about the openers: does anyone think they would go on before the ticketed time of 9:30? I only ask because 9:30 seems like a weird time. I guess maybe its for honesty, but I would feel if he plans to get on stage at 9:30, the ticket would say 8, or 8:30 or even 9. 9:30 seems like you wouldn't have an opener go on then, THEN have the band go on at 11. I'd be fine with it, but that is like exactly what Slash hated. Waiting till 11 to play. I could understand him being ok with 10 at the latest.

So either I could see an opener going on at 8, despite the ticket saying 9:30 (maybe just some local band so even if people are there it wasn't difficult for them?), or no opener at all and the band intends to go on somewhere around 9:30. I just don't think you get a ticket time of 9:30, an opener at that time, THEN the band. That does seem too weird. Why have the opener go on SO late?

Maybe a weird question about the openers: does anyone think they would go on before the ticketed time of 9:30? I only ask because 9:30 seems like a weird time. I guess maybe its for honesty, but I would feel if he plans to get on stage at 9:30, the ticket would say 8, or 8:30 or even 9. 9:30 seems like you wouldn't have an opener go on then, THEN have the band go on at 11. I'd be fine with it, but that is like exactly what Slash hated. Waiting till 11 to play. I could understand him being ok with 10 at the latest.

So either I could see an opener going on at 8, despite the ticket saying 9:30 (maybe just some local band so even if people are there it wasn't difficult for them?), or no opener at all and the band intends to go on somewhere around 9:30. I just don't think you get a ticket time of 9:30, an opener at that time, THEN the band. That does seem too weird. Why have the opener go on SO late?

Its Axl and its Vegas. Who knows what will happen. My guess- opener and then Guns at 11. That or no opener and Guns at 10. I doubt even the band knows at this time. The Killers play a few days before, maybe they can stick around and open. Edited by Estranged1

In Vancouver 2011, Loaded didn't start until 9. I think the last vegas openers started around 10? It's also cuz it's Vegas and there's no curfew, but I'm almost certain they'll announce an opener...

The Killers play a few days before, maybe they can stick around and open.

They are the only band that gets Axl off his ass, so it would be a cool way to support them if he's really a fan.

In Vancouver 2011, Loaded didn't start until 9. I think the last vegas openers started around 10? It's also cuz it's Vegas and there's no curfew, but I'm almost certain they'll announce an opener...

I guess thats true. Honestly, I'm fine with an opener. Since these are seats, I'm totally fine for these shows to go late in the night. Thats part of GNR's charm. I kind of enjoy that the story would go "yeah, I saw the first show Axl and Slash played together, and the concert went till 2 in the morning."

I don't have any money left to actually enjoy Vegas, so seriously, play till 4AM so I can just sleep all day and save my funds lol.

• Like 1

Its Axl and its Vegas. Who knows what will happen. My guess- opener and then Guns at 11. That or no opener and Guns at 10. I doubt even the band knows at this time. The Killers play a few days before, maybe they can stick around and open.

The Killers would be great, but I'm not sure how good the pay is for an opener. Seems like GNR will see all the revenue.

Its Axl and its Vegas. Who knows what will happen. My guess- opener and then Guns at 11. That or no opener and Guns at 10. I doubt even the band knows at this time. The Killers play a few days before, maybe they can stick around and open.

The Killers would be great, but I'm not sure how good the pay is for an opener. Seems like GNR will see all the revenue.

I'm not in a band so I don't know. Would anyone REALLY care about the pay when opening for, all intents and purposes, reunited GNR? Just a chance to meet them, to play a big time event like that, simply as fans not seizing that opportunity? Especially if they were already in that building and it wasn't a hassle for them? Hence the reason I was saying an opener before the ticket time. Seriously, I would think any band would want to open just to be in that building. To get any sort of exposure from this seems like it'd be a no brainer, either for a no name band off the street, or a big name one that Guns asked to actually be a part of it. That would be an honor.

• Like 2

I guess it depends how big the opener is. You take someone like the killers who have met Axl before. I think Brandon Flowers said, "he waited 15 years to release his album the same week as me, but I've hung out with him before...Axl is alright." So the appeal of meeting them might not be there for a big band.

But an up and comer no doubt wouldn't mind playing for little to no cost at this opportunity...

Normally Vegas likes to have events later so people have time to linger around and gamble. Never seen an opener unless it's a local band go on before printed time on ticket. My guess no chance they play before 11.

Funny that people only mention The Killers because Axl randomly introduced them one time. Weird.

I mentioned them because they will be there a day or 2 before and yes the Axl connection.....if it really matters to you

They're a great band, especially live. I've seen them six or seven times. They're one of the few bands that I've followed from their own beginnings because most of the music I listen to started either before I was born or when I was too young to be into it.

On the start time subject, I feel like 9:30 could very well be an opener since its Vegas. For the tour proper I'm sure they'll agree to a standard 10:30 or something like that (save for Coachella probably). What seemed to piss off Slash was the endless waiting for hours, but if it's set in stone that they'll play at 10:30 every night then I can't see him being pissed as long as it stays that way. Axl has been pretty good overall since 2010. It's when the opener is done at 8:00 and Axl decides not to appear until midnight. However, if the opener goes at 9:00 for the tour then 10:00-10:30 shouldn't be a problem.