04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

Axl will sound great a few shows in. He is finding his footing, performing while stationary which must be very unusual to him. Lots of clean voice today, but holy shit some glimpses of magic that are bound to become more and more frequent as he progresses.

Regardless of his overall performance, it is clear that he tried to prepare, rehearsed, soundchecked and is putting on his best effort, with a broken foot.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, slashfan31 said:

He really needed those Jubilees back, GREAT improvement over his recent tone

Now that the jubilee heads are back in production, it will be much easier to replace them if one should go missing or break down.

7 minutes ago, lkillmer said:

He did. I saw those too. I think he may have had six total that he used from 87-91. And then in St. Louis his entire backline was destroyed but I think he may have managed to save two or three of the jubilee heads. I've seen them on his rack a few times over the past couple years

I dont think that explains it at all. His tone carried on the same through the rest of the tour. It changed some during the Snakepit era, then again with VR. I think he used a Vintage Modern with the Jubilee head in stereo. I've heard the 2555x and it doesnt sound THAT much different than the original model. And his cabs are still just a box with V30s. Curious to see what his setup is for this tour. I wonder who is tech is these days.

Edited by pugachev

1 minute ago, NicDwolfwood said:

Slash ripped it up on Nightrain like always

Axl sounds fine to me...Sure his voice gets thin here and there, but its not bad at all to me. Im not gonna expect him to have rasp 100% of the time. its not being realistic to expect that from him

Yeah I think your right, for 54 years old and the style of singing he does, this has been perfectly acceptable showing, Axl certainly hasn't let himself down like he sometimes has done in the past (Rio for example)

Nightrain and Jungle are two songs you can always depend on Axl brining his A game.