04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

Just now, Gackt said:

The solo's likely totally different since I don't believe either Slash or Fortus are proficient at killswitch or tapping

Curious how it'll sound though when it's played at a show, will always favor Bucket's either way :P

It sounded like Slash playing it but hard to tell from the poor quality video.

Both Fortus and Slash would surely be able to pull the studio version off, there's in fact only one beginner level tapping lick in there and the rest isn't too bad either (though there's some fast legato shred at the end that Slash probably can't do).

Not sure about the killswitch lick, but they both use guitars with 2 volume controls that can be substituted for that - it's more of a style question, I don't think Slash ever did that technique and might rather play something else instead.

1 minute ago, Bumble's Bridge Pickup said:

It sounded like Slash playing it but hard to tell from the poor quality video.

Both Fortus and Slash would surely be able to pull the studio version off, there's in fact only one beginner level tapping lick in there and the rest isn't too bad either (though there's some fast legato shred at the end that Slash probably can't do).

Not sure about the killswitch lick, but they both use guitars with 2 volume controls that can be substituted for that - it's more of a style question, I don't think Slash ever did that technique and might rather play something else instead.

Judging by the other ChiDem songs played at the concert, Fortus plays Buckethead parts while Slash plays Finck parts

Happy that Fortus finally gets more time to shine instead of being stuck behind two other guitarists :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Judging by the other ChiDem songs played at the concert, Fortus plays Buckethead parts while Slash plays Finck parts

Happy that Fortus finally gets more time to shine instead of being stuck behind two other guitarists :)

That's the main gist of it, but it's not 100% like that, because Slash does the Bucket solo during the chromatic riff in Better.

Edited by Bumble's Bridge Pickup

7 hours ago, Zint said:

I gotta be honest, I'm really glad I didn't shell out a ton of cash to go see Axl sitting in a chair all night. 

:shrugs:

My hotel is non-refundable so I am heading out for the road trip now. Going to make the best of it! At least i get to see them again in August, maybe he will be upright by then lol. 

30 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

duff deserves a fuckin medal for making this all happen!

Thank you Duff, your motherfucker. Thank you. What I saw was just MAGIC! So happy that this is happening!

More than the performance itself, this night was about redemption. And it happened. To see the big 3 in such a good vibe made my heart skip a beat. The way Axl was looking to Slash was too precious, like "I missed this fucker so much!"

Can't wait to see them in Brazil! Long livw GNR! :headbang:

• Like 2

Got to say I was thoroughly impressed with Axl's vocal delivery. You can tell he wants to push himself on songs that people rip him for. Like he purposefully added rasp to Rocket Queen and was obviously trying to on You Could Be Mine as well. Fucking great performance, problem with Axl is, the guy has superhuman talent, anything less than Paris '92 and most people consider it "shit." It's insane. But even when he's using what people call his "Mickey Mouse" voice, he's got better tone on it, he's obviously worked on his head voice. Also, was he trolling with that Mickey t-shirt? Haha! What a guy!

Just starting to get caught up now - so much to discuss! The new Better intro is really cool, and Slash's solo is killer. Totally different from Robin's but still fits the song so perfectly. That guitar and that voice were truly made for one another.

Good on Frank for reverting to the original Brownstone intro - it sounds great.

1 hour ago, proteu said:

Love this part of the article:

As fans turned for the exits, not many noted that Slash and Rose, on crutches, headed offstage together, their heads turned to one another. It was impossible to know what was being said. But their body language suggested two survivors who recognized a kindred spirit.     

• Like 3

Just waking up after the show.

What can I say guys, RollingStone.com called it EPIC. And so will I, amazing, Axl kept is voice through out the show, yes some parts I head the mickey thing. But overall he sounded amazing. The best part for me was Coma of course, Axl did the outro like a pro! The worst for me, Ferrer, he needs to play to a clicktrack, DTJ was soooo fast Slash couldn't keep up with him. CD songs sound great with slash.

I read around here about Slash not being into it, not true, he was very well into it.

GO SEE THEM!

11 minutes ago, Cruel Intentions said:

Axl sounds so much better when he's just sitting in one spot and not running around for 3 hours on stage. I've been saying for years that he needs to cut down on his stage antics and he'd instantly sound much better. Maybe breaking his foot is the best thing that could've happened for him lol.

That scream in Coma of "What the fuck is going on!!!! Goddammit!!" ???

absolutely agree.

I've been saying this snice 2006. when he got pissed at that English show (donington I think it was? or download?) and he stood still on stage for Better he sounded fantastic.

• Like 1